- Weekly DarkSpace
04/20/24 +20.4 Hours

Search

Anniversaries

20th - Bizaro
15th - *Flash*
9th - Uziel Lt. Seraph

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » Beta Testing Discussion » » 1.670 Stations
Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
 Author 1.670 Stations
CM7
Midshipman
Faster than Light

Posted: 2011-07-18 01:06   
Testing the Hive, (kluth SS)

It has;

1-AHR
1-reload drone bay
1-damage controle
1-AOE repair field.

The reload drones relaoded the AHR and the Damage controles stock.

I went from 43% hull to 100% in less than 3 minutes with ahr, damage controle, reload drones, and AOE field going.

Also have suspision that repair fields are visible and work even when cloaked. I was unable to test this theory as of yet.
[ This Message was edited by: Defiance*XO* on 2011-07-18 01:24 ]

MarineKingPrime
Marshal
Exathra Alliance Fleet

Posted: 2011-07-18 01:27   
3 minutes is pretty ridiculous.

CM7
Midshipman
Faster than Light

Posted: 2011-07-18 01:38   
just an oversight im sure.

SpaceAdmiral
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2011-07-18 01:47   
Whats damage control?

Fattierob
Vice Admiral

Posted: 2011-07-18 01:55   
Quote:

On 2011-07-18 01:47, SpaceAdmiral wrote:
Whats damage control?

as per the dev log:

-Stations have lost one reload which has been replaced by an AHR-esque gadget named "Damage Control". This will repair the station and it's gadgets when the station is damaged.

[ This Message was edited by: Major Rob on 2011-07-18 01:55 ]

Kenny_Naboo
Marshal
Pitch Black

Posted: 2011-07-18 02:23   
Quote:

On 2011-07-18 01:27, Chef Boyardee's Hamburger Assassin wrote:

Agreed.
If that's the case, then we're back to square one with immortal stations.

It should take a LOOOOOOoooooooooong time for stations to rep themselves, and even with a depot or another station assisting it, it shouldn't be 3 mins. 2 dreads pouring fire at a station should outstrip any kind of repairs being done to it.

CM7
Midshipman
Faster than Light

Posted: 2011-07-18 05:47   
new AOE repair graphic.

Animate it so that every other ring rotates opposite of each other and make it thinner. about 1/2 its current thickness.

Also increase the transparency

This would make it feel more like a tactical overlay on a hud.

Pantheon
Marshal
Palestar

Posted: 2011-07-18 06:26   
The AOE field doesn't repair the parent ship. The K'Luth stations are the only ones that can repair this quickly due to their dual AHR. We feel this was acceptable considering their rather weak status.

Enterprise
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2011-07-18 07:12   
Quote:

On 2011-07-18 02:23, Kenny_Naboo[+R] wrote:
Quote:

On 2011-07-18 01:27, Chef Boyardee's Hamburger Assassin wrote:

Agreed.
If that's the case, then we're back to square one with immortal stations.

It should take a LOOOOOOoooooooooong time for stations to rep themselves, and even with a depot or another station assisting it, it shouldn't be 3 mins. 2 dreads pouring fire at a station should outstrip any kind of repairs being done to it.

Two dreads pouring fire into a station will outstrip it.

Something to keep in mind is that Dreadnaughts in particular do a tremendous amount of damage now, and the kind of repair rate that was seen before was still far faster than this.

Also to keep in mind is the fact that hull is not the same as armor.

One of the biggest issues that is currently faced in release is how incredibly powerful ships get not because of how fast hull repairs, but because of armor. Because reload capabilities towards armor have been vastly nerfed, the potential for "hull tanking" is impossible, and even armor tanking requires very special circumstances.

Some points to keep in mind:

Damage Control only affects hull. AHR only affects hull. AoE repair fields get diminishing effects the more people in the field. The only constant are reload drones in which supply ships now have more of.

Which means any kind of tanking is hard, even if you group a ton of stations together you only make them weaker after a certain threshold. Not to mention only supply versions have them, and that their combat capabilities are very limited.

What this altogether does is transform Stations from being tanking platforms, to being more along the lines of support platforms.

I would strongly suggest testing to see how long a Station lasts against a few dreads before jumping to conclusions. Hint: Its not pretty for the station.

-Ent

Azreal
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2011-07-18 07:42   
Tested yesterday.

ICC SS.

I used all def power enhancements. I used the 2x repair. I had a combat supply. I had 30 supply plats, and was in range to stack 3 depots at once. Used reactives and aux gens, alternating with def mode.

Basically, I tried to see what a solo stat could pull off. How close to the current depot mess we have. I figured the ICC SS to be probably the most abusable stat of them all with the new setup, so that's why I chose it.

It wasn't comparable to what we see in mv now, as far as survivablility in the MV - with one exception. The new 1/4 arc armor. Stats for ICC currently use a single armor wrap, preventing the ability to "rotate" armor. In 1.67 they have been brought in line with other stations, and divided the arcs into quarters.

Had two dreads work me over at once. A Krill and a EAD (I think it was). They outran the repping of all of that. by the time I rotated the forth time, I went boom. Basically, when they got thru to hull, the hull rate reps were so slow, that it was over very fast at that point.

And that is with a very specific, special setup that won't be found in MV in too many places.

Also, again, add one ship to the repairs being done, and immediately that stat begins to recieve less supply love.

I don't know how the Luthy stats are because I haven't tested them yet. But to be honest, I figured going in yesterday I was going to make one of those dreads throw the keyboard across the room. Yeah, not so much. I walked away feeling much better about the setup, and even more so about the direction of the ICC faction. I encourage everyone to get in, stress it, test it, and see what they think.

Email Azreal   Goto the website of Azreal
CM7
Midshipman
Faster than Light

Posted: 2011-07-18 08:02   
what i think about it.

I think if you put me in a Hive, there is no single ship in DS (aside from a node) that can even remotely begin to take me down.

This stems from reload drones reloading the ammo of AHR and DC(damage controle)

In release AHR is good for maby one full rep of hull, then you have to find a planet or platform to refill it.

with Reload drones, AHR, and DC the hive can tank several hundred times over its hull HP.

Cloaking device ensures that the station can hide between engagements until fully repaired by AHR and DC.

Combine this with the nearly 100% chance that its missiles wont be shot down befor hitting target, and the fact that these stealth missiles have nearly the same damage output (within 75% i believe) as harpex missiles, and you can see what kind of monster this weapon platform really is.

I dont truely have a problem with the layout as of yet. But im leaning twords wanting AHR and DC not to be reloadable by reload drones or the AOE repair field.
[ This Message was edited by: Defiance*XO* on 2011-07-18 08:14 ]

Enterprise
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2011-07-18 08:06   
Quote:

On 2011-07-18 08:02, Defiance*XO* wrote:
what i think about it.

I think if you put me in a Hive, there is no single ship in DS (aside from a node) that can even remotely begin to take me down.

If you feel this is the case, I would be happy to load a Hive with defense enhancements in the Beta server and let you and another dread give it its best shot.

-Ent

Pantheon
Marshal
Palestar

Posted: 2011-07-18 08:19   
I discovered a bug with repairs compared to release that I fixed, starting with AHR. Gadgets are now no-longer repaired by depots or AHR at the same rate, and so armour will not be repaired instantly the moment you waltz near a depot.

CM7
Midshipman
Faster than Light

Posted: 2011-07-18 08:33   
i hadent noticed that bug...

And my observations on the Hive stemm from 2 combat tests i did with it.
Ill be focusing more on ICC stuff, so any other pilot out there willing to test the Hive, id like to hear more points of view on it.

Another point id like to put forth about the shroud missiles on the Hive; They have a ~200gu minimum firing range. This dont leave much room to nestel a ship into to effectivly counter the Hive. (though they will miss anything smaller than a dread at that range).

[ This Message was edited by: Defiance*XO* on 2011-07-18 08:59 ]

Tommas [ USF HunnyBunny ]
Chief Marshal
Pitch Black

Posted: 2011-07-18 09:19   
Defiance, have u tried puttin some eccm on to see what happens to the cloaked missiles?

Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
Page created in 0.019758 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR