Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
05/04/24 +4.2 Days

Search

Anniversaries

22th - Tellaris
17th - Oskar von Reuenthal

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » English (General) » » UGTO kicked out of Sagitarrius
Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
 Author UGTO kicked out of Sagitarrius
Knightfall
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2011-07-04 03:02   
The 3rd and 4th of July are great days for the ICC, as the UGTO have been pushed back into there homesystems, losing all 3 of there systems in Sagitarrius, and many ships.

Just curious, but when was the last time ICC was able to do this?

Kenny_Naboo
Marshal
Pitch Black

Posted: 2011-07-04 03:17   

"Today we celebrate our Independence Day!"
- Some prez dude from ID4

CM7
Midshipman
Faster than Light

Posted: 2011-07-04 03:48   
Congrats. Wish i could have been there

SPaRTaN Z
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2011-07-04 05:38   
woot something to do,. about time ;P

CM7
Midshipman
Faster than Light

Posted: 2011-07-04 05:53   
during my time on icc (my entire time in this game about) I’ve always seen major offensives pulled off by ICC. I only slightly remember Kluth at one time making a major push into UGTO home server, yet ICC pushed UGTO and KLUTH back to their home servers and beyond many many times.

Times ICC has been pushed from sag and deep into their home server since ive been here?

0. Zero.

Im just glad SOMEone out there took initiative beyond making press. Battle lines being re-drawn is no small task, and breathes breaths of fresh air into the game.

Alas I am speaking from past experience. I wont soil ICCs victory any further with tails of past transgressions. I was not there, and as you weren’t either, Let us put our speculations aside and applaud ICC for a fine victory!

Hail ICC!

[ This Message was edited by: Mersenne Twister on 2011-07-05 15:14 ]

Ravendark
Marshal
Sanity Assassins

Posted: 2011-07-04 06:14   
i remember one day i loged in and icc was out of sag. all kluth. i was kinda disapointed, why was that neccesary? why kicking out icc wich are already getting pounded all the time. i felt sorry for you guys. i always tend to assist icc or at least not engage them.

but now that is all behind me, you have flint and i just have to shoot you
i bet he was a spearhead of your invasion

Crim
Fleet Admiral
Sundered Weimeriners

Posted: 2011-07-04 06:52   
I can attest that no one was on UGTO during the bulk of this, although I did try once to slow them down, but sadly a single ship against the eight or nine at the time didn't really cause much a problem.

Hats off to their wondeful accomplishment of capturing planets without anyone to stop them.

Enterprise
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2011-07-04 07:03   
Hey look, a familar trend.

One faction at exactly the right time during the month gets more people on that it usually does (10-20).

Goes after UGTO who, the second they see this giant armada, usually log after getting killed a few times.

UGTO gets all their planets capped.

Someone posts about how awesome their faction is.

UGTO captures back all its systems in half a day and nobody cares.

-Ent

Jabberwocky
Chief Marshal
Pitch Black

Posted: 2011-07-04 07:13   
I agree with Ent.

Keep it. Then you can brag!

Crim
Fleet Admiral
Sundered Weimeriners

Posted: 2011-07-04 07:25   
You young guys have no idea what it would take to capture every planet in the MV.

Back then it took weeks at a time to push through things, you had to have a fleet battle over every planet. And when the other faction had no shipyards, they'd spawn from the gate in scouts and frigates to keep going at the enemy to try and save their planets. I once held off the ICC from capturing the last four planets UGTO had for five hours by myself once in nothing but a Carrier Dread until someone showed up to help out, then again you could fighter spam people until they lagged out.

Enterprise
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2011-07-04 07:46   
Quote:

On 2011-07-04 07:25, Crim, the OG Crim wrote:
You young guys have no idea what it would take to capture every planet in the MV.

Back then it took weeks at a time to push through things, you had to have a fleet battle over every planet. And when the other faction had no shipyards, they'd spawn from the gate in scouts and frigates to keep going at the enemy to try and save their planets. I once held off the ICC from capturing the last four planets UGTO had for five hours by myself once in nothing but a Carrier Dread until someone showed up to help out, then again you could fighter spam people until they lagged out.

Yes, back when lagging out was a strategy, and fighter spam made missile spam look like confetti. And thats not even counting how much stonger planets were then...

That being said, planets these days hold little meaning, and UGTO have held the same three systems for the past year or so. The day I log on and see Kluth or ICC hold R33 or Luyten for more than half a day - no - for a week, then I will congratulate you. You've accomplished nothing. Winning a war isn't about taking a few planets and then giving it back. Winning is not just taking a planet but keeping it.

And thats something ICC or Kluth cannot do.

-Ent

An Fiach
Admiral

Posted: 2011-07-04 08:21   
Crim, there were plenty of people on UGTO, they just logged out because they were slaughtered, not that I blame them as Sundays are ICCs largest turnout.

Jimbob, why would there be less UGTO than any other faction just because of the holiday weekend? Are only UGTO Americans patriots? Are all DS players Americans? No.

It is exciting because it changes the landscape, if only temporarily, in this stale battle. The truth is, none of the factions can hold planets right now, there just aren't enough players covering all of the timezones. There is also the K'Luth factor and they switch sides every five minutes if there aren't enough Luth on to go on the offensive themselves. Even then, one of the human factions is then outnumbered and outgunned.

Really the pettiness here is saddening. Any time anyone posts a brag thread about something they think is an accomplishment, they get jumped and torn down. Guess what, the game isn't the same as it used to be so comparing it to the past is pointless. Like it or not, this game is dead. If you want to see it revitalized, mocking players, especially those relatively new or unaware of the game's history, is not the way to do it. There is competitive trash talk, then there is this. Keep it in perspective, we are all better than this.

Admiral Kamikaze Bacon
Fleet Admiral
*Renegade Space Marines*

Posted: 2011-07-04 08:42   
I find that every time someone pushes UGTO back into the Earth server, they then brag about it, and then that same day, UGTO recaptures everything that was taken to begin with, because now, the goal is very clearly stated: get it back. Good luck defending it, now!

apate
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2011-07-04 10:26   
Quote:

On 2011-07-04 08:21, An Fiach wrote:
Crim, there were plenty of people on UGTO, they just logged out because they were slaughtered, not that I blame them as Sundays are ICCs largest turnout.

Jimbob, why would there be less UGTO than any other faction just because of the holiday weekend? Are only UGTO Americans patriots? Are all DS players Americans? No.

It is exciting because it changes the landscape, if only temporarily, in this stale battle. The truth is, none of the factions can hold planets right now, there just aren't enough players covering all of the timezones. There is also the K'Luth factor and they switch sides every five minutes if there aren't enough Luth on to go on the offensive themselves. Even then, one of the human factions is then outnumbered and outgunned.

Really the pettiness here is saddening. Any time anyone posts a brag thread about something they think is an accomplishment, they get jumped and torn down. Guess what, the game isn't the same as it used to be so comparing it to the past is pointless. Like it or not, this game is dead. If you want to see it revitalized, mocking players, especially those relatively new or unaware of the game's history, is not the way to do it. There is competitive trash talk, then there is this. Keep it in perspective, we are all better than this.

Amen.

Email apate
Thernhoghas
Grand Admiral
Exathra Alliance Fleet

Posted: 2011-07-04 13:09   
Quote:

On 2011-07-04 08:21, An Fiach wrote:

Like it or not, this game is dead.

This game isn't dead yet as long as people are still playing it >:(

don't say/write such things please. It only discourages people. This game will die if people keep comparing it to what it was in the past,

so STOP IT. THE PAST IS GONE!!

Look forward. Do your best to make DS a better game. Make it have a better future.

Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
Page created in 0.019776 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR