- Weekly DarkSpace
04/20/24 +1.1 Days

Search

Anniversaries

20th - Bizaro
15th - *Flash*
9th - Uziel Lt. Seraph

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » English (General) » » 1.670
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 Next Page )
 Author 1.670
Enterprise
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2011-07-24 19:31   
Long battles aren't a bad thing. But we have to remember that its up to us to decide an engagement. If we decide to hold back and missle spam instead of launching into the fray, then whose fault is it? Nothing is holding you back.

And believe me, battles start ending very quickly that way.

-Ent

Borgie
Chief Marshal
Pitch Black

Posted: 2011-07-24 19:40   
Quote:

On 2011-07-24 14:55, Talien wrote:
So a bug with AHR was fixed, I suppose that's going to make some Kluth players complain like some UGTO players complain about depots being reworked.

i guess i have to put it in terms that you all can understand that bug as you put it was like the luth cloaks bug, pinging is a side effect of the sig based cloak. that bug was left in and be came a "feature". now ahr reapring luth armor wasn't a major issue it still took several minutes to go from 0% armor to 100% on a damage arc. now on a damage arc it takes up up to 10 mins to fully repair that armor. i personally would care so much if my factions armor wasn't so weak. while i agree that luth ships have the highest damage output there should be draw backs, and there are higher energy drain softer armor. But in the state we are now i get 1 alpha from a ship of similar class and im hulled on that arc, normally you would either you cloak, turn and let a fresh arc take the damage while getting outta beam range on your target. now here is my problem, i will have extreemly fast hull regen(10% every minute) but i have little to no armor regen, so after that attack run im no longer in the fight i have to return to a depot or plat field.

now that change to the AHR no longer repairing armor may seem like a balance issue to yall, but to us it forces us to play just like icc or ugto. i dunno about yall but if i wanted to fly icc or ugto i would play either one of those factions.

Email Borgie
Borgie
Chief Marshal
Pitch Black

Posted: 2011-07-24 19:47   
Quote:

On 2011-07-24 17:18, Azreal wrote:
Complaints on AHR are just plain misplaced. I'm sorry, but they are.

Back before .483, there was NO organic armor period, and AHR ONLY repped hull. It is called Automated Hull Repair device...the use is in the name. Somewhere that was changed, and doing so made Luth much less of a hit and run faction. I played 'Luth for years before that change, and for two years after. I'm glad they changed it, and I hope they stick to it.

I'm seeing the ICC fight in better fleet mockups, I see lots of dreads and stats for UGTO and K'Luth...I know this may sound like a stretch....but perhaps you have to...dare I say it to the 'Luth...ADAPT.

And missle spam will happen. Its up to the wise to find the right ways to counter it. In a week, everyone will be complaining that missles are worthless, because it turns out me in my scout with a few pulse beams and eccm can completely negate ugto stats worth of missles.

But then, maybe that's just me.

Adapt or die.

we all know how az adapts he crys like a little school girl and swaps factions when people stop blindly following him in die.

and again in 483 luth were just gimped, between beacons awful armor and low player base. 1.67 has seen the return of the luth nerfs, subtle but they're there.

Email Borgie
Died~2000~Deaths[+R]*CC*
Chief Marshal
Army Of Darkness

Posted: 2011-07-24 20:38   
Quote:

On 2011-07-24 17:18, Azreal wrote:
Complaints on AHR are just plain misplaced. I'm sorry, but they are.

Back before .483, there was NO organic armor period, and AHR ONLY repped hull. It is called Automated Hull Repair device...the use is in the name. Somewhere that was changed, and doing so made Luth much less of a hit and run faction. I played 'Luth for years before that change, and for two years after. I'm glad they changed it, and I hope they stick to it.

I'm seeing the ICC fight in better fleet mockups, I see lots of dreads and stats for UGTO and K'Luth...I know this may sound like a stretch....but perhaps you have to...dare I say it to the 'Luth...ADAPT.

And missle spam will happen. Its up to the wise to find the right ways to counter it. In a week, everyone will be complaining that missles are worthless, because it turns out me in my scout with a few pulse beams and eccm can completely negate ugto stats worth of missles.

But then, maybe that's just me.

Adapt or die.

hmm realy never new that and been playing for a couple of years. So the eccm got buffed from it's norm, to 600-800 gu is this right? If you remember the eccm was made so it raised our sigs makeing it harder to kloak and unkloak. then it could lock on to a kloaked ship the devs said o its a mistake that will be fixed, well it never was and we were told adapt to it and cloak sooner. Well now it gets buffed. So were suppose to be close ranged combat but are being forced to play at medium and long ranges now becase our armour is worse now power use is terrible ( and yes i know how to fire meh weapons without alphaing all the time) and now no armour repaire wow are ya'll trying to get players to quit kluth so you can make them ai. And beside nurfing the kluth what have ya'll buffed hmmm nothing i,m guessing. So no armour repaire, 1 more si but power consumption is more, eccm been buffed but our ships have no counter to this ,the ecm hase been removed from some of our ship so now we cant counter the eccm. I see the newer players trying kluth and going o wow they can kloak but every thing else sux. the only ppl that will probly play and stay in kluth are those that know how play kluth and are die hard kluthies. So in the future if there are no changes to the kluth besides nerfing them I wanna be the first to congradulate all on killng off the kluth. Been playing for 2 years straight and every update and patch have nerfed the kluth to some point. O and 1 more question how come there are no modarators for kluth but there is for ugto and icc. So ne mods or devs play kluth if not how do u know what to buff or nerf besides what ppl say.

Died~2000~Deaths[+R]*CO*

[ This Message was edited by: Died~2000~Deaths[+R]*CO* on 2011-07-24 20:43 ]

Email Died~2000~Deaths[+R]*CC*
Talien
Marshal
Templar Knights

Posted: 2011-07-24 20:55   
EW was removed from many ships across all factions, not just for Kluth. ECM/ECCM range was also reduced quite a while ago, making it harder to find cloaked luth.

DubStep Santa
Marshal

Posted: 2011-07-24 21:45   
i got nothing to really say, cause i know the devs don't care what a few people say. I have been playing this game for years and thats how its always been.

NUTS

Email DubStep Santa
CM7
Midshipman
Faster than Light

Posted: 2011-07-24 22:13   
why are all you kluth guys comming out of the woodwork after release trying to say your stuff stinks....

Where TH were you when it was in beta?

WTH did you not test!??

ADmiraLMaXimus (Bringer of Doom)
Chief Marshal
Praetorian Wolves

Chatting in 'DarkSpace English'

Posted: 2011-07-24 22:18   
I originally thought that organic armor repaired itself independently of AHR
if not then it should. and perhaps if its so easy to tear through organic armor then maybey the armor should repair a lot faster but the hull slower.

I see a lot of posts that ICC is buffed more than the other factions but ...
I see twice the number of ICC players on at one time than both UGTO and Kluth combined. That may be why so many non ICC players feel this way.

im sure when the numbers balance out one faction will end up being dominant anyway.

About 2 years ago kluth dominated by taking almost all the servers. afterwards UGTO dominated by aquiring most of central system and keeping the choice planets that gave them the prez most of the main UGTO players got.

Now maybe it looks like its ICC's turn to be the stronger faction.

Not by having super strong UGTO armor that repairs just as fast as kluth armor but is 3 times stronger. but by having a lot more players on along with a few game wide ship changes that require a strategic configuration of ships depending on what the goal for the faction is at any given time.

When I was Kluth I remeber a lot of things the kluth had to adapt to.
and we did adapt to many things. like the cloak timer reduced projectile range getting pinged while cloaked but when I was kluth I remember what 99% of the kluth players then would do when we got nerfed.
WE ADAPTED....

When I played as UGTO 4 years ago I remeber not having to really adapt to much at all.... it was as if the game was made for that faction.

and as ICC well I remeber the 25% shield buff and every non ICC player complained and they got nerfed instead other faction players ADAPTING.

I say fix bugs as they come, but dont start changing new elements of the game that just got added until at least the Kluth, (who I know will adapt and overcome as they always do) give the new changes more time.
And the UGTO may have to do something new and use some kind of stragedy in game

but well see what hapens........

[ This Message was edited by: ADmiraLMaXimus (Bringer of Doom) on 2011-07-24 22:21 ]

Email ADmiraLMaXimus (Bringer of Doom)
Azreal
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2011-07-24 22:20   
Quote:

On 2011-07-24 19:47, Borgie wrote:

we all know how az adapts he crys like a little school girl and swaps factions when people stop blindly following him in die.

and again in 483 luth were just gimped, between beacons awful armor and low player base. 1.67 has seen the return of the luth nerfs, subtle but they're there.

Wait. So....your response to a set of facts, was a personal attack?

And I said PRIOR to .483. That means NOT .483. Your reference to nerfs that I would agree with as being such is puzzling.

One thought I like is that Organic would rep slowly, naturaly (w/o a # cost), but only when cloaked.

[ This Message was edited by: Azreal on 2011-07-24 22:22 ]

Email Azreal   Goto the website of Azreal
Borgie
Chief Marshal
Pitch Black

Posted: 2011-07-24 22:21   
Quote:

On 2011-07-24 22:13, *XO*Defiance wrote:
why are all you kluth guys comming out of the woodwork after release trying to say your stuff stinks....

WTH did you not test!??

we were in beta, and the responce for the staff was F off these are te changes, adapt. now we are even more annoyed with the staff.

Email Borgie
Borgie
Chief Marshal
Pitch Black

Posted: 2011-07-24 22:26   
Quote:

On 2011-07-24 22:20, Azreal wrote:
Quote:

On 2011-07-24 19:47, Borgie wrote:

Wait. So....your response to a set of facts, was a personal attack?

And I said PRIOR to .483. That means NOT .483. Your reference to nerfs that I would agree with as being such is puzzling.

One thought I like is that Organic would rep slowly, naturaly (w/o a # cost), but only when cloaked.

[ This Message was edited by: Azreal on 2011-07-24 22:22 ]

im sorry dude your head is so far up jacks ass that you can't see past that. since you haven't spent any time on luth lately you really don;t understand what the changes did to our overall effectiveness. but in the end even with these nerfs kluth players are still a major threat to icc and ugto just based on our team work, something yall lack i might add.

also in 483, the old AHR was discribed as system that auto repairs hull and armor, granted it didn;t do that.

Email Borgie
Silent Threat { Vier }
Marshal
Anarchy's End

Posted: 2011-07-24 22:32   
Quote:

On 2011-07-24 22:13, *XO*Defiance wrote:

WTH did you not test!??

As K'luth, I'm not sure what's up with this myself, Defiance. None of us on END have any problem with this new version. Sure our defence is weaker but the boost in our offence more than makes up for it in my opinion. Just play smart and make your attacks count. If your energy is gone simply cloak up for a bit, don't just keep on firing when you're dry.

Tonight we got more kills than we have in a long time because of that greater firepower. Our targets simply often can't get away in time.

CM7
Midshipman
Faster than Light

Posted: 2011-07-24 23:11   
Yea you Vier guys rocked tonight

was a plesure fighting against you.

I hope to see you guys in game more often

Talien
Marshal
Templar Knights

Posted: 2011-07-24 23:21   
Quote:

On 2011-07-24 22:32, Silent Threat { Vier } wrote:

As K'luth, I'm not sure what's up with this myself, Defiance. None of us on END have any problem with this new version. Sure our defence is weaker but the boost in our offence more than makes up for it in my opinion. Just play smart and make your attacks count. If your energy is gone simply cloak up for a bit, don't just keep on firing when you're dry.

Tonight we got more kills than we have in a long time because of that greater firepower. Our targets simply often can't get away in time.

Yes, I noticed you three were working closely together instead of off on your own like a lot of the other Kluth were tonight. Should be a hint to the rest.

MarineKingPrime
Marshal
Exathra Alliance Fleet

Posted: 2011-07-24 23:35   
7 krills = 1 shot any dread.

very scary.
[ This Message was edited by: darksmaster923 (3IC) on 2011-07-25 00:34 ]

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 Next Page )
Page created in 0.021917 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR