Combat Kills

Combat kills in last 24 hours:
No kills today... yet.

Upcoming Events

Search

Anniversaries

21th - Sir Oblivion {C?}

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » Soap Box » » Space Shuttle Atlantis's final Return to Earth
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
 Author Space Shuttle Atlantis's final Return to Earth
CM7
Midshipman
Faster than Light

Posted: 2011-07-22 10:24   
first, the cost to buy a ticket on a rusky ship is far cheaper than launching our own rocket.

second, i believe the human race will outlive this planet... but not if we dont go after that final frontier.

Id have to say that our advancing knowledge towards a life outside of this world transcends king and country in importance.

I just wish we as a people could come together as a whole and work on the problem at hand void of borders, religion, and personal agendas. One day, the survival of our race will depend on this.

Yes, were trillions of dollars in debt. Yes that probably means a radical change in living conditions is on the horizon, yes, it will be scairy.

I still wake up every day and know how Rich i am in the face of the world just because i do live here.

I live in a four bedroom brick house with a two car garage. Between me and my roomate we have 4 cars. We eat 3 times a day. We have runing water, lights, climate controle, and internet. We live better than 95% of the world, yet people here would call us poor.

Its the constant "i want more" attitude that had us as a nation reaching beyond our means. So yes, we are falling now. Dont worry the bottom is in sight. Dont worry, when we finaly do hit the bottom, this ol girl (America) will get back up and plant feet on solid foundation again.
No maby we wont be the leading world power. We as a people will be stronger though, once we rise from the fall.

[ This Message was edited by: *XO*Defiance on 2011-07-22 10:26 ]

jimjimjaroo
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2011-07-22 10:30   
Quote:

On 2011-07-22 10:24, *XO*Defiance wrote:
first, the cost to buy a ticket on a rusky ship is far cheaper than launching our own rocket.

second, i believe the human race will outlive this planet... but not if we dont go after that final frontier.

Id have to say that our advancing knowledge towards a life outside of this world transcends king and country in importance.

I just wish we as a people could come together as a whole and work on the problem at hand void of borders, religion, and personal agendas. One day, the survival of our race will depend on this.

Yes, were trillions of dollars in debt. Yes that probably means a radical change in living conditions is on the horizon, yes, it will be scairy.

I still wake up every day and know how Rich i am in the face of the world just because i do live here.

I live in a four bedroom brick house with a two car garage. Between me and my roomate we have 4 cars. We eat 3 times a day. We have runing water, lights, climate controle, and internet. We live better than 95% of the world, yet people here would call us poor.

Its the constant "i want more" attitude that had us as a nation reaching beyond our means. So yes, we are falling now. Dont worry the bottom is in sight. Dont worry, when we finaly do hit the bottom, this ol girl (America) will get back up and plant feet on solid foundation again.
No maby we wont be the leading world power. We as a people will be stronger though, once we rise from the fall.

oh ok i thought i would just point out that america has financial problems and has nothing to buy with(talking about the government here) and yet america still spends money on what it doesnt need.i agree with you though.
[ This Message was edited by: jimjim578 on 2011-07-22 10:31 ]

Sops
Marshal
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2011-07-22 10:36   
Yep, Europe is financially stable and has no excess spending... oh wait.

What was your point exactly?

jimjimjaroo
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2011-07-22 11:01   
Quote:

On 2011-07-22 10:36, Sops wrote:

the USA was in debt and had no spending money and yet they still spend on pointless things(you know what i mean by pointless).

The Fridge
Chief Marshal
Templar Knights

Posted: 2011-07-22 11:14   
Quote:

On 2011-07-22 11:01, jimjim578 wrote:
Quote:

On 2011-07-22 10:36, Sops wrote:

the USA was in debt and had no spending money and yet they still spend on pointless things(you know what i mean by pointless).

The Superbowl?

Sops
Marshal
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2011-07-22 11:15   
There are a lot of other things I would cut out of the budget before I would touch NASA. So are you calling NASA a waste or are you just generally bitching about the US budget? Because the latter does not belong here.

Doran
Chief Marshal
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2011-07-22 11:46   
this got off topic real fast. you go back on topic now and i dont rearrange your organs.

Panduh
Grand Admiral
Pitch Black

Posted: 2011-07-22 12:15   
Quote:

On 2011-07-22 11:15, Sops wrote:
There are a lot of other things I would cut out of the budget before I would touch NASA. So are you calling NASA a waste or are you just generally bitching about the US budget? Because the latter does not belong here.

-Nice picture from of earth from space
-Spaceflight video
-Defiance lives under a rock.
-Russian bus tickets
-Ares rockets
-Economy-class spaceflights (sweet!)
-omigad the usa is conspiracy for make money coporation11
-Defiance dislikes taxes.
-Americans are in debt
-Defiance knows that the United States of America must soon lift the north American continent off into space in search of newer worlds to colonize, thus, escaping its trillions of dollars of debt. The radical usage of coupons and proper money management is, after all, too intimidating and scary a prospect.
-Europe confused.
-jimjim578 would like to point out that money can be spent.
-American football must burn!
-"Hey, wait, guys, NASA has been a legitimate scientific endeavor for quite some time now and is furthermore not necessarily related to or necessary to relate to the US economic crisis."

you guys are rapidly spiraling down a perpetuating cycle of self-trolling
can we please talk about NASA now?

jimjimjaroo
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2011-07-22 13:13   
Quote:

On 2011-07-22 11:15, Sops wrote:

i'll finish the "off topic" business right here. im complaining about the US budget.
now to be on topic, i think the pics is great. are there any more pics like this(too lazy to search them) because it would be a shame if there wasn't.

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
Page created in 0.025078 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR