No kills today... yet.

Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
05/04/24 +21.8 Minutes

Search

Anniversaries

1st - Alamode

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » Developer Feedback » » Weapon Leveling
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
 Author Weapon Leveling
Necrotic
Chief Marshal
Pitch Black

Posted: 2011-06-29 07:08   
weapon leveling is what killed the usage of small ships and mostly moved towards a preference in bigger ships. I have always disliked weapon leveling. Yes a dread supposed to do more damage but it does it through more weapons. If im in a smaller ship with the same weapon it should do the same damage.

We arent talkin about hvy cl or core weapons here we are talkin mainly about torps,cannons and cl the same weapon should do the same damage on every class of ship. I however would rather it would simply be a case of a smaller ship out flying a larger one. This is why destroyers and cruisers used to be king becuse it matters about skill not about how many guns it has. There is a big differnce between someone in a smaller ship out flying someone in a larger ship. Then the ship it self being op.

Those of us who were there know the game was far more interesting as it created more strategic tactical game play. Exactly when was the game supposed to dreadspace. Having the game reliant on dreads and stations has created a weaker player base. You have alot of people hide behind their dreads and have the ship fly for them as they never developed the skills to actually be good here.

Many of you older players probably agree with me. Weapon leveling damaged this game greatly from the dynamic combat system we had to be bunch of carebears flying around in dreads and stations with inflated egos.

Out of all the things we miss from older versions of DS. This one in my opinon is #1. It is also the most likely change to bring back to the game. Sure we enjoyed tech swapping. We enjoyed the advanced resource system. We enjoyed having planets that matter. However above all of them weapon leveling has been the biggest change from the way the combat was and is now.

No matter how hard they have tried. They havnt figured out how to nerf skill yet :P

Pantheon
Marshal
Palestar

Posted: 2011-06-29 07:37   
What a lot of you don't understand is that actual damage isn't increased all that much. We use weapon leveling more to lower the accuracy of larger ships.

Just because you associate a higher level with 'more' doesn't mean we use it that way. You may find that whilst damage only increases by maybe 1-2% per level, the accuracy of the weapon is decreased by almost double that.

Assuming - makes an ass out of you and me.

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
Page created in 0.006944 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR