No kills today... yet.

Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
03/30/24 +1.3 Days

Search

Anniversaries

21th - Doran

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » Tactics & New Players » » understanding planet changes to star ports and planet resorces
Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
 Author understanding planet changes to star ports and planet resorces
thebold
Grand Admiral
Pitch Black

Posted: 2011-07-29 12:57   
Ok here are a bnch of questions i do not understand about the game:

I pick up 50k of resource at planet 1, and go to planet 2 with a shipyard and dump it ontop of the ship yard. No additional res is added to the current planet res pool (why); essentially how do you go about building a ship these days, if you can not mine your own res and put it on the planet...

Since i have yet to sucsesfully build a ship how does one know if and when its ready from the queue and if its even in build?

I am very confused by these game mechanics; i am used to a game where you just get on and do it for yourself but it doesnt seem that way any more?
[ This Message was edited by: thebold on 2011-07-29 12:58 ]

Azreal
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2011-07-29 13:17   
the res u drop on the planet may take time to show up. Its there, but there is an issue with updating that is being looked at.

When u have finished a ship, you should get a message stating that your ship is now ready and in the shipyard.

One way to see the res on the planet after a drop is to jump like 10K away and then look back at the planet. You will see the res updated.

Hope this helps

Email Azreal   Goto the website of Azreal
thebold
Grand Admiral
Pitch Black

Posted: 2011-07-29 13:22   
hey man long time hows things?

Cheers for that I see.. Can I also assume that to build a dread you need a planet that can hold 160k+ res like it used to aswell?

Talien
Marshal
Templar Knights

Posted: 2011-07-29 13:29   
Not exactly, you can build a ship even if a planet has 0 resources but it will not be completed and moved into your garage until enough resources are dropped onto the planet, the downside is if someone else has a ship in the build que ahead of you any resources you drop will go toward their ship instead of yours.

But on the upside, it also means any ship can be built on any planet with a SY, regardless of the maximum resource capacity. You can build a Station on a Barren that only holds 50k resources and still be able to complete building it after dropping the rest of the resources off. Of course, there's currently no way to check progress on ships being built, and if you select a new ship on the same planet before your current one is finished it replaces it in the que.

Subtilizer
Grand Admiral
Faster than Light

Posted: 2011-07-29 13:32   
Quote:

On 2011-07-29 13:29, Talien wrote:
Not exactly, you can build a ship even if a planet has 0 resources but it will not be completed and moved into your garage until enough resources are dropped onto the planet, the downside is if someone else has a ship in the build que ahead of you any resources you drop will go toward their ship instead of yours.

But on the upside, it also means any ship can be built on any planet with a SY, regardless of the maximum resource capacity. You can build a Station on a Barren that only holds 50k resources and still be able to complete building it after dropping the rest of the resources off. Of course, there's currently no way to check progress on ships being built, and if you select a new ship on the same planet before your current one is finished it replaces it in the que.

Actually i think it is spread between every ship in the queue so 10 ships in a queue and you drop 50k 5k to each , at least its what i remember

Scorched Soul[+R]
Marshal
Pitch Black

Posted: 2011-07-29 21:45   
also If you are trying to build a ship and dropping resources onto the plantet to do so then the resources will not go above 10k which is the reserve amount left for building and swapping devices. anything above the 10k reserve will go directly to any ships in the build que so it may appear that the resource arent reaching the planet when they have actually aready been used.

Email Scorched Soul[+R]
thebold
Grand Admiral
Pitch Black

Posted: 2011-07-30 05:55   
i have discovered a quick fix to the resource bug; if you f3 a random planet then return back to your planet you will find the res has updated.

Demigan
Vice Admiral

Posted: 2011-10-08 12:35   
I'm confused, how and when can you build ships in shipyards? I was under the impression that all you have to do is select a planet with shipyard and enough resources to build the ship, and you got it.

Yours sincerely,
Demigan.

Nekatil
1st Rear Admiral
Team Germany

Posted: 2011-10-08 13:31   
when the planet have a sy and the required tech, you can order any ship on that planet
(planets dont even need metal anymore)

if the planet doesnt have enough ressources, the ship will be added to a queue and any ressources avaible above 10.000 will be used for planed ships

if you drop any ressources on the planet, they'll be also used for those ships

when the required amount have been used, you get a message that you ship is done and you'll find it in your garage
when there are no additional planed ships, the ressources will be added to the planet as normal

afaik you can only order one ship, and ordering another one will cancel your last order
[ This Message was edited by: Nekatil on 2011-10-08 13:32 ]

Demigan
Vice Admiral

Posted: 2011-10-08 14:57   
so you order the ship, but the planet doesn't have the required resources. You then collect the resources with another ship, and your ordered ship is then build/transferred to the new planet?

Nekatil
1st Rear Admiral
Team Germany

Posted: 2011-10-08 21:53   
yes, but you must drop the resources on that sy-planet

if multiple players have a ship in that planets queue the resources will be divided to each ship in queue

when enough ressources have been deposited you ship awaits you in you garage (stationed on that planet)

but you cant use this to transfer ships to planets without enough resources

(edit says: just re-read you previous post :
if the planet have enough resources to build a ship, you spawn with it instantly)
[ This Message was edited by: Nekatil on 2011-10-08 21:57 ]

Thernhoghas
Grand Admiral
Exathra Alliance Fleet

Posted: 2011-10-09 07:25   
In my experience the res are NOT divided between the ships in que.
Default situation: Scenario, SY is up and the planet has 15 k res on it. I go and order a CD/BD (depending on what faction I'm playing), a teammate of mine orders one after me.

By your logic, we'd have to put 6 batches of 50 k res on the planet (default full cargo hold of an extractor) and both ships are completed.
This is NOT the case.

After 3 50 k res batches, my CD/BD is finished and it will take another 3 batches untill the other one is completed.

Deco
Marshal
*Renegade Space Marines*

Posted: 2011-10-09 07:58   
Best way around it, go to your factions home system the Shipyyard planets in these systems have tonnes of resources.
If you go to your home planet e.g(earth for utgo) it will have up too 500k of resources you can build your dread or station straight away then dock with the sy and simply transfer your new ship to wherever you like

Subtilizer
Grand Admiral
Faster than Light

Posted: 2011-10-09 08:01   
Quote:

On 2011-10-09 07:25, Thernhoghas (RO) wrote:
In my experience the res are NOT divided between the ships in que.
Default situation: Scenario, SY is up and the planet has 15 k res on it. I go and order a CD/BD (depending on what faction I'm playing), a teammate of mine orders one after me.

By your logic, we'd have to put 6 batches of 50 k res on the planet (default full cargo hold of an extractor) and both ships are completed.
This is NOT the case.

After 3 50 k res batches, my CD/BD is finished and it will take another 3 batches untill the other one is completed.

My expeirance suggests otherwise, could someone review the code perhaps.

Thernhoghas
Grand Admiral
Exathra Alliance Fleet

Posted: 2011-10-09 09:55   
Quote:

On 2011-10-09 08:01, _SRM_Kenny wrote:

My expeirance suggests otherwise, could someone review the code perhaps.

So far, I NEVER encountered any situation that would even suggest that the res are divided.
Example: SY planet has 15 k res on it. Someplayer orders a dreadnought and another player orders a supply ship afterwards. Which ship is finished first?

IF the res were divided, the supply; otherwise a res division would be absolutly pointless

But you will see that the dread will be finished first, because it's the first ship in que.

[ This Message was edited by: Thernhoghas (RO) on 2011-10-09 09:56 ]

Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
Page created in 0.051059 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR