No kills today... yet.

Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
05/04/24 +6.1 Days

Search

Anniversaries

14th - wolf420

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » Developer Feedback » » Engines
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
 Author Engines
Enterprise
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2011-06-11 09:05   
Quote:

On 2011-06-10 23:58, Brahmastra*SCO2*(COPS) wrote:
Quote:

On 2011-06-10 22:58, The_Enforcer (the Dreadful) wrote:
You guys are all aware that you can remove engine trails, missle trails , fighter trails in the setup menu right?

That applies if you don't want to see the trails of things, including yourself. It does not change whether the other guy in a Siphon can see your trail or not (unless he disables trails too, which does not change performance or graphics enough).

+0 to invisible trails. I don't want to beacon people just for the sake of making sure I can target them.

Yeah this is an added bonus.

Its very, very easy to spot a ship with bright colored trails, no matter how far under the ECM it is. Either way you can get close enough to reveal them and its game over.

With an actual stealth drive (that in some way, hides the trail), you get a true form a stealth. Not as good as actual cloaking, but good enough that someone who wants to sneak around can do so.

It means less power, but its the tradeoff. Its why it would need some heavy balancing, to get the right amount of regen and power to make it more of an option for ships that opt for stealth (like scouts, frigates, some destroyers and cruisers) but would be mostly out of the question for Dreads and definitely not for Stations.

I'd say either make the trails black or transparent if possible, but black would be an interesting dynamic. It would stand out only if you were looking closely against a bright object, something that as common. Lots more strategy to it.

-Ent

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
Page created in 0.005035 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR