Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
04/27/24 +2.3 Days

Search

Anniversaries

16th - Voidraptor
11th - SatchBoogie

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » English (General) » » DS manual is incorrect
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
 Author DS manual is incorrect
DiepLuc
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2011-07-31 15:08   
All PS staff are volunteer, why can't all of us be?
We can locate an error in Manual. Furthermore, we can provide a precise text to replace the old ones. The blue editor will check and insert the correct paraphrase to the Manual. That's all.
Why bother criticizing? Make it simple and easy, i.g: I find a mistake, can you fix it? I can help you to fix it.

Gejaheline
Fleet Admiral
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2011-07-31 15:51   
See, the issue here is not the fact that the manual is slightly inaccurate, it's that the original post implied to me something along the lines of "THE MANUAL IS MISSING A MINOR POINT THAT PEOPLE WILL GENERALLY WORK OUT BY THEMSELVES THIS MEANS THE MANUAL MUST BE BANNED", which generally isn't the way to go about suggesting tweaks to the manual.

Perhaps something more like "Hey guys, I noticed that the bit in the manual about firing your weapons doesn't mention that some weapons have a minimum range. Do you think that's worth fixing? Thanks" would be better, and it would get sorted faster and without the massive amounts of confusion and sarcasm that seems to have cropped up.

Sardaukar
Admiral
Raven Warriors

Posted: 2011-07-31 20:48   
Any hint of genial substance this thread may have had was washed away by the oily presence of the speaker. To assume the intent was not willfully tainted and acknowledge it as an innocent observation is irresponsible.

[ This Message was edited by: Sardaukar on 2011-07-31 20:55 ]

NoBoDx
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2011-08-01 05:43   
i think the main problem here is the manual guiding of weapons to avoid limits like minimal range for missles

Quote:

Gejaheline 2010-08-16 07:22 (suggestion) artillery dreads
(...)
Missile ships already fulfil the position of artillery; they have an enforceable minimum range (the missiles don't arm before they've travelled X gu), they require a sensor lock to fire precisely, they have a modest area-of-effect in the form of PCMs and simple saturation fire, as well as all missiles having a blast radius, and they can even arc over allied ships. AND they have the advantage of homing in even if the enemy ship moves, which cannons don't.

[ This Message was edited by: NoBoDx on 2011-08-01 05:43 ]

Gejaheline
Fleet Admiral
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2011-08-01 07:45   
As it says in that quote of mine, missiles don't arm if they've not travelled their minimum distance, meaning that even if you manually fire a missile at a distant object such that it hits something nearby, the missile inflicts no damage.

Pantheon
Marshal
Palestar

Posted: 2011-08-01 07:59   
OP was LAG, and we know he likes to cause trouble where possible.

Other than that, I think all that has needed to be said, has been said in Demorian's post. Heaven forbid not everything is up-to-date 100% of the time.

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
Page created in 0.018598 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR