No kills today... yet.

Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
04/20/24 +4.1 Days

Search

Anniversaries

1st - almand

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » English (General) » » Latency and other issues with 1.670
 Author Latency and other issues with 1.670
Pantheon
Marshal
Palestar

Posted: 2011-07-25 11:54   
We've discovered an issue that could potentially be ruining quite a few players game experience, and we'll hotfix this tonight, however in the meantime, please do the following to make sure you're not effected:

1) Launch DarkSpace Setup.
2) Go to the Options tab.
3) Tick "Enable Multi-Core"
4) Hit OK.
5) Repeat steps 1 and 2.
6) Untick "Enable Multi-Core"
7) Hit OK.

For some currently unexplained reason (we haven't touched that part of the engine since we added this feature, so quite why it's rearing its head now is a mystery), Multi-Core is being stealth enabled on some clients.

Our Multi-Core implimentation only works on processors that don't do Out-Of-Order-Processing. This means that if it receives two commands, it won't process them backwards, or in a random order. This is absolutely imperetive to DarkSpace, as if anything is processed out of order, you start to get major sync issues. So if you're seeing missiles disapear, or planets not be targettable, or your chat taking forever to load - try this first.

Died~2000~Deaths[+R]*CC*
Chief Marshal
Army Of Darkness

Posted: 2011-07-25 18:26   
Since I dont have mulitcore ne sugestions. I have installed a new graphics card a couple of weeks ago b4 the new releases. So eerything was doing better alil lag not much but when the new 1.670 came out it was fine the first day then i started to get massive lag/dsync or something after that not sure y ne ideas. HLP.

Died~2000~Deaths[+R]*CO*

Email Died~2000~Deaths[+R]*CC*
SPaRTaN Z
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2011-07-26 11:30   
Did you try the instructions anyway,.? apparently Multi core was being "stealth" enabled, meaning some widget sneaks onto your computer in the middle of the night and ticks Enable multicore. Then with his digital eraser, erases the tick. Blasted!

Kenny_Naboo
Marshal
Pitch Black

Posted: 2011-07-26 14:45   

Already did what Jack suggested.

Still getting massive lag spikes from time to time. It may be due to the number of players on, or the number of missiles/mines being tracked. I dunno.

When your chat takes 20 secs to appear onscreen, or if your ship doesn't cloak/decloak for up to 10 secs after you hit V, you'll know that something's wrong. Alt-P will prob show a 3000ms ping, and for some, a 5-figure number.

Thernhoghas
Grand Admiral
Exathra Alliance Fleet

Posted: 2011-07-26 16:10   
Quote:

On 2011-07-26 14:45, Kenny_Naboo[+R] wrote:
3000ms ping, and for some, a 5-figure number.

amateurs;

back when Boomshot, pawnerZ and me were still lagging, lags of 200000 ms were nothing

[ This Message was edited by: Thernhoghas on 2011-07-26 16:11 ]

BackSlash
Marshal
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2011-07-26 17:58   
Quote:

Still getting massive lag spikes from time to time. It may be due to the number of players on, or the number of missiles/mines being tracked. I dunno.

When your chat takes 20 secs to appear onscreen, or if your ship doesn't cloak/decloak for up to 10 secs after you hit V, you'll know that something's wrong. Alt-P will prob show a 3000ms ping, and for some, a 5-figure number.

The servers are functioning absolutely fine. Please check when running DarkSpace, in the task manager, that DarkSpace is set ONLY to run one one core, and one core only. What you are describing is exactly the issue people had when MC was enabled.
[ This Message was edited by: BackSlash on 2011-07-26 17:59 ]

*FTL*Soulless
Marshal

Posted: 2011-07-26 18:16   
done and done..still getting all that. Heck DS runs better for me when i use multi core

Email *FTL*Soulless
Tael
2nd Rear Admiral
Palestar

Posted: 2011-07-26 18:29   
Quote:

On 2011-07-26 11:30, SPaRTaN Z wrote:
Did you try the instructions anyway,.? apparently Multi core was being "stealth" enabled, meaning some widget sneaks onto your computer in the middle of the night and ticks Enable multicore. Then with his digital eraser, erases the tick. Blasted!

Shig must of let the Gaifens out again...

Email Tael
Kenny_Naboo
Marshal
Pitch Black

Posted: 2011-07-26 22:53   
Quote:

On 2011-07-26 17:58, BackSlash wrote:
Quote:

The servers are functioning absolutely fine. Please check when running DarkSpace, in the task manager, that DarkSpace is set ONLY to run one one core, and one core only. What you are describing is exactly the issue people had when MC was enabled.
[ This Message was edited by: BackSlash on 2011-07-26 17:59 ]

Will do that when I get back later.

BTW, I never implied it was a server issue. If it isn't my PC or the server, then it may be the internet connection somewhere in between. I know my performance with other online games are pretty OK. But then again the servers are in different location.

Page created in 0.015844 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR