No kills today... yet.

Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
04/27/24 +3.6 Hours

Search

Anniversaries

No anniversaries today.

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » Developer Feedback » » [suggestion]change to station layout (or wormholes)
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
 Author [suggestion]change to station layout (or wormholes)
Talien
Marshal
Templar Knights

Posted: 2011-06-27 12:51   
More like a check that prevents it from opening if there's a planet, star, moon, or any other object within 250 GU of the spot that either end of a wormhole would occupy. WH fishing should be a viable tactic as long as you aren't dropping the other guy into something that would result in instant death.

NoBoDx
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2011-06-27 13:27   
Quote:

On 2011-06-27 07:37, Inactive-001 wrote:
k'Luth stations do not get a better HMA/WHD II (think on it. station with 1.25x more warp speed and 25~% faster recharge - is it OP?).

WHD recharge time is less than 3 mins (about 2:30 - 2:45 minutes i think). there are some problems in device recharge for people who have fps/net latency issues (dark valkaryie im laughing at you...superdread JD doesnt take 9-10 mins to recharge).
[ This Message was edited by: NoBoDx on 2011-06-27 13:28 ]

luth-ships already have a faster jumpdrive than their human counterparts (for their hit'n run tactics)

Quote:

from http://darkspace.net/index.htm?module=document.php&doc_id=23&chap_id=875&chap_name=4.1

4.1 Drive systems - Updated 22th Feb, 2010
Massive devices that make it possible for the ship to go to other places, you definitely can't do without them. Here is the list of them
4.1.1 Engines
* Stations have multiple engines spread out but are managed centrally and can be considered a single engine system.
* All charasteristics of the station drives are 5 times that of a normal drive.
(...)
4.1.2 Faster Than Light
Faster Then Light propulsions provide just what it says, a way to travel faster then light. Currently the only known application of FTP uses the Medujula Tachyon theory. With the exption of using Wormholes.

Hyper Mass Accelerator (HMA)

Faction: All
Technology: 18
Resources: 3000
Requirements: Metals
Replacements: Worm Hole Generator (Engines 3.1.3 Special)
Characteristics
Fuel: 6000 + (level * 600)
FTL Speed: 2000 Gu/s
Recharge Time: 22 seconds & 24 seconds
Energy Drain: 0.42/s & 0.5/s
Description:
The Hyper Mass Accelerator can propel large masses at near FTL speeds for inter-stellar travel.

the 22s one is problably the luth, and the 24s one is the human version
(multiplated with 5 for staions we get 110sec for luth and 120sec for human drives)

MrSparkle
Marshal

Posted: 2011-06-27 15:29   
Quote:

On 2011-06-27 12:51, Talien wrote:
More like a check that prevents it from opening if there's a planet, star, moon, or any other object within 250 GU of the spot that either end of a wormhole would occupy. WH fishing should be a viable tactic as long as you aren't dropping the other guy into something that would result in instant death.

It already checks for other objects, but having it check for ships on the near end would mean all you have to do is have a few ships surround the station and it has no chance of attempting an escape.

Ok it doesn't check for other objects quite in this way, but it does make sure you don't WH right into a planet or star.
[ This Message was edited by: General Zod on 2011-06-27 16:19 ]

Talien
Marshal
Templar Knights

Posted: 2011-06-27 16:30   
DIRECTLY on it, maybe, but when you can get a WH to exit within 100 GU of a stellar object it pretty much guarantees anything going through it is going to die. I dunno, maybe 250 GU is even too small considering the size of Stations, maybe 500 would be more like it?

And yes, that's why I said object, not ship. I see no reason a WH would have to check for a ship near either end of a WH.

MrSparkle
Marshal

Posted: 2011-06-27 17:19   
Because it would eliminate WH fishing, allowing them to be accurate and useful again.

Fattierob
Vice Admiral

Posted: 2011-06-27 17:37   
Moving faster increases the "variance" of the area the wormhole spawns in.

Personally I would like to see wormholes have a 100gu radius of appearing around the target, but a delay between linking them - so both sides are aware of the wormhole before it goes active, thus preventing the problem of fishing.

Talien
Marshal
Templar Knights

Posted: 2011-06-27 21:06   
What's wrong with WH fishing as long as it's not instagibbing someone by dropping them inside a planet, star, etc? If you're doing it to pull someone into the middle of your fleet you pretty much used your WH to kill one person. Unless they had JD charged and you don't have an Interdictor along, in which case all you did was waste your WH.

Kenny_Naboo
Marshal
Pitch Black

Posted: 2011-06-27 21:11   

Well, I think that it would be acceptable that WH placement be more inaccurate the further away you put the exit point. Don't JDs already have inherent inaccuracies depending on your ship's travelling speed?

Should work something like that. A variance of between 750 gus to 4000 gus depending on distance.

Nekatil
1st Rear Admiral
Team Germany

Posted: 2011-09-17 06:00   
Quote:

On 2011-06-24 21:11, NoBoDx wrote:
the current wormholes are usually 2000-3000 gu of the target and have a minimum range of aprox 3000gu
a station going at 3,5 gu/s would need up to 14 minutes to reach its destination using the wh

so here are my suggestions:
- change wh accuracy to be closer to the set target
- increase wh range 200.000gu aint enough ( maybe 650.000gu so you can warp from one system to anoner one
- or give both, wh and jumpdrive to stations (if possible with shared cooldowns)

oppinions?

resurrecting an old fread to make wormholes useful again (incl wish for dev-statement )

Ray[OU]
Marshal

From: Some where in deep space, From another galaxy. [Origin Unknown]
Posted: 2011-09-17 08:11   
How bout we all stop bickering and do this
1) leave WH cooldown times alone
2) increase accuracy make it to at most 500GU from its intended target
3) no fail WHs
4) remove rule of WH fishing ppl into planets cuz its pointless if your in orbit of a planet the WH will open in front of you thus any ship that enters or exits the WH will planet smash any way its stupid so wat if i accedently WH you into planet, but at least i got rid of you i think WH fishing is a tactic that should be used and if i WH you into planet or star it should not be against the rules and in that case you should make WH pin point accuracy.
That being said make WH range unlimited at expense of energy cost of course i dont agree with any negative effcts of useing a wh but the devs and all the haters out there always want a bad effect to every thing leave cool down time the same no matter what, unlimit range.
Also i see a flaw in this new map UGTO cant get to ICC territory useing gates with out being ambushed by luth and MI <-- just a side note on yet another flaw.
-GA Ray has spoken

Ravendark
Marshal
Sanity Assassins

Posted: 2011-09-17 08:33   
Quote:

Also i see a flaw in this new map UGTO cant get to ICC territory useing gates with out being ambushed by luth and MI

Thats a good thing, ray...

Xavier I. Agamemnon
Grand Admiral
Exathra Alliance Fleet

Posted: 2011-09-17 08:52   
Quote:

Also i see a flaw in this new map UGTO cant get to ICC territory useing gates with out being ambushed by luth and MI <-- just a side note on yet another flaw.
-GA Ray has spoken

good now you know what we suffered.

[ This Message was edited by: I.Agamemnon (//|CO|\\) on 2011-09-17 10:14 ]

Xavier I. Agamemnon
CD/I.C.S Spartacus
HC/I.C.S Athena
CDD/I.C.S Achilles
Leader of the Exathra Alliance Fleet.

Email Xavier I. Agamemnon   Goto the website of Xavier I. Agamemnon
Doran
Chief Marshal
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2011-09-17 09:43   
Quote:

On 2011-09-17 08:11, Grand Admiral Ray [OU] wrote:

Everything that has transpired has done so according to my design. Your friends up there on the Sanctuary Moon are walking into a trap. As is your Rebel fleet! It was I who allowed the Alliance to know the location of the shield generator. It is quite safe from your pitiful little band. An entire legion of my best troops awaits them.Oh...I'm afraid the deflector shield will be quite operational when your friends arrive.

everyone knows devs favor the ugto
everyone knows ugto are more powerful
everyone knows ugto have more players
everyone knowns it doesnt matter if ugto are forced thru a bottleneck allowing icc and kluth to doubleteam them because they can just steamroll right through it

Also i see a flaw in this new map ICC cant get to luth territory useing gates with out being ambushed by UGTO and MI
Also i see a flaw in this new map luth cant get to UGTO territory useing gates with out being ambushed by ICC and MI
Also i see a flaw in this new map MI cant get to human territory useing gates with out being ambushed by luth and ICC and UGTO

so what's the problem?

Xavier I. Agamemnon
Grand Admiral
Exathra Alliance Fleet

Posted: 2011-09-17 10:18   
Quote:

On 2011-09-17 09:43, Doran wrote:
Quote:

On 2011-09-17 08:11, Grand Admiral Ray [OU] wrote:

Also i see a flaw in this new map ICC cant get to luth territory useing gates with out being ambushed by UGTO and MI
Also i see a flaw in this new map luth cant get to UGTO territory useing gates with out being ambushed by ICC and MI
Also i see a flaw in this new map MI cant get to human territory useing gates with out being ambushed by luth and ICC and UGTO

so what's the problem?

they cant come and hit us anymore unless they go through the mi and luth thats he is complaining about.

Xavier I. Agamemnon
CD/I.C.S Spartacus
HC/I.C.S Athena
CDD/I.C.S Achilles
Leader of the Exathra Alliance Fleet.

Email Xavier I. Agamemnon   Goto the website of Xavier I. Agamemnon
[ML]RogueAvengerTTV
Marshal

Posted: 2011-09-17 10:35   
[quote]
On 2011-09-17 09:43, Doran wrote:
Quote:

*Smiles at doran owning*

Email [ML]RogueAvengerTTV
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
Page created in 0.021907 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR