No kills today... yet.

Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
05/04/24 Now

Search

Anniversaries

1st - Alamode

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » Developer Feedback » » [suggestion] K'luth energy
Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
 Author [suggestion] K'luth energy
Panduh
Grand Admiral
Pitch Black

Posted: 2011-07-26 00:49   
For K'luth energy issues...How about a device limited to certain types of ships, that does:

for any energy or psionic (yes, psionic) weapon, beam, projectile, or otherwise, that hits armor or hull (or maybe just armor or maybe just hull), the k'luth ship gains a small amount of energy.

also, a device that works like a drone bay except it transfers energy from the host ship to the targetted ship. Utility supply ships unite!

-Shadowalker-™
Admiral
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2011-07-26 03:59   
Quote:

On 2011-07-26 00:49, Panduh wrote:
... beam ... , that hits armor or hull (or maybe just armor or maybe just hull), the k'luth ship gains a small amount of energy.

elf beam, already in there

Email -Shadowalker-™
Kenny_Naboo
Marshal
Pitch Black

Posted: 2011-07-26 06:49   

Energy drain is definitely a tad high for Kluth weaps.
Needs to be tweaked down slightly and tested again.

Right now I run out of energy before I get hulled badly to run. ie. I e-jump out because I've run out of energy, and not because of damage! And that's in an MV where weaps damage has been significantly increase!

I wasn't even using alphas. I was timing my shots between weap types to maintain a continuous stream.

Gejaheline
Fleet Admiral
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2011-07-26 07:20   
I don't suppose that anyone's considered that K'luth's damage-dealing abilities are hideously front-loaded, and that they run out of energy quickly because they're meant to deal huge amounts of damage very quickly (which costs lots of energy) and then fall back to recharge?

Lockerd
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2011-07-26 07:45   
Quote:

On 2011-07-26 07:20, Gejaheline wrote:
I don't suppose that anyone's considered that K'luth's damage-dealing abilities are hideously front-loaded, and that they run out of energy quickly because they're meant to deal huge amounts of damage very quickly (which costs lots of energy) and then fall back to recharge?

I considered it and I adapted to it.

NoBoDx
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2011-07-26 08:16   
who need energy, when everyone else is dead already ?

Panduh
Grand Admiral
Pitch Black

Posted: 2011-07-26 09:34   
I wasn't very clear in my post, I meant that K'luth ships gain energy when hit by certain things or something.

But I'll agree, that's uneccessary.

However, what about ship to ship energy transfers (between same-faction ships, obviously)?

[ This Message was edited by: Panduh on 2011-07-26 09:35 ]

Kenny_Naboo
Marshal
Pitch Black

Posted: 2011-07-26 12:22   
Quote:

On 2011-07-26 07:20, Gejaheline wrote:

Everyone's damage dealing abilities have gone up. All beams do more hurt now. I'm using my weaps the same way before the patch, and I run out of energy way before that.

What's the point of doing more damage if you run out of batts much much earlier?

Eg. I previously dealt 12 pts of damage per shot, but i could fire 10 times. Now I can do 15 dmg per shot, but I can only shoot 6 times.

NoBoDx
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2011-07-26 12:32   
bigger batteries coulkd help

Talien
Marshal
Templar Knights

Posted: 2011-07-26 12:33   
From my own tests in beta I'd have to agree, kluth energy management vs damage done is worse now than it was before overall. Cannons can fire pretty much forever without running you dry as long as you're not going full speed, but SI and beams are much less efficient.

Quote:

On 2011-07-26 03:59, -Shadowalker-™ wrote:

elf beam, already in there

ELF are useless, try them yourself and see.

Princess Celestia
Marshal

Posted: 2011-07-26 12:55   
when in combat the ELF beams will not even gain energy because your disruptors eat it up as quickly as you can steal it and generate it. and yes energy transfer is already there if you fire ELF beams at a freindly you still gain energy also if its dred and above it wount lose energy

Veronw
Marshal

Posted: 2011-07-26 13:44   
[/quote]

Everyone's damage dealing abilities have gone up. All beams do more hurt now. I'm using my weaps the same way before the patch, and I run out of energy way before that.

What's the point of doing more damage if you run out of batts much much earlier?

Eg. I previously dealt 12 pts of damage per shot, but i could fire 10 times. Now I can do 15 dmg per shot, but I can only shoot 6 times.

[/quote]

If kluth gained a larger energy pool they would be able to stay in combat longer, no? Seeing as kluth, from what i have seen, consists solely of krills, that can one shot dreads, I dont see any problems what so ever with kluth having massive energy isuses. Its a nice tradeoff.

Kenny_Naboo
Marshal
Pitch Black

Posted: 2011-07-26 14:42   
Quote:

On 2011-07-26 13:44, Veronw wrote:

If kluth gained a larger energy pool they would be able to stay in combat longer, no? Seeing as kluth, from what i have seen, consists solely of krills, that can one shot dreads, I dont see any problems what so ever with kluth having massive energy isuses. Its a nice tradeoff.

Negative.

Krills currently can't finish the job if the other dread is shooting back. In fact, I've found that I run out of energy faster than I run out of hull, even when moderating fire.

SIs first. (range), then cannons. I use the beams sparsely.

We know that core weap drain has gone up. Anyway, the Krill isn't so much the issue. I usually keep at med range and space out my shots.

It's the Siphon that's the problem. An assault dread that can't keep up the assault. It's almost pointless, really. The Mandi is a better all around ship now.

Azure Prower
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2011-07-26 16:41   
Quote:

On 2011-07-26 12:33, Talien wrote:
ELF are useless, try them yourself and see.

I agree with this statement. Want to trade the ELFs for an extra aux on my siphon please.

Infernal Torment
2nd Rear Admiral

Posted: 2011-07-26 18:16   
Quote:

On 2011-07-26 14:42, Kenny_Naboo[+R] wrote:
Quote:

On 2011-07-26 13:44, Veronw wrote:

Negative.

Krills currently can't finish the job if the other dread is shooting back. In fact, I've found that I run out of energy faster than I run out of hull, even when moderating fire.

SIs first. (range), then cannons. I use the beams sparsely.

We know that core weap drain has gone up. Anyway, the Krill isn't so much the issue. I usually keep at med range and space out my shots.

It's the Siphon that's the problem. An assault dread that can't keep up the assault. It's almost pointless, really. The Mandi is a better all around ship now.

Ya gonna have to disagree with u there Kenny, krills can definately finish the job unless they are outnumbered 3 to 1. I have been on the receiving end of 8 SIs and it aint anything to b laughing at.
[ This Message was edited by: Infernal Torment on 2011-07-26 18:17 ]

Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
Page created in 0.023935 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR