No kills today... yet.

Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
05/04/24 Now

Search

Anniversaries

1st - Alamode

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » Developer Feedback » » [suggestion] K'luth energy
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
 Author [suggestion] K'luth energy
Azreal
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2011-07-26 19:36   
in one beta test, 4 Siphon's Elf beams drained a BD down to 19 energy in one volley ....

Now, Im not sure how much it returns to the host, but it sure as hell DOES drain....

Email Azreal   Goto the website of Azreal
CM7
Midshipman
Faster than Light

Posted: 2011-07-26 20:03   
Multi Core was shadow enabled in 670. Its safe to say the problem existed in the 670 beta before it was released.

Everyone who had trouble out of elf were probably having that trouble due to the MC.

MarineKingPrime
Marshal
Exathra Alliance Fleet

Posted: 2011-07-26 20:28   
Quote:
The Mandi is a better all around ship now.

isn't it how it's supposed to be? i would expect that the primary combat ship have better combat endurance than the siphon

Kenny_Naboo
Marshal
Pitch Black

Posted: 2011-07-26 22:27   
Quote:

On 2011-07-26 18:16, Infernal Torment wrote:

Ya gonna have to disagree with u there Kenny, krills can definately finish the job unless they are outnumbered 3 to 1. I have been on the receiving end of 8 SIs and it aint anything to b laughing at.

What ship were you in? And what state (hull + armor) were you in?

CM7
Midshipman
Faster than Light

Posted: 2011-07-26 22:37   
kenny.. ive taken a alpha from a krill in a AD, CD, and BC.

all three times blows right through all defenses even rotating and does hull damage. (one exeption being the AD nose.)

Kenny_Naboo
Marshal
Pitch Black

Posted: 2011-07-26 22:43   
Quote:

On 2011-07-26 20:28, darksmaster923 (3IC) wrote:
Quote:
The Mandi is a better all around ship now.

isn't it how it's supposed to be? i would expect that the primary combat ship have better combat endurance than the siphon

What I meant was that the Mandi has a better chance of getting the job done than the Siphon. It can pelt from afar, and it can do the assault job nicely too.

The Siph might have more burst firepower, but it does not have the batteries to finish the job. A Mandible is more likely to see it to the end because it deal out more damage before it runs dry.

So in the end, it can't really be considered an assault ship if it can't take down another dread to zero from full health, can it? Like the parasite, the Siph is more of a "finisher" beam ship .... used more to hunt damaged or weaker foes, which in the last version, was the Mandi's role.

Kenny_Naboo
Marshal
Pitch Black

Posted: 2011-07-26 22:48   
Quote:

On 2011-07-26 22:37, *XO*Defiance wrote:
kenny.. ive taken a alpha from a krill in a AD, CD, and BC.

all three times blows right through all defenses even rotating and does hull damage. (one exeption being the AD nose.)

So does the Siphon. But like I said, it doesn't have the energy to finish the job. But to me, the Krill is not that critical as it has always been a fire support dread. It fits into a sort of "machine gunner" role, which is to provide heavy fire support for the other dreads who're fighting closer in.

I guess the point of this is to consider a slight reduction in core weaps and beam usage across the board. Something like 10% or so. Then test it out.

CM7
Midshipman
Faster than Light

Posted: 2011-07-26 22:51   
I am really not seeing a problem with kluth fighting.

they steamroll everything they come across..

no they cannot one V one anyone... but are they really ment to?

One ship fires alone and wipes out any defenses you have on one arc. The only defense against kluth damage output, is not to get hit in the first place.

Very few ships can achieve this...

in short, same number and simular class icc vs kluth ships, is a even, heartpounding fight. Reducing our shields.. or increasing your fire efficiancy will throw off this balance.
[ This Message was edited by: *XO*Defiance on 2011-07-26 22:57 ]

Fattierob
Vice Admiral

Posted: 2011-07-26 23:03   
Quote:

On 2011-07-26 12:22, Kenny_Naboo[+R] wrote:
What's the point of doing more damage if you run out of batts much much earlier?

Eg. I previously dealt 12 pts of damage per shot, but i could fire 10 times. Now I can do 15 dmg per shot, but I can only shoot 6 times.

Hit and run tactics. you hit harder and now need to run harder.

Silent Threat { Vier }
Marshal
Anarchy's End

Posted: 2011-07-26 23:18   
As K'luth If you run out of energy before killing your first target...well, you shouldn't be fighting by yourself anyway if possible.
As Defiance said, I always thought that K'luth were not ment to win 1 vrs 1 against a human ship of the same class if it's at full health. Sure its possible if the enemy is modded wrong or just plain does something stupid.
We are supposed to hunt in packs. If one Siphon runs out of energy before finishing off it's target, try hitting your target with 2, or 3...or 4 ; )

Kenny_Naboo
Marshal
Pitch Black

Posted: 2011-07-26 23:43   
Quote:

On 2011-07-26 22:51, *XO*Defiance wrote:
I am really not seeing a problem with kluth fighting.

they steamroll everything they come across..

no they cannot one V one anyone... but are they really ment to?

One ship fires alone and wipes out any defenses you have on one arc. The only defense against kluth damage output, is not to get hit in the first place.

Very few ships can achieve this...

The EAD is another ship that will eat through your defences in one shot.
Also, don't forget that any one of your dreads will eat through Kluth defences in a single shot.

That's the trade off for us: Less armor, more damage. You hull us in a shot, we hull you in a shot. All things being equal, energy drain should not be too far apart between ruptors/CLs, and SIs/ICs and QSTs.

Also.. Yep, we steamrolled everyone because we outnumbered them yesterday. Also because you pulled cruisers while we were exclusively dread (which is another matter: weak Kluth cruisers). Well, this could happen to any faction. UGTO or ICC included.

CM7
Midshipman
Faster than Light

Posted: 2011-07-27 00:41   
Quote:

On 2011-07-26 23:43, Kenny_Naboo[+R] wrote:
The EAD is another ship that will eat through your defences in one shot.
Also, don't forget that any one of your dreads will eat through Kluth defences in a single shot.

That's the trade off for us: Less armor, more damage. You hull us in a shot, we hull you in a shot. All things being equal, energy drain should not be too far apart between ruptors/CLs, and SIs/ICs and QSTs.

Also.. Yep, we steamrolled everyone because we outnumbered them yesterday. Also because you pulled cruisers while we were exclusively dread (which is another matter: weak Kluth cruisers). Well, this could happen to any faction. UGTO or ICC included.

Seeing how we were outnumbered 2/1, yes we pulled cruisers... Would have been a slaughter if we didn’t, and results would have still been the same. (k’luth victory).

There is a number of k’luth dreads that can be on the field that when exceeded, cannot be matched by a equal number of human dreads.
That number is Seven. If you have seven krills/siphons on the field and we have seven AD/CD the odds are in your favor. When this magic number is exceeded, we have no choice but to think outside the box.
I only wish there was a way we could force other factions to think outside the box like we have to.

Both UGTO and K’luth get to troll around in their dreads and stats, and ICC is forced to adapt and use diversified fleets in order to do the same job a bunch of bucks in pwnzer ships are doing.

Increasing your combat potential through energy or weapons buffs will only see the magic number lowered further, and further solidify your reliance on dreadnaughts.

Don’t mistaken my words here for complaints. I am actually really liking seeing k’luth back in force. Reminds me of the first six months of my DS life. K’luth are a challenge, and will make us stronger because there is a challenge. They are not being Cheap. They are not winning through exploitation of broke mechanics. They are winning through teamwork. They present a rare challenge for icc, that if we rise to meet, will make us all better at everything as pilots for the Confederate Navy.

[ This Message was edited by: *XO*Defiance on 2011-07-27 00:53 ]

Infernal Torment
2nd Rear Admiral

Posted: 2011-07-27 01:29   
Quote:

On 2011-07-26 23:03, Fattierob wrote:
Quote:

On 2011-07-26 12:22, Kenny_Naboo[+R] wrote:
What's the point of doing more damage if you run out of batts much much earlier?

Eg. I previously dealt 12 pts of damage per shot, but i could fire 10 times. Now I can do 15 dmg per shot, but I can only shoot 6 times.

Hit and run tactics. you hit harder and now need to run harder.

Kenny just bc u cant blow up another dread b4 he has the chance to turn around does not mean kluth need a buff. Use cloak, its there for more than ambushing, disengage, then reengage when back in a advantagious position. Really not that hard, and try not to blow all your energy.

CM7
Midshipman
Faster than Light

Posted: 2011-07-27 01:39   
^^
says the captain of two days to the marshal

[ This Message was edited by: *XO*Defiance on 2011-07-27 01:40 ]

Kenny_Naboo
Marshal
Pitch Black

Posted: 2011-07-27 01:47   
Well, I think I've pretty much said what I wanted to put across. I'm not asking for any huge buff. Just a slight tweak in energy consumption.

Having said that, I'll adapt even if things remain as they are. In fact I've already adapted, judging from the number of player kills . I guess I just hate not being able to STAY in the fight as long as I would like to.

Prob just takes some getting used to seeing my energy go before my hull. LOL.

[ This Message was edited by: Kenny_Naboo[+R] on 2011-07-27 01:50 ]

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
Page created in 0.024152 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR