No kills today... yet.

Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
04/20/24 +16.1 Hours

Search

Anniversaries

No anniversaries today.

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » Diplomacy » » A Gentlemens agreement
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 )
 Author A Gentlemens agreement
Iwancoppa
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2011-06-24 15:11   
Quote:

On 2011-06-24 08:36, Pantheon wrote:
Repair rate will most likely be doubled due to the slow rate of repair currently. But they won't be anything near what they used to be.

god SS will be equiv of 6 supp drones. :S

or are we only talking about planetary depots

Talien
Marshal
Templar Knights

Posted: 2011-06-24 15:48   
Quote:

On 2011-06-24 14:45, Pantheon wrote:
Don't expect too much guys. We've got a lot on our books, and past fixing depots, we're not looking into any other changes regarding them this release.

Also, FYI, your ship will slowly repair in the shipyard when you're not using it.

I don't remember if docked ships repair armor or not since I generally repair to full before docking to log off so I don't have to do it during a firefight that may be happening next time I log in, but I do know shields do not recharge while docked and weapons/JD don't get filled. It also repairs hull at a rather slow rate, I've docked and gone AFK for a while then come back to see my ship was still not fully repaired.

My idea was to expand on that and have docking be a full repair service that takes maybe 20 minutes or so to repair a station to 100% condition from 1% hull/0 armor/0 shields, losing 5 minutes for each hull size lower, with ships that cost no resources to spawn being 1 minute repairs. That would give it comparable repair time for larger ships to what 1 depot+a supply ship would do while leaving players in supply ships free to repair someone else and lets you get back into the fight with another ship right away. Granted I don't know if that would be difficult to do since I'm not a programmer, but in theory it sounds simple enough at least.
[ This Message was edited by: Talien on 2011-06-24 15:55 ]

Xydes
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2011-06-25 05:39   
Not trying to be negative so don't flame me but:

ICC would love this idea because it will give them more of a headway into Luyten. As soon as they leave the Gate they meet a depot planet. And we can just sit... and smash spacebar.

Also, UGTO benefit the most from Depot Planets so when ICC try and show there presence in Luyten they have to go up against ships that will get damaged and come back in under 8 mins... So for an attacking force (Mainly ICC) fighting in Luyten would become near enough impossible seeing as they will get pushed back time and again by ships that were "Heavily Damaged" or "destroyed" and have repped back up in under 8 mins.

In Short. ICC drew the short end of the stick with Depot Planets.

-DV

Enterprise
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2011-06-25 06:54   
Quote:

On 2011-06-25 05:39, Dark Valkaryie™[501st] wrote:
Not trying to be negative so don't flame me but:

ICC would love this idea because it will give them more of a headway into Luyten. As soon as they leave the Gate they meet a depot planet. And we can just sit... and smash spacebar.

Also, UGTO benefit the most from Depot Planets so when ICC try and show there presence in Luyten they have to go up against ships that will get damaged and come back in under 8 mins... So for an attacking force (Mainly ICC) fighting in Luyten would become near enough impossible seeing as they will get pushed back time and again by ships that were "Heavily Damaged" or "destroyed" and have repped back up in under 8 mins.

In Short. ICC drew the short end of the stick with Depot Planets.

-DV

Not so fast there.

ICC get to take of a rare moment when they can now use their defensive abilities to the fullest.

ICC after this patch will have the better defenses than UGTO, simply because shields naturally recharge much faster than armor. A planet with a depot will simply give all UGTO ships in range almost as good a repair rate as shields.

If ICC flip defensive mode on, it far outstrips UGTO's ability unless they have alot of supplies. Since plat spamming will be the only real way to get alot of repair bots on one ship at a time, ICC gets the advantage of guerilla tactics.

And also, since ICC has better long range weapons, if UGTO decide to sit and camp a planet with a depot, they're putting them at a huge disadvantage. The second they leave, ICC again has better defenses.

Also considering stations will no longer be so multi-roled, station spamming for those huge repair rates allows them to be easily exploited, and ICC with long range weapons again, can use this to their advantage.

If ICC plays smart, fights until their shields hit the ground and then run to a depot planet, eroding UGTO armor like water through a canyon, they can win. Since UGTO is essentially going to lose the ablity to tank, ICC players using the right tactics can use Kluth style hit-and-run sneak attacks to hit UGTO if they don't flesh out.

By far the biggest change this makes is in the case of hull damage.

Shields and armor repair relatively quickly with a few reloads, but hull on the other hand, still takes a good while. Without these monster depot planets, the ability for ships to quickly return to battle after being severely damaged gives real meaning to every point of hull damage. Unless you have supply ships out there, you're a stitting duck.

As for plat spamming, consider that for it to rival a current depot planet you'd need to cluster 10-20 in very close proximity. Its very vulnerable and a competant scout will find it. And woe to whatever heavily damaged ships happen to be around.

This change also will incredibly affect planetary decision building, as depot spamming is currently the best option. Expect to see much more decisive battles that don't currently run on everyone trying to move ships away from a depot spammed planet. Yes, people will actually have to stop planet hugging.

All in all this single change puts ICC on a very level playing field with UGTO (though Kluth will still give them problems), and puts UGTO on the real bad end of Kluth. However since AHR has been nerfed, it may not always prove the case. We will see.

However, I do expect one thing: The control of Sagi will drastically change. Without depot planets, and by far the biggest offender being UGTO, its an excellent guess that they will have to concede a system or two for the first time, permanently, in over a year.

Time will tell if my predictions are true, but I think they will be.

-Ent

Azreal
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2011-06-25 10:44   
[quote]
On 2011-06-25 06:54, Enterprise wrote:
Quote:

Words I mostly agree with

Email Azreal   Goto the website of Azreal
The Fridge
Chief Marshal
Templar Knights

Posted: 2011-06-25 11:10   
Quote:

On 2011-06-25 06:54, Enterprise wrote:
However since AHR has been nerfed.

-Ent

Fixed, not nerfed.

CM7
Midshipman
Faster than Light

Posted: 2011-06-25 11:21   
What ent said,

I already saw this for myself. Was trying to help ugto prepare for such a hit.

It was not a noble cause howerver, you see, ICC best fights UGTO. I want to ensure there are plenty of competent UGTO to go around.

Xydes
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2011-06-26 10:37   
Get rid of Depots, Give us Cloud Bombing Back... But not so... 1337 this time.

-DV

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 )
Page created in 0.014306 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR