No kills today... yet.

Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
05/04/24 +5.6 Days

Search

Anniversaries

21th - Chubba

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » Developer Feedback » » More political Influence in game
Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
 Author More political Influence in game
munda13
Admiral

Posted: 2011-06-15 13:17   
OK so theres the icc the ugto and the k luth right

i think it would be a good idea if each planet was an individual AI faction of its own and can make decisions fore its self. so if a faction wants to take the planet without attacking it a single player can orbit the planet and offer an alliance between it and the faction the player is serving under. each planet should also play a bigger role in each factions economy. and each planet should be able to produce its own ships depending on its level.

Players should also be able to establish trade with the planet fore every planet a faction has can influence the size of their fleet. fore example a player can orbit an enemy planet under a white flag so he doesn't get fired upon and can establish a trade or offer an alliance with the planet. depending on the planets moral it can except or turn down the offer.

there should be more list of political options to like when a palnit undergoes constant bombardment and its moral is effected due to this the player can orbit the planet and request its surrender, if the planet was not highly effected by this bombardment it can turn down the request.

i think this is a very good idea and this game would be just a little more action packed if planets played a bigger role in the strength of each factions economy and fleet forcing players to fight a little bit harder and fiercer for each individual planet.
[ This Message was edited by: munda13 on 2011-06-15 13:24 ]

Tommas [ USF HunnyBunny ]
Chief Marshal
Pitch Black

Posted: 2011-06-15 13:46   
I'm all for making planet matter

munda13
Admiral

Posted: 2011-06-15 14:20   
Me too.

Ray[OU]
Marshal

From: Some where in deep space, From another galaxy. [Origin Unknown]
Posted: 2011-06-15 14:25   
same here im sure farstay wud love me and likes working for me iv done alot for that planet in return all it does is hold my ships :/ wud be nice if it did more

[ This Message was edited by: Grand Admiral Ray [OU] on 2011-06-15 14:26 ]

munda13
Admiral

Posted: 2011-06-15 14:37   
lol it could also be an Ai that learns as the game progresses in time so eventually it will learn to favor other players more than it would some randome one

munda13
Admiral

Posted: 2011-06-15 14:38   

[ This Message was edited by: munda13 on 2011-06-15 14:38 ]

*Obsidian Shadow*
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2011-06-15 14:48   
this isn't gonna happen... i might not be DS staff but i can't ever see this kind of stuff happening in the game

The_Enforcer (The Vindicator)
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2011-06-15 14:48   
When i first read this, i was like "Wth is this dude talking about?" But now I see what your triying to say and i second this Idea

munda13
Admiral

Posted: 2011-06-15 14:56   
its a very plausible idea but to be aunest i don't see a super claever AI like Cleverbot making it in there it would cause complete caeaus. it has to be preprogramed.

i tried not to go too far and present the idea were the player could talk to the AI planit and the planit would respond much like Cleverbot. but i thaught that a hole nother type of game.

P2.
Marshal
*Renegade Space Marines*

Posted: 2011-06-15 14:59   
Don not forget incorporate the 3 robotics laws.
Just in case that rebel.

Email P2.
Thernhoghas
Grand Admiral
Exathra Alliance Fleet

Posted: 2011-06-15 15:05   
I thought of suggesting something like that a few months ago, but didn't because the following came into my mind:

How should that work for DS? I mean EVERY SINGLE PLANET would be a kind-of-faction on its own; EVERY SINGLE PLANET of the 349 inhabitable planets.

I will simply assume that you guys can finish this thought for yourselves and won't explain it in detail

I really don't want to burst bubbles, but DS is run and programmed by volunteers in their free time.

Think about it :/

MarineKingPrime
Marshal
Exathra Alliance Fleet

Posted: 2011-06-15 19:10   
planet clusters, then.

also: the same way we manage troop movements and ai for every single one of those planets.
[ This Message was edited by: darksmaster923 (3IC) on 2011-06-15 19:11 ]

Pantheon
Marshal
Palestar

Posted: 2011-06-15 19:12   
This wouldn't suit DarkSpace, nor does it synergise with anything we have planned for planets in the future.

And it's in the wrong place.
[ This Message was edited by: Pantheon on 2011-06-15 19:12 ]

jamesbob
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2011-06-16 09:21   
while i am all for making planets better

there is really only one simple way of doing it.

BRINGING BACK 1.5 BASES you know the ones that got nerfed due to *coughs voilently* graphical lag issues and server lag (which could have been easily resolved by just removing the missles i mean think about it)

however seeing as thats not going to happen and everyone else clearly fail to understand any new plantary benefits are USELESS IF SAID PLANET IS SO EASY TO TAKE.

so lets just drop this improving the planets stuff because its all going to be pointless with defences that are paintball guns shooting skywards.

plain and simple.
[ This Message was edited by: jamesbob on 2011-06-16 09:28 ]

Fatal Perihelion
Chief Marshal
Fatal Squadron

Posted: 2011-06-16 10:50   
Quote:

On 2011-06-15 13:17, munda13 wrote:
OK so theres the icc the ugto and the k luth right

i think it would be a good idea if each planet was an individual AI faction of its own and can make decisions fore its self. so if a faction wants to take the planet without attacking it a single player can orbit the planet and offer an alliance between it and the faction the player is serving under. each planet should also play a bigger role in each factions economy. and each planet should be able to produce its own ships depending on its level.

Players should also be able to establish trade with the planet fore every planet a faction has can influence the size of their fleet. fore example a player can orbit an enemy planet under a white flag so he doesn't get fired upon and can establish a trade or offer an alliance with the planet. depending on the planets moral it can except or turn down the offer.

there should be more list of political options to like when a palnit undergoes constant bombardment and its moral is effected due to this the player can orbit the planet and request its surrender, if the planet was not highly effected by this bombardment it can turn down the request.

i think this is a very good idea and this game would be just a little more action packed if planets played a bigger role in the strength of each factions economy and fleet forcing players to fight a little bit harder and fiercer for each individual planet.
[ This Message was edited by: munda13 on 2011-06-15 13:24 ]

In Scenario you may see that planets do have different roles.
On Barren planets you cant build Stations, since 100k res is cap.
Mining-planets are needed if you dont want to extract for ever and a Depot-planet is usefull too.
Just in the Metaverse all that is working already..
But i agree: since Def is almost useless beside Sensors and PointDefense,
the number of roles a planet can have are small.
Ironicaly low tech planets like depots, are the most stable ones.

So my two suggestions would be:
Make high-tech Offense- and Defensebases stronger again.
Make Barrens SPAWN Destroyer class ships max.
Ice and Arid: Spawn Cruisers max.
Desert and Oean: Dreads max.
Terrans: Capable of spawning Stations.

This way spawning would be more confusing to new players, maybe.
But it would make Planets and even whole systems more different and
fights about planets more strategic, since taking the only Terran planet in a system would cut the other factions from spawning stations for example.

Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
Page created in 0.021022 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR