No kills today... yet.

Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
04/20/24 +4.0 Days

Search

Anniversaries

1st - almand

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » * Development Blog * » » Fleet levels and more!
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 Next Page )
 Author Fleet levels and more!
Pantheon
Marshal
Palestar

Posted: 2011-06-15 06:21   
You will not be able to withdraw any credits from the fleet.

Aaron Lienhardt
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2011-06-15 10:47   
i have no credits and cant buy anything cause im 15 but this still sounds exciting, especially the part about command modules

Yes!!! we got here before the damn luthies!! who wants to celebrate?

Xydes
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2011-06-15 12:27   
I like the Idea but I don't know what to think... reminds me of Guild Donations in MMORPG's created by Perfect World such as BOI or Forsaken World...

I like the Idea of Command Modules but... the fleet levels thingy... I dunno

We'll see what its like when it comes around.

-DV

Sops
Marshal
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2011-06-15 12:27   
Sorry, to rephrase.

I am concerned the proposed system would encourage players to consolidate wealth by forming a few large fleets and create a disincentive for players to stay in or join smaller fleets. I am not sure this homogenization and restriction is beneficial to the future of DarkSpace.

µOmniVore
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2011-06-16 01:54   
This is the silliest idea i have heard of yet, i would much rather you guys give fleet admin the option to add specialized AOE enhancements to command ships and those leaders can ask for donations to help that cause.

fleet levels and player donations is a step in the wrong direction, if this is an attempt at getting more money it is a terrible idea. I would much rather see a % of the fleets accumulated prestige go towards the fleet rank while unlocking specialized enhancements for that fleet to invest in.

i would much rather invest my money in planet and faction wide enhancements as a fleetless player, so the game can become more strategic again.

Email µOmniVore
LPv2.5
Chief Marshal
*Renegade Space Marines*

Posted: 2011-06-16 04:02   
Quote:

On 2011-06-16 01:54, µOmniVore wrote:
This is the silliest idea i have heard of yet, i would much rather you guys give fleet admin the option to add specialized AOE enhancements to command ships and those leaders can ask for donations to help that cause.

fleet levels and player donations is a step in the wrong direction, if this is an attempt at getting more money it is a terrible idea. I would much rather see a % of the fleets accumulated prestige go towards the fleet rank while unlocking specialized enhancements for that fleet to invest in.

i would much rather invest my money in planet and faction wide enhancements as a fleetless player, so the game can become more strategic again.

I second most of what Omni is saying. I think having the levels purchased with accumulated credits puts more importance on a fleet having credits rather than being skilled and gaining prestige. I think having the levels unlock at a certain pres threshold would be better and then having special fleet or planet enhancements that can be purchased using "fleet credits".
This is a great starting place for increasing the revenue stream of the game (if that is the intention).

Enterprise
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2011-06-16 06:53   
Quote:

On 2011-06-15 12:27, Sops wrote:
Sorry, to rephrase.

I am concerned the proposed system would encourage players to consolidate wealth by forming a few large fleets and create a disincentive for players to stay in or join smaller fleets. I am not sure this homogenization and restriction is beneficial to the future of DarkSpace.

My same concern.

Also.

Quote:

We could consider it a donation made to the faction government – the more you donate, the more you get back in turn. If the fleet gets disbanded then this is lost permanently. I would also want to lock fleets to a given faction under this system as you are gaining representation with a given government.

You could just make it so that you can donate credits to a faction, and you get influence with that faction in return. When you join a fleet, that influence is pooled, and then you gain additional benefits. That way if a person leaves a fleet they still keep their benefits.

If you want to encourage loyalty within a faction, you could make it so that influence also at the same time affects what benefits you have in other factions. So as, if you donated 1000 credits to Kluth, UGTO and ICC get pissed and your influence with them decreases with each donation until you hit zero.

So either you spend ALOT of money to have a little influence everywhere, or some money to have alot of influence in one place.

Just thoughts

-Ent

Pegasus
Grand Admiral
Pitch Black

Posted: 2011-06-16 08:19   
Seems someone thought the World of Warcraft guild levelling system is a good idea.
Now when the fleet gets to lvl 25 can i ride on a gaifen!

jamesbob
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2011-06-16 09:17   
i never thought i would ever find my self fully agreeing with omni sadly that day has come.

i just don't know what to say omnivore as pretty much covered it.

i would rather use my credits to improve Planets then to improve fleets.

Marius Falix
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2011-06-16 11:11   
SUGGESTION:

Allow ENHancements to be sold back for credits, now nothing major, like 1 or two credits for a minor. and add 1+ to the value for each step up.

most people wont want that few couple of creds in their balance but if you could add it to the fleet bank then itl begin to add up. it wont reduce Credits bought, atleast very lightly allthough possible frustration of the time to get a usefull amount together may persuade people to buy them.

this will allow those who play the game for free to still be able to help out with their fleet.

just a small idea that i very much doubt will have a major affect but will stop people being forced into a corner which is very much not in the spirit of a FTP game... atleast those iv found worth playing.

^^

problems?

We are the Falix Brothers...

Rebellion
Marshal
Faster than Light

Posted: 2011-06-16 12:51   
i agree with what tellarius and Omivore said..althought not all the ideas are crap but makeing it so that credits (aka money) will represent how good your fleet is...it just dosent make sense.

At least were trying to add more functionality to fleets

\"War does not decide who is right, but who is left\"
\"I stopped fighting my inner demons we're on the same side now\"

Pantheon
Marshal
Palestar

Posted: 2011-06-16 16:27   
I'm not sure where you guys are getting your information from...

No-where in this dev blog is it stated that you will receive BETTER anything for upgrading your fleet. The only thing you unlock is more OPTIONS and perhaps a REWARDS in terms of garage space. We will not be giving better weapons, gadgets, or any thing to that extent, to fleets that are a higher level.

In no way, shape, or form, will you unlock anything 'better' by being in a 'level 4' fleet over a 'level 1' fleet. You might get different command modules that give different bonuses, but those bonuses will not be greater than the ones others have, nor will there be more of those bonuses. Please stop reading players replies and replying based on them. Actually [b]read
the dev blog, and comment on that. If you had, you'd noticed that we specifically say you don't get better weapons.
[ This Message was edited by: Pantheon on 2011-06-16 16:30 ]

Gejaheline
Fleet Admiral
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2011-06-16 16:38   
Quote:

On 2011-06-16 16:27, Pantheon wrote:
I'm not sure where you guys are getting your information from...

No-where in this dev blog is it stated that you will receive BETTER anything for upgrading your fleet. The only thing you unlock is more OPTIONS and perhaps a REWARDS in terms of garage space. We will not be giving better weapons, gadgets, or any thing to that extent, to fleets that are a higher level.

In no way, shape, or form, will you unlock anything 'better' by being in a 'level 4' fleet over a 'level 1' fleet. You might get different command modules that give different bonuses, but those bonuses will not be greater than the ones others have, nor will there be more of those bonuses. Please stop reading players replies and replying based on them. Actually [b]read
the dev blog, and comment on that. If you had, you'd noticed that we specifically say you don't get better weapons.
[ This Message was edited by: Pantheon on 2011-06-16 16:30 ]

Translation: Higher level fleets get MORE options, not BETTER options.

So a level 4 fleet might have 4 command module choices for their command ships, while a level 1 fleet has one choice.

Gauthus
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2011-06-16 17:52   
Sorry to say this but I don't like the idea.

Lets go with the current abilities of ships (not beta) and current player base.

1. Gives rise to large fleets which will get access to more benefits than smaller ones.
2. Command module giving extra boosts to offense, defense, or whatever in an area .. not bad if there were lots of players etc. Right now with the low player base all it means is that when one faction is outnumbered, the outnumbered faction will have even less of a chance to do anything. Furthermore, there will be a lot less 'strays' to pick off.

The way it is right now + command bonus means:

Kluth is a bunch of small fleets. And loads of unfleeted players. If they remain as they are, they'll be at a disadvantage. So after this change there will be 1 Big fleet tripping over themselves to all get behind 1 enemy to stay in bonus range. Additionally, the enemy will pretty much know that the Kluth are cloaked nearby or at the other enemy factions location. As a Kluth player myself, I say "No thanks".

UGTO has like three large fleets. My best guess is it will get consolidated into one fleet (pretty much similar to how they behave now) and they will all stay within the area of effect of the command module and possibly camp more than they already do in huge stations. This change gives them even more incentive to camp together and dominate more due to the larger player base. This will be good for them!!

ICC has like a couple of small fleets. And low number of unfleeted players. They'll be pretty much the same. Again, one giant fleet. So they'll stick together as they do now already. Meh

Unfleeted players (possibly new players): This will either force them to join a big fleet (not even considering a small fleet) or they'll quit from lack of fun from being dominated and forced to join the only fleet around.

Of course... how you implement this can change things drastically but the biggest problem is the number of players. There just aren't enough.

Just my opinion.
[ This Message was edited by: Gauthus on 2011-06-16 17:54 ]

Pantheon
Marshal
Palestar

Posted: 2011-06-16 18:05   
I'm not sure why people think small fleets will have any less of a chance than large fleets already existing. It costs the same amount.

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 Next Page )
Page created in 0.024914 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR