Combat Kills

Combat kills in last 24 hours:
No kills today... yet.

Upcoming Events

Search

Anniversaries

21th - Sir Oblivion {C?}

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » Developer Feedback » » Few suggestions about defense bases
Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
 Author Few suggestions about defense bases
MrSparkle
Marshal

Posted: 2011-07-29 17:01   
First suggestion is a range increase on defense and offense bases, with a larger increase for the offense bases. Ideally each base type would have it's own range, with tier 2 offense having the longest range and tier 1 PD having the shortest. That way, as you approach a planet the first thing that hits you are the very powerful tier 2 offense bases. As you get closer, you get in range of tier 2 defense, then tier 2 PD, then tier 1 offense, tier 1 defense, tier 1 PD...all depending on what's built on the planet.

Second is a damage buff to tier 2 bases, mostly for offense bases. They need to be worth building.

Quite a few of us know that tier 1 bases are better than tier 2. As far as PD, you get a lot more bang for your buck spamming tier 1, and tier 1 offense bases wind up better than tier 2.

Tier 2 offense bases have an incredibly high cost to build and maintain. Tier 2 defense and PD bases are also high for what you get out of them.

And let's face it, you can build, what, 5 tier 2 offense bases on most planets? Maybe 6 depending? Those 5 bases have to exceed what you could have done with tier 1, or they're not worth using.

Tier 2 offense bases should have a very long range and do an awful lot of damage. It should be worth building tier 2 offense bases over tier 1 when you can spare the time, tech and resources. Tier 1 should only be an option when those cannot be spared. That means tier 2 need a significant increase in range AND damage. They've been buffed already, and it's pretty good, but you still do better with tier 1 if offense is your goal.

So here's my (generalized) suggestions:

Tier 2 offense bases get a damage increase and a significant range increase. They would be the longest range bases. They cost a ton to build so they have to be worth it.

Tier 2 defense bases get a range increase. Not as long as offense, and their damage should be noticeably less. There may be no need to increase their damage.

Tier 2 PD get a range increase and a minor damage increase, if any at all. They're not meant to cause damage so it's OK to leave that alone.

Those are the 3 long range bases.

Tier 1 offense bases get a range increase, approximately the same range as tier 2 PD. They probably don't need any damage increase.

Tier 1 defense get a range increase, but shorter than offense. They also don't need a damage increase.

Tier 1 PD have the same range as now, which would be the shortest range of all the bases. They also don't need a damage increase.

This has potential issues, like if the server can manage base ranges separately. I don't see why it shouldn't be able to but I don't know.

Tier 2 bases should always be worth building over tier 1, unless the planet will have a specific purpose like mining where tech will remain low so as to spam mines and factories. And planets built with tier 2 offense bases should be incredibly dangerous to approach without first bombing it.

I can't get into specific ranges I have in mind, but I'm thinking 1200+ range for tier 2 offense, 1000 or so for tier 2 defense, 800 or so for tier 2 PD, 700-800 for tier 1 offense, 600 or so for tier 1 defense, 500 for tier 1 PD. Plus, keep in mind that I'm also suggesting a damage increase for tier 2 bases.

If those ranges seem too high, remember that planets used to have missiles with even greater range, and cannons with about that range.

Planets are planets, not stations. We should not be able to just orbit one built to damage enemy ships and cap them, infantry or no.
[ This Message was edited by: MrSparkle on 2011-07-29 19:22 ]

-xTc- ExisT
Chief Marshal
Army Of Darkness

Posted: 2011-07-29 17:18   
Agree with this, planets need to be deadly again.

Talien
Marshal
Templar Knights

Posted: 2011-07-29 17:48   
I've been saying planetary bases need a major buff almost since I started playing, what's been done so far is good but it's still lacking.

Then again all planetary structures need an efficiency overhaul, not just bases. As do troops, it is far, FAR more efficient to just set barracks to produce regular inf instead of heavy inf for the most part.

jimjimjaroo
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2011-07-29 19:06   
i agree with everything said above.

seyyah
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2011-07-29 21:19   
Then how about having the bases which have launching missles and opening fire on us and PDing pods, bombs , etc. with beams again?
They were really looking like planetary defences...

former Roukanken

Radiance
Grand Admiral
*Renegade Space Marines*

Posted: 2011-07-29 21:40   
Didn't they remove the pd and missiles and guns because of lag reasons?

Borgie
Chief Marshal
Pitch Black

Posted: 2011-07-30 01:30   
i miss 483 missle and fighter bases protecting planets. not to mention the old luth beams.. you got in range of them and you died fast.

Email Borgie
Chewy Squirrel
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2011-07-30 02:08   
If we can't have missiles and fighters being fired out of planets, then can we PLEASE have the "planet is firing at you" graphic have much more "Oomph" to it and be a lot more obvious? Right now I can't even tell half the time unless I zoom in all the way whether or not the planet is firing at me. Those little orange or whatever particles are barely visible.
[ This Message was edited by: Chewy Squirrel {om nom nom nom nom} on 2011-07-30 02:09 ]

CM7
Midshipman
Faster than Light

Posted: 2011-07-30 04:51   
on this note. i have small issue with being able to capture a planet without firing off one bomb or landing one infantry.

Furthermore being able to stand back beyond defensive range of the planet and hurl bombs at it is lame.

I believe in this system. I know it can be good... but its been months now and improvements to it have come... well rather slow.

Maby if we just were told what direction you guys were going to take with this sytem?

MrSparkle
Marshal

Posted: 2011-07-30 09:54   
How about one frigate using ecm to bomb a planet with zero risk to himself and the planet is absolutely helpless against it? There's no more PD so those bombs will hit unless there's plats in the way.

Maybe sensor base range should be increased a lot too. Only sensor and anti sensor bases, not ship eccm (like anybody uses anti sensor bases). Either that or remove ecm from bomber frigates and give them scanners. It's even worse for Kluth, who are forced to use a building that is counterproductive to them.

Borgie
Chief Marshal
Pitch Black

Posted: 2011-07-30 10:24   
Quote:

On 2011-07-30 09:54, MrSparkle wrote:
How about one frigate using ecm to bomb a planet with zero risk to himself and the planet is absolutely helpless against it? There's no more PD so those bombs will hit unless there's plats in the way.

Maybe sensor base range should be increased a lot too. Only sensor and anti sensor bases, not ship eccm (like anybody uses anti sensor bases). Either that or remove ecm from bomber frigates and give them scanners. It's even worse for Kluth, who are forced to use a building that is counterproductive to them.

thats the problem if they increase the range on planet based eccm it would allow players to hug planets in order get easy kills off luth. best way i have found to counter those annoying bomber frigs is when they are attacking your planet build a sensor plat there. *if* the plat works it should stop all the incoming bombs.

Email Borgie
MrSparkle
Marshal

Posted: 2011-07-30 11:12   
Hmm that's true.

The best way to solve it is remove ecm from the frigate. The planet can't shoot the bombs down anymore so their ecm tactics do not fit in this version.

CM7
Midshipman
Faster than Light

Posted: 2011-07-30 12:03   
as bad as i hate to admit it. (seeing the power of bomber frigate i actualy went and heavily modified one) i have to agree with both of you.

If you want to hide from planet defenses, it should be a two man job. One ship shouldnot be able to claok itself and bomb.

But i take this and i rase you;

WTF about kluth bomber ships!!!!

until those cannot cloak and negate planet defenses too, i cannot see removing ecm from human bombers.

Sure you have to uncloak to fire bombs... but you can recloak after and heal like it never even happen. And PD% now is applied do the defensive stats of structures and infantry on the planet. It cannot be negated with ecm.

Necrotic
Chief Marshal
Pitch Black

Posted: 2011-07-30 17:56   
it has nothing to do with kluth at all negating planet defenses. When u can take any bomber from any faction with a scanner and bomb outside of the planet def range anyway.

Also kluth have no advantage what so ever about bombing planets.

No matter how hard they have tried. They havnt figured out how to nerf skill yet :P

CM7
Midshipman
Faster than Light

Posted: 2011-07-30 18:26   
any more

Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
Page created in 0.021787 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR