No kills today... yet.

Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
03/30/24 +2.0 Days

Search

Anniversaries

No anniversaries today.

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » English (General) » » suggestions on kluth
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
 Author suggestions on kluth
MrSparkle
Marshal

Posted: 2011-08-02 16:11   
Quote:

On 2011-08-02 15:20, GiggaShadow wrote:

No before it just auto regen the armor without the cost of AHR.

That's what I'm saying. What's the reason for that change? All it does is use AHR now, unless I'm missing something here.

CM7
Midshipman
Faster than Light

Posted: 2011-08-02 16:22   
mistake

[ This Message was edited by: *XO*Defiance on 2011-08-02 16:49 ]

Pantheon
Marshal
Palestar

Posted: 2011-08-02 16:34   
Quote:

On 2011-08-02 12:00, MrSparkle wrote:
Quote:

On 2011-08-02 08:49, Pantheon wrote:

And to Necrotic, your natural regen was actually buffed during 1.670, but we reverted that change when we gave you the enhanced AHR, so your Organic Armor is just as it was.

If it's just as it was then what's the point of the change? It uses AHR now to regenerate at the same rate it did when it wasn't using AHR? Or am I missing some other benefit?

I'm comfortable with Kluth energy issues. My Krill does go through energy fast, but compared to before when it had no energy issues it's better overall.

(I would still prefer core weapons to be supertorpedoes, not supercannons, with slow rate of fire but heavy spike damage, but I've always been a guy who liked the boom-boom over the pew-pew, in almost every game I play)

AHR has never repaired armour before (was actually specified in code since it was first added to the game), however there was an issue I didn't catch in that when you repair the ship, it repairs all the gadgets. I fixed this issue, which is why we now can have faster hull repair rates without having invincible ships at depots, but that's another issue...

This change was done so we had more control over how fast armour repaired. I should note that AHR, at its current rep speed, repairs armour faster than it ever did, even including the old AHR system. Any perceived 'nerf' is just a placebo. The Organic Armor's natural regen rate has not been lowered - the only 'compensation' noted in the dev log was the removal of the addition we added when 1.670 went live.

So, in a nutshell:
AHR repairs armour now (not the ship, and all its gadgets indirectly).
AHR repairs armour at a FASTER rate than it did before.
Organic Armor repair rate is the same as it was prior to 1.670.

Those are the facts, take them or leave them as you will. I spoke to a handful of K'Luth about this, and spent a good hour or so in beta with Necrotic and another PB member I can't remember (sorry), and they stated the AHR was fine. In fact, they were ok with it when it was draining at DOUBLE the rate it was now. I actually had to go in and tweak the code some more so that it drained at the same rate it always did, and I figured they'd be doubly happy with this...

I swear, you guys just invent some strange numbers and perceived effects to further your personal gain and bias. AHR is much stronger than it was originally, both in hull repair rate AND armor repair. The ONLY situation it's actually 'worse' at (and this is arguable) is that it takes much longer to repair all gadgets on the ship compared to before (when they were instantly repaired). But that's it.

Ravendark
Marshal
Sanity Assassins

Posted: 2011-08-02 17:19   
what? who's complaining? ahr works great. not all that good as double ahr in 1.660 but good enough we dont stay naked (nearly armorless) when our hull gets in battle ready state

GiggaShadow[+L.F.]
Marshal
Pitch Black

Posted: 2011-08-02 17:23   
I am not complaining, I am enjoying the game.
I was just trying to answer a question.

Scorched Soul[+R]
Marshal
Pitch Black

Posted: 2011-08-02 20:17   
No real current complaints but im always for an idea that adds a new level of thought and strategy to the game. after too long everything can start to feel repeditive.

Email Scorched Soul[+R]
ADmiraLMaXimus (Bringer of Doom)
Chief Marshal
Praetorian Wolves

Posted: 2011-08-02 20:55   
Automated Hull Repair AHR should not be repairing organic armor......

it should fix hull..... and Organic Armor should heal slowly just like our skin heals

it just makes sense.

Otherwise rename AHR to AAR Automated Armor Repair.......

Email ADmiraLMaXimus (Bringer of Doom)
MrSparkle
Marshal

Posted: 2011-08-03 01:18   
Quote:

On 2011-08-02 16:34, Pantheon wrote:

AHR has never repaired armour before (was actually specified in code since it was first added to the game), however there was an issue I didn't catch in that when you repair the ship, it repairs all the gadgets. I fixed this issue, which is why we now can have faster hull repair rates without having invincible ships at depots, but that's another issue...

This change was done so we had more control over how fast armour repaired. I should note that AHR, at its current rep speed, repairs armour faster than it ever did, even including the old AHR system. Any perceived 'nerf' is just a placebo. The Organic Armor's natural regen rate has not been lowered - the only 'compensation' noted in the dev log was the removal of the addition we added when 1.670 went live.

So, in a nutshell:
AHR repairs armour now (not the ship, and all its gadgets indirectly).
AHR repairs armour at a FASTER rate than it did before.
Organic Armor repair rate is the same as it was prior to 1.670.

The bolded part is what I was missing.

It's not a bad change, it's just gonna take getting used to going through AHR so fast. Some Kluth are even flying around with no AHR at all, because otherwise they'd have to keep jumping back to a friendly planet or plat.

This change also makes chitinous seem completely not worth it.

NoBoDx
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2011-08-03 12:39   
Quote:

On 2011-08-03 01:18, MrSparkle wrote:
(...)
The bolded part is what I was missing.

It's not a bad change, it's just gonna take getting used to going through AHR so fast. Some Kluth are even flying around with no AHR at all, because otherwise they'd have to keep jumping back to a friendly planet or plat.

This change also makes chitinous seem completely not worth it.

chit was useful some time ago ? O_o

MrSparkle
Marshal

Posted: 2011-08-03 14:08   
Well there was a time when it was useful on stations, and I used to use 1 chit 1 AHR on my other ships.

Ravendark
Marshal
Sanity Assassins

Posted: 2011-08-05 08:13   
ok then. lets change ahr to repair only hull and why not set organic armor regeneration a bit higher, similar to when ahr reapirs it. negates the 'running out of ahr so fast' issue and 'im going to battle naked' issue

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
Page created in 0.017208 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR