Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
05/04/24 +4.3 Days

Search

Anniversaries

22th - Tellaris
17th - Oskar von Reuenthal

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » English (General) » » Why are fleets needed anymore?
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
 Author Why are fleets needed anymore?
Xavier I. Agamemnon
Grand Admiral
Exathra Alliance Fleet

Posted: 2011-06-12 21:16   
Quote:

On 2011-06-12 18:25, $yTHe {C?} wrote:
We need fleets so I can look at the stickies with Ash'elth's rants crossposted from the GTN forums and the story about a guy sticking his junk into a jar of peanut butter.

HAHAHAHAHAHA

Xavier I. Agamemnon
CD/I.C.S Spartacus
HC/I.C.S Athena
CDD/I.C.S Achilles
Leader of the Exathra Alliance Fleet.

Email Xavier I. Agamemnon   Goto the website of Xavier I. Agamemnon
µOmniVore
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2011-06-12 23:39   
fleets are completly usless, they lock you to a faction and if you are not facing that many enemies you can't switch sides to offer help to the weak faction.

So i say fleets are usless, as they break balancing and usually have it so if one large fleet joins another faction it tips the scale in the current stale mate.

(please bring back the the large mv with long range jump drives this current system is boring)

Email µOmniVore
Krim {C?}
Marshal
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2011-06-13 03:24   
Fleets are important and required.

End of Line.

GTN - Veneratio est Totus

Goto the website of Krim {C?}
Sops
Marshal
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2011-06-13 08:33   
Quote:

On 2011-06-12 23:39, µOmniVore wrote:
fleets are completly usless, they lock you to a faction and if you are not facing that many enemies you can't switch sides to offer help to the weak faction.

Then don't join a fleet?

So i say fleets are usless, as they break balancing and usually have it so if one large fleet joins another faction it tips the scale in the current stale mate.

Yes, the metaverse should be in a constant stalemate, it would be unimaginable for one side to gain a temporary advantage and change the status quo.

Pantheon
Marshal
Palestar

Posted: 2011-06-13 08:37   
We have some interesting stuff coming up through the pipeworks. Will try to get a dev blog finished about it tonight .

coolestguy
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2011-06-13 11:13   
Quote:

On 2011-06-13 03:24, Krim {C?} wrote:
Fleets are important and required.

End of Line.

Why are fleets important & why are they required? Can you pls tell us your reasons behind this? Im not against them but would like to better understand why they are important.

CM7
Midshipman
Faster than Light

Posted: 2011-06-13 13:04   
Fleets are important and required because they are the banks of tried and true tatics and skill.

FTL has a collection of the best texts regarding ICC piloting and tatics. Fleets provide training in advanced manuvers that cannot be expressed elsewhere to insure that knowledge stays with ICC pilots.

Krim {C?}
Marshal
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2011-06-13 14:18   
Quote:

On 2011-06-13 11:13, coolestguy wrote:

Why are fleets important & why are they required? Can you pls tell us your reasons behind this? Im not against them but would like to better understand why they are important.

Fleets (like clans in other games) Help support the community. They allow players to be groomed and trained. They allow a closer knit comradarie within the community to help retain the playerbase. They allow for more coordination and tactics in game (this could be said of ragtag groups but not on the same scale) They can be used for division of labor. RSM attacks Tau ceti while GTN attacks eps eri.

Fleets seem outmodded because there aren't many players in the game at the same time. So what you end up with is a massed attack on both sides. Player logs in and says "where we at" it's unfortunate that fleets don't hold the sway they used to. But from firsthand knowledge flying with GTN fleet mates are extremly important. As a fleet you know each other well and want to work as a team (even moreso than your faction)

For instance asking everyone in UGTO "we need a bomber at agrysia" you may or may not get a response, and if you do it may be someone who doesn't have good bombing skills. You ask your fleet mate, and before you know it the infantry are leveled.

I agree fleets need to somehow be updated but they are not useless. They are an important foundation to the community as a whole. I for one would probably not play if it weren't for being a member of GTN

GTN - Veneratio est Totus

Goto the website of Krim {C?}
Rebel Retribution
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2011-06-13 16:09   
^ what he said ^

Fleets help gets jobs done period. Whether it be bombing, building, fighting, or repping, fleetmembers can be counted on to help the faction as a whole and not are not just out for themselves, trying to get the most pres possible. I dont know about other fleets, but in FTL, members join a collective grp when logged in so everybody can get a peice of the pres pie .

Email Rebel Retribution
Marius Falix
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2011-06-13 16:45   
the Idea for fleet creds would be nice however usingt hese creds to host Events would be nice too

We are the Falix Brothers...

Silent Threat { Vier }
Marshal
Anarchy's End

Posted: 2011-06-13 17:19   
Fleets are a way to be part of something bigger.
Fleets will normally gain more attention than individual people. You will hear people talking about Wolf, PB, or RSM more than you will hear them talk about Azreal, Necrotic, or Nemesis to name 3 random people from those fleets.
Fleets can also accomplish things that a single person could not do on their own.

I talk about my history in DS by the fleets I was with: my early days in LOD, then my advance training during my Wolf days, then my time with FS and then back with Wolf again once it re-formed and now my time leading END.
Fleets have always been important to me. To me, the fleets are Darkspace.

RonZo *FC*
Chief Marshal
Courageous Elite Commandos

Posted: 2011-06-13 22:17   
Its a privilige...

Necrotic
Chief Marshal
Pitch Black

Posted: 2011-06-13 23:05   
the question about why fleets matters is sort of amusing. Fleetless people are not considered any benefit to your faction outside of being a distraction for enemy fire. Fleetless people tend to be faction hoppers switching sides to whom ever has the advantage. Perhaps a few fleetless people are honorable or loyal but those are very few. Also its possible some people might say they are freelancers. Unfortuantly their additions are marginal. I would prefer a noob who joins my fleet then a skilled veteran who is fleetless.

Those of us are true to our fleets and factions defend it regardless of the odds. For a long time we have considered fleetless people to be little more then the enemy who happens to be green. This may seem kind of harsh to some. Consider your fleet mates are willing to stand with u and fight along side u even to their death.How much faith can u place on someone who is neither dedicated to ur faction or a fleet of said faction.

Join a fleet and you will be at the very least respected for your loyalty to your faction. Show ur dedication to ur faction by proving your willing to fight for it by enlisting in the fleets.

No matter how hard they have tried. They havnt figured out how to nerf skill yet :P

Blackjack [DBL]
Grand Admiral
Faster than Light

Posted: 2011-06-14 20:17   
Its something to be worn with pride. it says "even though I might be outnumbered, I won't give up," The private forum is also good for discussing evil plans like...

[ This Message was edited by: Da Bes Loser *FCA* on 2011-06-14 20:18 ]

Names I used: Da Bes Loser, Perseverance, Loyalty.

*FTL*Soulless
Marshal

Posted: 2011-06-14 20:40   
Good thing i remembered that switch......

Fleets are just a group of people who generaly have fun together and work together better than they do others. So fleets are needed because lets face it who you gonna trust to have your back, a member of your fleet or some random unfleeted person (yes there is some good ones out there)

Email *FTL*Soulless
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
Page created in 0.206137 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR