- Weekly DarkSpace
04/20/24 +1.4 Days

Search

Anniversaries

20th - Bizaro
15th - *Flash*
9th - Uziel Lt. Seraph

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » Diplomacy » » Please for the love of Cheese ICC!
 Author Please for the love of Cheese ICC!
CM7
Midshipman
Faster than Light

Posted: 2011-07-01 16:20   
STOP DEPOT PLANET SPAMMING!

It dont work for us like it does for others. It makes open doors to be exploited by our enemies.

One depot planet per system is more than enough to fix broken ships. For all other repairs, Please use friendly supply ships, plats.

Got on today to find 6 planets in tau are depot planets...

"what planets should we build then MR. Defiance?"

Build Mining planets to support our SY planets.. (btw we have one too many of those too.)

Enemies capturing Mining planets does not really server strategic value as say a death star, or SY or depot, but are vitally important to us!
Furthermore, the enemy will have to loose allot of press to re-purpose the mining planet to fit in with his assault plans.

Provide closed doors for enemy.. not open invitations!

Blackjack [DBL]
Grand Admiral
Faster than Light

Posted: 2011-07-01 16:30   
When i logged in yesterday is saw Fargo Rock, Erebuni AND Tifalis we all depots in one cluster... we dont need that many.

Names I used: Da Bes Loser, Perseverance, Loyalty.

CBR{DTB}
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2011-07-01 17:42   
True. But theres not really a way to make people not make em. If people want to make depo planets we cant really force them not to. Sadly.he

Nixie
Admiral

Posted: 2011-07-01 19:47   
The depot planet hugging is getting to be a nuisance but as it was pointed out before people will continue hugging till some sort of change is made, such as the dev's making a specific limit on depots and how many are allowed in a system/planet or such. The problem i think is a monkey see monkey do sort of thing though. while i was playing as ICC (before i left to luth for various reasons) i heard a lot of chatter every now and then of the monkey see monkey do scenario. I guess the bottom line is unless either the dev's put limits on or player find some way of getting rid of the depot planets or do something more drastic and serious the hugging wont go away and in my opnion its kind of unsportsmanship like but unfortunately every time people mention something of changing the hugging they get bomb with all sorts of flamming and cusing.

Email Nixie
CM7
Midshipman
Faster than Light

Posted: 2011-07-01 20:09   
this isnt about depto hugging.

Its about ICC building open door planets for invasions into our sector.

Nixie
Admiral

Posted: 2011-07-01 21:17   
which ties into depot hugging in case u havnt noticed.

Email Nixie
Fatal Perihelion
Chief Marshal
Fatal Squadron

Posted: 2011-07-01 22:28   
Quote:

On 2011-07-01 16:20, Defiance*XO* wrote:
STOP DEPOT PLANET SPAMMING!

It dont work for us like it does for others. It makes open doors to be exploited by our enemies.

One depot planet per system is more than enough to fix broken ships. For all other repairs, Please use friendly supply ships, plats.

Got on today to find 6 planets in tau are depot planets...

"what planets should we build then MR. Defiance?"

Build Mining planets to support our SY planets.. (btw we have one too many of those too.)

Enemies capturing Mining planets does not really server strategic value as say a death star, or SY or depot, but are vitally important to us!
Furthermore, the enemy will have to loose allot of press to re-purpose the mining planet to fit in with his assault plans.

Provide closed doors for enemy.. not open invitations!

Ok it was me, i builded that triple depot at Fargo Cluster for fun, not very clever, but just after no one else cared about the destroyed planets for hours..

Imho you go to far with overrating the depots in advance for Ugto or Kluth. Planets are capped, destroyed and recapped all day.

At some point all factions needs depots.
If you only had one depot in the whole system you will weaken your faction the most, this would be the real open door to the enemy:
Just destroy the only depot where all icc dreads and stats repair in line.

If there was no depot at Fargo cluster it would take ICC redicoulisly long to get back to the battle compared to Ugto.

If you make Fargo cluster as hard as possible to capture, it will be almost as hard to recapture it.
See what i mean? It is useless to give planets too much tactical value.

-Shadowalker-™
Admiral
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2011-07-02 00:18   
Beta

- Planetary depots will now repair all ships within range, and have a 1-per-planet limit.

Email -Shadowalker-™
Squishton
Marshal

Posted: 2011-07-02 00:48   
Can't get your faction to quit depot spamming, stop cooking with cheese!

Azreal
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2011-07-02 06:00   
eh, at least depots give a planet a reason to exist at the moment. Besides a sy, there isnt much of a reason for a planet anymore. They simply still dont mean anything. And yeah, fargo and several others just sat there all tore up for a while before anyone rebuilt them.

Email Azreal   Goto the website of Azreal
Talien
Marshal
Templar Knights

Posted: 2011-07-02 12:06   
I used to build everything into shield/barracks/offense base planets because they're annoying to cap, but most often I'd log in the next day to find someone had changed them into mining/depot/SY so I stopped bothering to try fixing them. More than one mining planet shouldn't be needed outside of home clusters anyway, it takes all of 30 seconds or less (maybe 45 if you refit systems first) to spawn a ship at home, dock, then launch from wherever else.

Thernhoghas
Grand Admiral
Exathra Alliance Fleet

Posted: 2011-07-02 14:02   
You know, last time when I was at Fargo we had just driven off a K'Luth attack and I started repairing the planets.
When the last building was at 75 % the first shroom entered tau via the luyten gate. The next two were there before the building was finished.

since that I only repair planets that aren't target to neverending attacks >.>

An Fiach
Admiral

Posted: 2011-07-03 14:37   
Wow, I'm gone for two days and the universe implodes...

ICC needs to take a more offensive stance as well as not falling for those fake Luth truces. The enemy has less time to think about taking our planets if they have to be worried about holding on to theirs.

[ This Message was edited by: An Fiach on 2011-07-03 16:29 ]

DiepLuc
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2011-07-03 15:00   
ICC needs depot just like UGTO or KLuth. Don't let the shield fools ICC players. ICC just have ONE less armor in EACH side to UGTO.
If you think 2 armor layers save UGTO when they hug depot farm, no it doesn't. Armor HP is low. It's hull. And since ICC armor = UGTO standard armor, having 15+ depots on a planet is nice.

Although I admit having 3 depot planets so close is clearly a mistake in strategy, but think of planet's role, they just worth being mining/depot/sy. In general, planet is not so important that we must protect them at all cost these days.

Planet role should be changed.

Page created in 0.025219 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR