No kills today... yet.

Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
04/20/24 +10.0 Hours

Search

Anniversaries

No anniversaries today.

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » English (General) » » Kluth beams, and UGTO SS
Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
 Author Kluth beams, and UGTO SS
Talien
Marshal
Templar Knights

Posted: 2011-08-02 15:28   
Kluth beams seem to have gotten a buff with this hotfix, I'd seen people talking about having 1 alpha from a luth Destroyer blow through a full shield arc and eat into armor on a Heavy Cruiser, which was not happening prior to the hotfix.

Tested in beta Parasite vs HC and UGTO BC, all ships with no enhancements:

2 alphas to hull a HC with reactive shields
3 alphas to hull a HC with active shields

4 alphas to hull a BC with standard armor
3 alphas to hull a BC with ablative armor
8 alphas to hull a BC with reflective armor

Used to be it took a Siphon 2-3 alphas to hull a HC or BC, but now a Parasite can do it. Something is not quite right.

And now on to the SS, once again it can outrepair damage from multiple ships. Had this happen in MV yesterday then rechecked it in beta earlier today with the same result, 2 Border Cruisers were unable to damage one faster than it was repairing with only it's single repair drone and Damage Control gadget with standard armor. All 3 ships stock config with no enhancements, SS was rotating.

We tried vs. Ablative too and it was beyond a joke, it didn't even have to rotate and it's armor was barely taking any damage from both ships, it was only down to 90% by the time we were halfway out of ammo, which was around 5 minutes.

Tested ICC SS vs 2 Battle Cruisers from 800 GU, all stock ships meaning aux shields on the SS, and even at max effective range shields were taking more damage than defense mode let them regen. Composite armor was likewise unable to stand up to 2 BCs at max range with reload+Damage Control while rotating. Tried 1 BC vs the SS at closer range (300-600 GU) and the single BC was able to peel off all shielding and eat into armor within a few minutes even with defense mode running. I neglected to time it so I can't be sure exactly how long it took, but it seemed to be around 6-7 minutes.

jimjimjaroo
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2011-08-02 16:20   
something seems wrong there. just dont know what.

CM7
Midshipman
Faster than Light

Posted: 2011-08-02 16:31   
congrats

ICC now has the weakest ships in the game class per class compaired to both of the other factions.

(not just saying it. its true, go see for yourselfs)

I cant leave it on this note...

Im not saying its impossible for ICC to win vs kluth and ugto.

Kluth require a wide variety of ships such as indictors, assault ships, and scouts.

To beat UGTO, you simply have to field a ship one or more classes lower than the ship your trying to kill.

(dosent make it right though)

[ This Message was edited by: *XO*Defiance on 2011-08-02 16:39 ]

Princess Celestia
Marshal

Posted: 2011-08-02 17:14   
JUST LOVE THE parasite crusers now!!

*FTL*Soulless
Marshal

Posted: 2011-08-02 21:05   
5 or 6 mins Talien

Email *FTL*Soulless
unimatrixzero
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2011-08-02 21:13   
Never died quicker in an ICC Dread
Seems like i dont have shields cause there not there after 1 shot and half my armor gone!
Same with Station!
I want my Shield back!!!

MarineKingPrime
Marshal
Exathra Alliance Fleet

Posted: 2011-08-02 22:45   
Quote:

On 2011-08-02 21:13, unimatrixzero wrote:
Never died quicker in an ICC Dread
Seems like i dont have shields cause there not there after 1 shot and half my armor gone!
Same with Station!
I want my Shield back!!!

not suprising, ugto is stomping on icc

Necrotic
Chief Marshal
Pitch Black

Posted: 2011-08-02 23:03   
kluth ships needed a buff cruisers and below. im sure we can all agree with this. the siphon is supposed to kill a cruiser in 2-3 alphas it is an assault dread.

No matter how hard they have tried. They havnt figured out how to nerf skill yet :P

µOmniVore
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2011-08-02 23:08   
Here we go again ICC get fixed we love it UGTO cry we get nerfed now we are back to pre patch complaining, i got capped in a fully repaired station with 5 inf, i was pissed cause when i drop on a UGTO or K'luth ship they never cap, this game will never be balanced, K'luth have op weapons, UGTO have op defenses, ICC suck at the bottom as usual or weapons suck, our defenses suck our faction just gets the short end of the stick every draw.

ICC needs stronger shields and armor, and much stronger weapons i couldn't even damage a krill and it was point blank with all my weapons, while they not only hulled me in about 30 secs i was out of energy and i wasn't even using def mode.

if we are always going to have the crappiest weapons i suggest our rails get a serious buff vs all types of armor and ions cause system damage on contact with unarmored ships or they get a 30% buff in damage other wise this game is never going to be balanced. also that 2 two shots of the ion cannon sucks i would rather have one shot that is very strong than 2 weak shots QST and Si seem like they are 2x as strong as the Ions.

I know you have a vision for this game but the layouts of the SS class of station and the ICC line suck plan and simple all a ship has to do is point jump them and 90% if its fire power is gone, beams don't have the range and ions suck unless you are stacking adv plexers and even then they still suck just 48% less. kluth ships abuse the cloak and the changes to beacons and eccm make the kluth the most op exploited faction in game eccm need to lose its cool down and regain its 1kgu range as a counter to the cloak, and the kluth dreads need a much larger cool down 30sec is much to fast that makes missiles useless against them. sweeping sucks cause the view range was lowered so you can't see any impacts. of all the changes that have been made this game has gotten so out of balance it is ridiculous.

Planets need a much larger combat AOE range and changed so that you can't cap a planet with out clearing the inf and give planets a means to intercept bombs right now this game has gotten so dumbed down it isn't even fun to play but for a few mins. please fix this game it is fun when it works.

only way to balance this game is to give all faction the same armor, weapon, engine stats other wise this game will never be balanced.

Email µOmniVore
Kenny_Naboo
Marshal
Pitch Black

Posted: 2011-08-02 23:10   
Quote:

On 2011-08-02 15:28, Talien wrote:
Kluth beams seem to have gotten a buff with this hotfix, I'd seen people talking about having 1 alpha from a luth Destroyer blow through a full shield arc and eat into armor on a Heavy Cruiser, which was not happening prior to the hotfix.

Tested in beta Parasite vs HC and UGTO BC, all ships with no enhancements:

2 alphas to hull a HC with reactive shields
3 alphas to hull a HC with active shields

4 alphas to hull a BC with standard armor
3 alphas to hull a BC with ablative armor
8 alphas to hull a BC with reflective armor

Used to be it took a Siphon 2-3 alphas to hull a HC or BC, but now a Parasite can do it. Something is not quite right.

And now on to the SS, once again it can outrepair damage from multiple ships. Had this happen in MV yesterday then rechecked it in beta earlier today with the same result, 2 Border Cruisers were unable to damage one faster than it was repairing with only it's single repair drone and Damage Control gadget with standard armor. All 3 ships stock config with no enhancements, SS was rotating.

We tried vs. Ablative too and it was beyond a joke, it didn't even have to rotate and it's armor was barely taking any damage from both ships, it was only down to 90% by the time we were halfway out of ammo, which was around 5 minutes.

Tested ICC SS vs 2 Battle Cruisers from 800 GU, all stock ships meaning aux shields on the SS, and even at max effective range shields were taking more damage than defense mode let them regen. Composite armor was likewise unable to stand up to 2 BCs at max range with reload+Damage Control while rotating. Tried 1 BC vs the SS at closer range (300-600 GU) and the single BC was able to peel off all shielding and eat into armor within a few minutes even with defense mode running. I neglected to time it so I can't be sure exactly how long it took, but it seemed to be around 6-7 minutes.

- All beams (including human beams) were buffed across the board.
- Kluth beams have always been more powerful than human beams, and they don't have fall off.... but boy do they run through the ship's reserve like a hot knife through butter
- Kluth ships in general are beam heavy
Multiply all 3 factors together and you know why a Kluth beam strike will drill a massive hole in your paintjob.

You can go to Beta, and get your ICC AD and beam alpha your own dessies to see the effect too. It won't be as bad as being drilled by a Siphon, but you will see that it hurts too.

SS.
Latest hotfix = +25% armor for UGTO (and ICC too... but that's beside the point here) and -10% weap power for ICC.
Now, take a baseline figure of 1.00 for the Rel 1.670 before the hotfix.
Your weaps are now 0.9/1.25=72% as effective against the uggies prior to the hotfix. That's a 28% decrease in weap effectiveness.

But that's OK, because 10% is 'minor'. Unfortunately, once you've added the 25%, it isn't anymore, is it?

[ This Message was edited by: Kenny_Naboo[+R] on 2011-08-02 23:12 ]

MarineKingPrime
Marshal
Exathra Alliance Fleet

Posted: 2011-08-02 23:14   
Quote:
But that's OK, because 10% is 'minor'. Unfortunately, once you've added the 25%, it isn't anymore, is it?

watch out kenny, you might get banned for saying something that the devs dont like.

Kenny_Naboo
Marshal
Pitch Black

Posted: 2011-08-02 23:19   
Quote:

On 2011-08-02 23:14, darksmaster923 (3IC) wrote:
Quote:

watch out kenny, you might get banned for saying something that the devs dont like.

I'm just stating the facts, not taking shots at anybody.

The fact is, where you needed 3 shots to kill an object, you now need 4. Jack said we needed to get in game and play it before making our comments or criticisms. I've already played vs ICC.

Basically Kluth vs ICC, there's no change in your defenses. You've got 25% more armor along with UGTO. But I feel that your weaps are slightly less effective now.

I made an assault on your planet, in the middle of several dreads and cruisers, to take out your supp plats. That was in a Mandible. I was surprised that I didn't die or have to jump out before I destroyed all 4 plats, despite being hit on all sides by your ships. After killing your plats, I managed to e-jump out, still badly hulled, but nowhere close to dying.

*FTL*Soulless
Marshal

Posted: 2011-08-02 23:32   
Quote:

On 2011-08-02 23:19, Kenny_Naboo[+R] wrote:
Quote:

Quote:

The fact is, where you needed 3 shots to kill an object, you now need 4. Jack said we needed to get in game and play it before making our comments or criticisms. I've already played vs ICC.

Basically Kluth vs ICC, there's no change in your defenses. You've got 25% more armor along with UGTO. But I feel that your weaps are slightly less effective now.

I made an assault on your planet, in the middle of several dreads and cruisers, to take out your supp plats. That was in a Mandible. I was surprised that I didn't die or have to jump out before I destroyed all 4 plats, despite being hit on all sides by your ships. After killing your plats, I managed to e-jump out, still badly hulled, but nowhere close to dying.

No kenny jack changed it so only UGTO armor is affected not ICC's

Email *FTL*Soulless
Kenny_Naboo
Marshal
Pitch Black

Posted: 2011-08-02 23:36   
Quote:

On 2011-08-02 23:32, Soulless *ADM* wrote:
Quote:

On 2011-08-02 23:19, Kenny_Naboo[+R] wrote:
Quote:

Quote:

No kenny jack changed it so only UGTO armor is affected not ICC's

Then sadly, you guys got the short end of the stick again. That explains why I felt there was no change when I shot at ICC. No change in the armor values. Oh well.

[ This Message was edited by: Kenny_Naboo[+R] on 2011-08-02 23:37 ]

Borgie
Chief Marshal
Pitch Black

Posted: 2011-08-03 00:31   
Quote:

On 2011-08-02 15:28, Talien wrote:

not too fond of ugto stations being able to repair so fast with DC, and there 1 supply drone( not the aoe repair thing).

Email Borgie
Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
Page created in 0.021017 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR