Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
05/04/24 +4.2 Days

Search

Anniversaries

22th - Tellaris
17th - Oskar von Reuenthal

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » English (General) » » UGTO kicked out of Sagitarrius
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
 Author UGTO kicked out of Sagitarrius
Ray[OU]
Marshal

From: Some where in deep space, From another galaxy. [Origin Unknown]
Posted: 2011-07-04 14:42   
UGTO has been pushed back (that i had part in) 3 times since i been playin im only counting the 3 times that iv been apart of it yes it is good that icc finally have numbers to do somthing but heres a suggestion that i always give and no one ever listens to me it wud be easyer to take a bomber and bomb off the enemy faction shipyards and tech then push into there systems with no ship yards it will be eayser to take cuz itll take them longer to get back to battle area i say this all the time but no one listens maby some one will agree with me and next time when theres is UGTO on and icc have numbers icc send a few bomber frigs out to take out shipyards while rest of fleet engages in battle when shipyards destroyed then have a dictor at enemy home gate and a fewq combat ships so when ugto come thro 1) they cant jump 2 ) they will be killed when they come to sag when this is in place take other planets you shud be fine tho this sounds good on paper it hasnt been tested cuz no one ever listens to me and thus has not been tested -Grand Admiral Ray has spoken

Fatal Perihelion
Chief Marshal
Fatal Squadron

Posted: 2011-07-04 15:26   
I have done that a lot lately, i even camped Lacerta gate after all SYs were killed, it was mean and bad, killing engies at spawn, just hope they will never do it to us *cough*.

I only did that because UGTO is so big in numbers of planets/systems.

At some point you have to think about if you really want to bore them away with bombing or if you will run out of enemys ( ;

It is not that RSM could not bomb us away every day if they wanted..
They have a great power with their chain of command if enough RSM are on.

Died~2000~Deaths[+R]*CC*
Chief Marshal
Army Of Darkness

Posted: 2011-07-04 17:38   
Dont letem get you down. Ne time some kick's out a faction from its home system it's allways an acomplishment and you will allways have haters y because they didn't do it. Gratz on kicking uggies outof there home system.

Died~2000~Deaths[+R]™

Email Died~2000~Deaths[+R]*CC*
Rebellion
Marshal
Faster than Light

Posted: 2011-07-04 20:38   
i was involved, and i could write forever about how you guys need to lighten up but i wont.

and An Fiach summed it up quite well save a few points.

\"War does not decide who is right, but who is left\"
\"I stopped fighting my inner demons we're on the same side now\"

*Flash*
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2011-07-05 03:11   
Gratz. ICC must be very happy having you Jedi.

Email *Flash*
Knightfall
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2011-07-05 13:59   
Quote:

On 2011-07-05 03:11, Flash. wrote:
Gratz. ICC must be very happy having you Jedi.

Actually, I was referring to ALL the players that ICC has gained over the past week, not just myself. Besides, ICC loves to have players that dont log off when they aren't winning. Although I have to thank RSM for that, if you guys would have put up half a fight we might have stopped at Cinci, or just razed it and kept Luyten.

An Fiach
Admiral

Posted: 2011-07-05 14:35   
While Abomination fails at trash talk at least he stayed and fought, even if it was a depot planet. He didn't just log off.

Don't be too hard on Henry, if I was new and the faction I joined all logged off at the first sign of adversity, I'd switch sides too. Not everyone likes the challenge of being the underdog, no one likes siding with quitters.

Azreal
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2011-07-05 17:42   
ugto was in Cass, milking their cookies. Not like there weren't any there. Its not a big deal when one faction takes an unpopulated faction's planets. Its just not some remarkable feat of arms and strategy. I congradulate your desire to break the stale cycle of the last year and a half, but I cant say much more than that.

I have been pushed out many times, have pushed other factions out at leastas many if not more times. I've seen the mv stay green for a week, nobody wanting to try to retake anything. Used to be there was a reset after 24 hrs. That was a pain, so now they say "earn it back". TBH, that right there pretty much took away ANY reason for me to consider running a faction out anymore.

I'm a true capitalist. What is my self interest in driving out the enemy? None. So... I'm not a fan of it.

Only plus I saw was that for a change, we weren't fighting in the same couple thousand gu space on either side of the Luy gate. THAT was nice.
But alas, we all know it wont last. (I haven't looked yet, just logged in, and for all I know, ICC may be sans sag rocks now. I still wont care. Sue me)

Email Azreal   Goto the website of Azreal
CM7
Midshipman
Faster than Light

Posted: 2011-07-05 17:58   
to that i say, whats the point in this game if not to advance?

Your right, there is no merrit in doing so. Only bragging rights. Dont snuff out an entire new generations ambitions by Crapping on their parade.

Im glad someone has ambition. Let them revel in it.

in a few days UGTO will post up a "hah! we took it back you suck!" and ICC/Kluth will take the challange, and try to push them out again. Players bringing meaning to the game. (kinda like what Wolf was goign for about 1.6 years ago with the fleet meetings)
[ This Message was edited by: Defiance*XO* on 2011-07-05 18:00 ]

Kenny_Naboo
Marshal
Pitch Black

Posted: 2011-07-07 23:26   
This is actually a syndrome unique only to ICC players it seems

Earlier when I was on, IQQ was busy retaking Fargo from Kluth, so I decided to sneak in for some opportunity kills. After bagging a coupla their ships and leading them on a merry chase around the cluster, one of their player starts trash talking and tells me "I planned the attack on Fargo".

LOL..... "I planned the attack on Fargo"

LOL. Just like "I planned the attack on Luyten", "I planned the attack on Sol", etc etc etc. Seems that IQQ likes planning a lot, and then bragging about it later.

Srsly, who cares who planned it, or if it was even planned at all? It was an empty, undefended cluster. Anyone could've rounded up some AIs and done the same. Without planning.

[ This Message was edited by: Kenny_Naboo[+R] on 2011-07-07 23:42 ]

CM7
Midshipman
Faster than Light

Posted: 2011-07-08 01:06   
Counter Point

Perhaps less trolllalala from you and more pew pew.

Kenny_Naboo
Marshal
Pitch Black

Posted: 2011-07-08 02:05   
Quote:

On 2011-07-08 01:06, Defiance*XO* wrote:
Counter Point

Perhaps less trolllalala from you and more pew pew.

LOL. It did begin with pew pew Unfortunately one of your little friends got a bit upset after my lonesome self ninja-killed two of their buddies and tried to trashtalk me, telling me about ICC "plans" and "manuevers" LOL.

I should've copied the chat log. It would make good entertainment.

Ravendark
Marshal
Sanity Assassins

Posted: 2011-07-08 06:38   
Quote:

On 2011-07-04 08:21, An Fiach wrote:

Like it or not, this game is dead.

whooaaa... game is dead? you have no soul, you breathe fire and fart pure evil, how can you say that??? there is an armada of DS junkies! i cant live without it anymore. i dream sag! i have no internet over the week i am in "deep pain". if game dies i will go selfdestruct. looking forward for fresh dose of 1.67 stuff. i miss you all and your poor social communication and understanding capabilities

[ This Message was edited by: Doran on 2011-07-08 08:55 ]

MrSparkle
Marshal

Posted: 2011-07-08 12:47   
Quote:

On 2011-07-04 07:46, Enterprise wrote:
Yes, back when lagging out was a strategy, and fighter spam made missile spam look like confetti. And thats not even counting how much stonger planets were then...

That being said, planets these days hold little meaning, and UGTO have held the same three systems for the past year or so. The day I log on and see Kluth or ICC hold R33 or Luyten for more than half a day - no - for a week, then I will congratulate you. You've accomplished nothing. Winning a war isn't about taking a few planets and then giving it back. Winning is not just taking a planet but keeping it.

And thats something ICC or Kluth cannot do.

-Ent

Yep it's impossible unless you have the numbers to maintain a sizeable presence 24 hours a day.

No faction has those numbers, and UGTO and Kluth seem to have different playing times. I've seen Kluth recently go on massive capping sprees late in to the night EST, I log off, and next morning - just a few hours later - I log on before work to see what happened and sure enough UGTO has capped everything back.

It's just how it is. The only reason any faction holds on to it's systems, or caps them back quickly, is because they play at times when there's no enemy presence.

Lark of Serenity
Grand Admiral
Raven Warriors

Posted: 2011-07-08 14:15   
more awesome win condition: capturing all of UGTO space =D

@ defiance: wrong! when I took Raven to kluth we had a foothold in the ICC home system for a week or so. ICC has also been pushed out a few times by UGTO and kluth attacks, weve definitely had to cap tau using home constellation resources.

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
Page created in 0.022004 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR