Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
05/04/24 +4.2 Days

Search

Anniversaries

22th - Tellaris
17th - Oskar von Reuenthal

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » English (General) » » I was wondering.....
Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
 Author I was wondering.....
CBR{DTB}
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2011-07-03 21:08   
I was looking for a new computer ,since my old one isnt doing so well, if this computer would handle ds?

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/HP+-+Laptop+/+AMD+E-Series+Processor+/+15.6%22+Display+/+3GB+Memory+/+320GB+Hard+Drive+-+Charcoal+Gray/2660188.p?id=1218342637618&skuId=2660188

apate
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2011-07-03 21:11   
I'm running DS on a five year old HP (3GB, dual core 1.6GHz, no graphics card) with only moderate lag, that laptop looks about the same specs.

Email apate
CBR{DTB}
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2011-07-03 21:40   
Alright thanks!

BackSlash
Marshal
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2011-07-03 21:41   
Unfortunately, I don't believe anyone playing DarkSpace has ever had the chance to play it on an APU-based laptop (they're only a few months old). If anyone has experience with an AMD E-series based laptop, your feedback would be appreciated.

You'll be taking a chance, and the 1.6Ghz speed is a tad slow. However, I don't think many 1.6Ghz laptops come with a Radeon 6310, so I have no idea how it'll fare.

[ This Message was edited by: BackSlash on 2011-07-03 21:41 ]

CBR{DTB}
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2011-07-03 22:00   
I dont know much about computers, if i buy this computer can i upgrade the processor?

{FALLEN^ANGEL}
Marshal

Posted: 2011-07-03 23:03   
im runing DS in a dell XPS 15 with dual core i5 and 420m graphic card and the cores have two threads each and DS runs with half a core at full graphics

apate
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2011-07-03 23:21   
Upgrading the processor might prove fairly difficult (but not impossible) for a laptop, HOWEVER, I've played several games (CSS, DS, Oblivion (With pretty crappy lag, but still, it ran) and portal) with only a dual at 1.66GHz, and 3 gigs ram. You're not going to be playing crysis anytime soon with a laptop like that, but it will play a majority of low-key games (Like darkspace) with little lag (Medium settings for modern games, high settings for older games (like darkspace)), and browse / work / watch movies, etc with no lag.

However, I would highly recommend NOT buying from bestbuy... They consistently have higher prices then almost all other stores that i've price checked with. A good place to check would be http://www.newegg.com (Recommended to me by a nerdy friend of mine.)

Email apate
BackSlash
Marshal
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2011-07-03 23:40   
Quote:

On 2011-07-03 23:21, Athenian General (CO) wrote:
Upgrading the processor might prove fairly difficult (but not impossible) for a laptop, HOWEVER, I've played several games (CSS, DS, Oblivion (With pretty crappy lag, but still, it ran) and portal) with only a dual at 1.66GHz, and 3 gigs ram. You're not going to be playing crysis anytime soon with a laptop like that, but it will play a majority of low-key games (Like darkspace) with little lag (Medium settings for modern games, high settings for older games (like darkspace)), and browse / work / watch movies, etc with no lag.

However, I would highly recommend NOT buying from bestbuy... They consistently have higher prices then almost all other stores that i've price checked with. A good place to check would be http://www.newegg.com (Recommended to me by a nerdy friend of mine.)

Actually, I think you'll find the AMD E-series APU can run Crysis just fine (albiet on low settings). It hasn't got the largest grunt a CPU can have, but it's got the best intergrated GPU you can get - bar none.

JBud
Marshal

Posted: 2011-07-04 00:28   
Yeah, it will run fine, but why? It may be an HP, but it's an AMD... Plus it's only a 1.6ghz, plus, you only have 3GB of ram on that thing. That PC is not built for performance, it is built for battery life.

One more problem: It's a laptop. You don't buy laptops for gaming, you build desktops for gaming.

If you do go with a laptop, go to HP direct and order one with a core i5 gen2 and radeon hd graphics 5000 series or better. Customizing your laptop is the best way to go.

Here: I customized a good build about a week ago, under a grand: http://www.shopping.hp.com/webapp/shopping/load_configuration.do?destination=review&config_id=6486498
[ This Message was edited by: JBud on 2011-07-04 00:35 ]

Email JBud   Goto the website of JBud
JBud
Marshal

Posted: 2011-07-04 00:31   
Quote:

On 2011-07-03 23:40, BackSlash wrote:
Quote:

but it's got the best intergrated GPU you can get - bar none.

naw, the 6850m is better.

Pegasus
Grand Admiral
Pitch Black

Posted: 2011-07-04 02:24   
Quote:

On 2011-07-04 00:28, JBud wrote:

One more problem: It's a laptop. You don't buy laptops for gaming, you build desktops for gaming.

True words spoken here. +1

Pantheon
Marshal
Palestar

Posted: 2011-07-04 07:00   
Quote:

On 2011-07-04 00:31, JBud wrote:
Quote:

Quote:

That's not intergrated. Thats a dedicated mobile GPU. The 6310 is actually ON the CPU.

JBud
Marshal

Posted: 2011-07-04 10:21   
Quote:

On 2011-07-04 07:00, Pantheon wrote:
Quote:

On 2011-07-04 00:31, JBud wrote:
Quote:

Quote:

That's not intergrated. Thats a dedicated mobile GPU. The 6310 is actually ON the CPU.

touché

CBR{DTB}
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2011-07-04 10:45   
What do you think of the dell inspiron 1501?

CBR{DTB}
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2011-07-04 11:02   
And would the amd-v series be any better?
Or maybe this

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16834157449
[small][ This Message was edited by: C Brian on 2011-07-04 12:36 ][/small

http://www.shopping.hp.com/webapp/shopping/computer_can_series.do?storeName=computer_store&category=notebooks&a1=Category&v1=Everyday+computing&series_name=g6t_series&jumpid=in_R329_prodexp/hhoslp/psg/notebooks/Everyday_computing/g6t_series

And im not really gonna play any other games other than ds i need the comp for work.

Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
Page created in 0.021006 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR