No kills today... yet.

Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
05/04/24 +5.7 Days

Search

Anniversaries

21th - Chubba

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » Developer Feedback » » encouraging smaller ships
Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
 Author encouraging smaller ships
Ravendark
Marshal
Sanity Assassins

Posted: 2011-06-15 20:38   
just another grand idea, not very tought trough but i think it has a small potential.
an enhancment that gives 'aura' like effect. something that was discussed for command class. well as any big ship can be kind of a 'commanding' vessel for any smaller ships. there could be enh that gives certain bonuses to certain call so ships.
for example, you have dread with that weird new enh, that give destroyers some % of defense or offensive power. or something. might encourage more to use different types of ships.

and one other idea just poped up few secs ago. station made completly immobile. but tractor beam could move them. lets say at max speed of 4gu, any speet above it it seriously drain out energy from towing ship. only capability would be jumpdrive.

toughts, ideas, improvments?

Deth *CO2*
Chief Marshal
Army Of Darkness

Posted: 2011-06-15 20:50   
i can find a exploit, get like 5 scouts all with defense aura's and Camp on a station , or... Unless those aura's will affect only smaller ships. then its fine.

Kenny_Naboo
Marshal
Pitch Black

Posted: 2011-06-15 21:20   

Reduce the difference in weaps levelling and I'll fly smaller ships.

Eg. If the same ruptors on a cruiser does 0.9x damage that of a dread, I'll fly a cruiser. And if the weaps on a dessie is 0.9x that of a cruiser. etc etc.

I'll simply fly Claws and zap the hell outta enemy dreads. They're cheaper to lose.

Panduh
Grand Admiral
Pitch Black

Posted: 2011-06-15 21:34   

Lrd_Hunter
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2011-06-16 04:46   
they aint going to bring back tractor beams on ships lol. back in the day people use to use tractor scots quite effectly lol. lol i remmber when i first was able to fly a dread and was sitting at a planet and cant remmber there name but they jumped in activated the tractor beam and pushed me intot he planet lol

yea that aint going to come back

Ravendark
Marshal
Sanity Assassins

Posted: 2011-06-16 05:25   
combat aura thing would be only for capital ships. scouts can have range auras or something similar. and bonuses dont stack.

and tractor thing would only work on station, and like i said, with really low speed, anything above would eat monstrosus energy, so planet pushing wouldnt work. unless you get gangbanged by tractor ships and cant blow them up un time..

Ray[OU]
Marshal

From: Some where in deep space, From another galaxy. [Origin Unknown]
Posted: 2011-06-16 09:24   
so if i undersrand correctly you want to make stations not have ability to move and for movement they have to use JD or tractor beam correct im confused in open space a station wud not move cuz it have nothing to tractor im very confused can you please explain it to me better thanks

jamesbob
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2011-06-16 09:25   
what lunacy are you raving on about now because i did not understand a word you said.

Danek Ma`arna C`arns
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2011-06-16 11:02   
I have been flying the smaller ships for a long time. The only thing we have ever seen are nerfs, nerfs, and nerfs disguised as buffs.

The EAD pilots are VERY jealous of their power, and demand that all smaller ships be unable to damage them, must fly within cl2k range to do 1%, and our ships MUST be destroyed in one cl2k alpha.

I believe that line is written in the developer handbook as rule one. It must never be broken, lest the EAD pilots cry rivers.

Email Danek Ma`arna C`arns
Krim {C?}
Marshal
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2011-06-16 11:18   
Quote:

On 2011-06-16 11:02, Carns wrote:
I have been flying the smaller ships for a long time. The only thing we have ever seen are nerfs, nerfs, and nerfs disguised as buffs.

The EAD pilots are VERY jealous of their power, and demand that all smaller ships be unable to damage them, must fly within cl2k range to do 1%, and our ships MUST be destroyed in one cl2k alpha.

I believe that line is written in the developer handbook as rule one. It must never be broken, lest the EAD pilots cry rivers.

If a Frigate goes up against a Guided missile cruiser or battleship, I wouldn't expect it to do much good. It's the reality of combat today and will be in the future.

Small ships are only useful against larger targets in groups, plain and simple, and that's how it should be.

I've been in my EAD against a single ICC Assault Frigate, if he strays into beam range, he deserves to die. But when 3 more assault frigates show up and i'm alone, forget it i'm out, not to mention 3 assault frigates and an ECM scout to help hide everyone.

GTN - Veneratio est Totus

Goto the website of Krim {C?}
CM7
Midshipman
Faster than Light

Posted: 2011-06-16 13:33   
actually.. have you seen the New New frigate layouts?

New sensor frigate has nearly the same guns as the AF + stealth systems.

You can fly at full speed, run 4 ecm and blast away with negligable energy loss and -4 everage sig...

[ This Message was edited by: Defiance*XO* on 2011-06-16 13:34 ]

Marius Falix
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2011-06-16 13:42   
under the impression every module firing greatly increases sig, by say 4-10 for each?

We are the Falix Brothers...

SpaceAdmiral
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2011-06-16 15:05   
In a game with a huge player base swarming with small ships is a viable tactic.

In a game where 30 players on at once is a rarity, every number counts and big ships are more efficient here in smaller numbers.

Admiral Kamikaze Bacon
Fleet Admiral
*Renegade Space Marines*

Posted: 2011-06-16 16:13   
+1 to the concept, and I've been thinking of it for quite a while, but I've been reluctant to bug the developers in the middle of this big Beta release. I was thinking have the Command Dread (and equivalents) be able to equip with a field effect bonus to nearby ships, so a fleet assembles, the Command Dread triggers its bonus, affecting all ships within the radius for a given time. The downside is the memory load to calculate the radius, duration, and to only temporarily change ships' stats in real time.

Ravendark
Marshal
Sanity Assassins

Posted: 2011-06-16 17:22   
Quote:

On 2011-06-16 09:24, Grand Admiral Ray [OU] wrote:
so if i undersrand correctly you want to make stations not have ability to move and for movement they have to use JD or tractor beam correct im confused in open space a station wud not move cuz it have nothing to tractor im very confused can you please explain it to me better thanks

ya i get theese mooments of "visions"
stations are immobile. only way of movement is jd or wh. since its immobile, cant go trough wh by itself. if would require engy or suppy with tractor beam to push it trough.. since its a STATion (somehow referes to stationary - makes more sense) and is somekind of base. now stations are used as super ships, even we say its a station... and using station spam tactic is OP and unfair. so why not add some more "cost" to station spamming...like making them immobile and if they want to be used in offensive purposes, they would need engry or suppy to move them, thus having at least that weak spot.

Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
Page created in 0.020047 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR