No kills today... yet.

Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
05/04/24 +6.0 Days

Search

Anniversaries

14th - wolf420

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » Developer Feedback » » Fleet Prestige
Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
 Author Fleet Prestige
CBR{DTB}
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2011-06-11 02:07   
I was wondering why do people play without their fleet all of the time.
People in a fleet dont even work together most of the time . They never make strategies so i thought why not make a ranking in a fleet , Not by how much prestige a person has but by how much a person has contributed to a fleet.

Fleet prestige can be awarded by capping planets with the fleet name near the status . By simply killing other people with the fleet name showing up in the status bar . By doing anything that can be recognisable by the fleet .

When some one has earned a certain amout of prestige for their fleet they can be promoted with in the fleet to certain postions. like Xo , or what not .

This will make more people want to play together as a fleet because they will want to be recognised by others in the same fleet.

And this will also end the struggle for who is the leader of the fleet and who has more power to make decisions.

Thx for your time please respond.

Forger of Destiny
Chief Marshal
We Kick Arse

Posted: 2011-06-11 03:00   
Fleets are an organisation. So the positions in a fleet are determined at the liberty of the head of the organisation (who is recognised by the fleetmembers as their head/is the fleet creator).

So...if the head of the fleet wants a midshipman to be his XO, then be it. It is an internal matter of a fleet after all.

And about the tactical part of fleet - DS is a teamwork game. If you team up your work will be exponentially better (2 ppl doing work together>2 ppl doing work separately). So if two fleetmates want to improve their chances of winning a conflict they can work together under the fleet's name. This would reduce their losses aswell as bolster their position in fleet rankings. Teamwork=Win^2

Aaron Lienhardt
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2011-06-11 04:53   
i like the idea since it bringes a challenge to being a fleet member.

this idea is best in a large fleet because all the members want to be the better pilot

Yes!!! we got here before the damn luthies!! who wants to celebrate?

Tommas [ USF HunnyBunny ]
Chief Marshal
Pitch Black

Posted: 2011-06-11 05:20   
Well since prestige dont mather anymore i think its this is a better way to rank a fleet.

I more thinking of power of the fleet, like how many planets they own aka territory you can say. Fleet kills versus fleet deaths etc..

would make the rankin list alot more intresting.

Enterprise
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2011-06-11 08:57   
There was a time when fleets owning a planet mattered, but those times are long gone.

As its been noted, working in a team is infinitely better than not working in one.

While Guilds or whatever in other games offer some rewards, the most a fleet offers is a belief system to rally behind, a way to get to know others in the game better, and to of course, work well with people you know.

This isn't a bad thing.

But I wouldn't mind there being something more to a fleet. What that would be, could be anything.

I'd focus more on asethetics, such as (in a universe where we could actually do this), guild colors on ships, prefixes or suffixes added to the name, letting you name your ship, etc.

I also wouldn't mind a toggle that let me change the diamond color of things belonging to the fleet (such as players, planets, etc) to stand out among the green.

There are many other possibilities, and I also think things like planets owned, fleet kills/deaths, etc. are attributes that should be tracked and affect fleet rankings (so more active fleets obviously show). In other words, making fleets an active part of the game. Always an option, but a good option.

I stayed unfleeted a long time until I found one that fit my belief system. I had no other reason to join one. Being locked to a faction? Please. Faction hopping is the best thing about being unfleeted. And I don't really propose that option being taken away (though keeping unfleeted players from joining the most populous faction would be really, really nice).

Anyways. Thats all a pipe dream. Things that would be great to have if we could have them. Some of them are possibilities. Some of them aren't. It would be nice to have something though.

-Ent

P2.
Marshal
*Renegade Space Marines*

Posted: 2011-06-11 09:05   
I think to do something like that would use many server resources.
what is Needed be to play.

You can produce the same problem with the groups. Many join, do nothing and take prestige.

Email P2.
Rebellion
Marshal
Faster than Light

Posted: 2011-06-11 09:18   
The problem with this plan is Prestige is not an accurate indicator of Skill

some vets have been around since 2005 but still are not admrial and thay are much more skilled then you or i

I started on a diffrent account in 2007 but i lost it.

[ This Message was edited by: Rebellion *XO2* on 2011-06-11 09:18 ]

\"War does not decide who is right, but who is left\"
\"I stopped fighting my inner demons we're on the same side now\"

Ray[OU]
Marshal

From: Some where in deep space, From another galaxy. [Origin Unknown]
Posted: 2011-06-11 09:55   
[quote]
On 2011-06-11 05:20, Tommas [ USF HunnyBunny ] wrote:
Well since prestige dont mather anymore i think its this is a better way to rank a fleet.

ok so i tired of marshels and chief marshels saying this for one pres dont matter to them cuz they dont really need any and secound i think its a good idea many fleets are inactive thus y ICC is weak but as much as i hate to admit it when RSM was ICC for a week they kicked butt mainly cuz they had numbers if this wud to be say in your fleet you gain reconition for doing something as cappin a planet you can get a bit of additional pres maby it will make more ICC fleets wake up but then again maby even that wont get ICC fleets active thus why i dont want to really be in a fleet (ICC) fleet any more im here almost every day and i can remeber when i was EAFS when we switched to luth for a week fleet members came out of the blue and EAFS was more active during that time then i had ever seen so maby a change wud make fleets more active maby just a thought

on another note i only wish to be in active fleets sorry EAFS not very active only few memebers on at a time and after the updates ill look into a fleet cuz ill have to scrap some ships

P2.
Marshal
*Renegade Space Marines*

Posted: 2011-06-11 10:03   
maybe is not the correct forum but....

inactive players maybe must be removed from the fleets, or lost prestige when no playing

Email P2.
apate
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2011-06-11 10:38   
Quote:

On 2011-06-11 10:03, P2. wrote:
maybe is not the correct forum but....

inactive players maybe must be removed from the fleets, or lost prestige when no playing

People have lives, don't penalize them for it. If you don't like inactives in your fleet, then it can be done manually.

Email apate
Admiral C. Wilson
Admiral

Posted: 2011-06-11 15:14   
Quote:

On 2011-06-11 08:57, Enterprise wrote:
There was a time when fleets owning a planet mattered, but those times are long gone.

As its been noted, working in a team is infinitely better than not working in one.

While Guilds or whatever in other games offer some rewards, the most a fleet offers is a belief system to rally behind, a way to get to know others in the game better, and to of course, work well with people you know.

This isn't a bad thing.

But I wouldn't mind there being something more to a fleet. What that would be, could be anything.

I'd focus more on asethetics, such as (in a universe where we could actually do this), guild colors on ships, prefixes or suffixes added to the name, letting you name your ship, etc.

I also wouldn't mind a toggle that let me change the diamond color of things belonging to the fleet (such as players, planets, etc) to stand out among the green.

There are many other possibilities, and I also think things like planets owned, fleet kills/deaths, etc. are attributes that should be tracked and affect fleet rankings (so more active fleets obviously show). In other words, making fleets an active part of the game. Always an option, but a good option.

I stayed unfleeted a long time until I found one that fit my belief system. I had no other reason to join one. Being locked to a faction? Please. Faction hopping is the best thing about being unfleeted. And I don't really propose that option being taken away (though keeping unfleeted players from joining the most populous faction would be really, really nice).

Anyways. Thats all a pipe dream. Things that would be great to have if we could have them. Some of them are possibilities. Some of them aren't. It would be nice to have something though.

-Ent

This. I counted 4 fleets that have someone on alll the time so eargo they are the most active fleets, ADM, FTL, SPD, EAFS. 4 out of 22 is sad people. I agree with every thing Enterprise says and some of these are really goood ideas and I would like to see some of them put into play.

Email Admiral C. Wilson
The Fridge
Chief Marshal
Templar Knights

Posted: 2011-06-11 15:52   
Quote:

On 2011-06-11 15:14, Admiral Chance Wilson*CO* (FS) wrote:
the most active fleets, ADM, FTL, SPD, EAFS. 4 out of 22 is sad people.

No fleet is on at all or most of the time, especially ADM, SPD and EAFS which has gone mostly inactive.

Rebellion
Marshal
Faster than Light

Posted: 2011-06-11 17:51   
Quote:

On 2011-06-11 15:52, The Fridge wrote:
Quote:

No fleet is on at all or most of the time, especially ADM, SPD and EAFS which has gone mostly inactive.

hmm judgeing by those satistics......FTL is the only ICC fleet still alive

[ This Message was edited by: Rebellion *XO2* on 2011-06-11 17:57 ]

\"War does not decide who is right, but who is left\"
\"I stopped fighting my inner demons we're on the same side now\"

Deth *CO2*
Chief Marshal
Army Of Darkness

Posted: 2011-06-11 18:50   
Quote:

On 2011-06-11 17:51, Rebellion *XO2* wrote:
Quote:

On 2011-06-11 15:52, The Fridge wrote:
Quote:

hmm judgeing by those satistics......FTL is the only ICC fleet still alive

[ This Message was edited by: *Leviathan* on 2011-06-11 18:51 ]

Hm, Do you mean the only icc fleet that has been succesfully 'resurrected'?

*FTL*Soulless
Marshal

Posted: 2011-06-11 20:20   
resurrected and growing.

I don't know about this Idea cause like its been said Fleets are for groups of people to just play together so to throw in something like this would defeat the purpose partly

[ This Message was edited by: Soulless *ADM* on 2011-06-11 20:54 ]

Email *FTL*Soulless
Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
Page created in 0.025931 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR