No kills today... yet.

Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
05/04/24 +1.8 Hours

Search

Anniversaries

1st - Alamode

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » Developer Feedback » » What have you done to this game?
Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
 Author What have you done to this game?
Animyx
Chief Marshal
Army Of Darkness

Posted: 2011-08-07 10:50   
Before this patch came out i was able to play in sag with not much lag, now everytime i try and play i just get insane lag, up to the point where i was cloaked, sat still and losing energy in a siphon, when i used to be able to go 9-10 gu/s and not lose any energy, is there a reason for this insane laggness?
I know im not the only one having these problems, some of my clan members have similar problems and just cant play in sag anymore, is there any way we can fix these issues? as i'd really like to play again and atm i can only play in scen or home systems without lag.

another issue i have had recently is the jump exit rings, they used to be fine and now are just a bright sqaure flash thing, which is annoying as everytime someone jumps near you theres a big white square flash and i cant see nothin... any ideas as to whats causing this?

peace -Apoc-

Lock 'N' Load

Pantheon
Marshal
Palestar

Posted: 2011-08-07 14:29   
Server hasn't lagged once since the .670 release, or has it come close. I would suggest checking with your ISP.

If you wish to turn down the brightness, please lower the 'Bloom' slider til it fights your requirements.

If you have an OOO processor, please make sure "Enable Multicore" is not enabled in your setup.

Also, wrong place to put this post.

Faustus
Marshal
Palestar

Posted: 2011-08-07 15:14   
Click the "Disable Shaders" option.

Goto the website of Faustus
Animyx
Chief Marshal
Army Of Darkness

Posted: 2011-08-07 21:13   
you really think i aint tryed all that before? ive tried everything thats been suggested with not much change, heres my system specs for some insight;
Acer Aspire 5315:
1Gb ram
2.00 Ghz intel celeron processor
120 gb Hd
64mb built in graphics
running windows Xp

currently i have the fastest internet connection i can get in my area... it aint that..

Lock 'N' Load

CM7
Midshipman
Faster than Light

Posted: 2011-08-07 21:15   
1Gb ram

yep...

try this.

1. go to setup
2. enable multicore
3. click apply
4. go to setup
5. disable multicore
6. click apply
[ This Message was edited by: *XO*Defiance on 2011-08-07 21:21 ]

Whiterin
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2011-08-07 21:56   
Your system specs are pretty low. They have upgraded the graphics engine which is why your computer is now having a hard time running it. My laptop has way, WAY better specs then your system and I still get a crazy amount of lag. They should have the option to use the old graphis engine or the new one so people with lesser computers don't have an issue.

Lithium
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2011-08-07 22:16   
Rename "Disable Shaders" to "Use old graphics engine"

Thernhoghas
Grand Admiral
Exathra Alliance Fleet

Posted: 2011-08-07 22:44   
Quote:

On 2011-08-07 10:50, -Apocalypse- *XO2* wrote:
Before this patch came out i was able to play in sag with not much lag, now everytime i try and play i just get insane lag, up to the point where i was cloaked, sat still and losing energy in a siphon, when i used to be able to go 9-10 gu/s and not lose any energy, is there a reason for this insane laggness?
I know im not the only one having these problems, some of my clan members have similar problems and just cant play in sag anymore, is there any way we can fix these issues? as i'd really like to play again and atm i can only play in scen or home systems without lag.

another issue i have had recently is the jump exit rings, they used to be fine and now are just a bright sqaure flash thing, which is annoying as everytime someone jumps near you theres a big white square flash and i cant see nothin... any ideas as to whats causing this?

peace -Apoc-

what the?

HOW?

you got to be kidding; my comp is also low spec but still better than yours. and everytime I play in MV I get graphical lag that isn't to be underestimated

EVERYTIME. no matter when; or how many players there are.

Kenny_Naboo
Marshal
Pitch Black

Posted: 2011-08-07 22:53   

I still get lag spikes occasionally. I know it's not attributed to multi-core as it's definitely turned off.

Pings go from 200ms to 3000+ and sometimes 60000. I know it's happening when my chat gets delayed, so I Alt-P in and there it is.... huge latency. Sometimes I'm the only one getting it, and sometimes everyone playing gets it.

As for cause, I dunno. Jack says it ain't the server. It may be the connection anywhere from TX to where I am. It could also be the game itself.

-xTc- ExisT
Chief Marshal
Army Of Darkness

Posted: 2011-08-07 23:01   
This happened to me when shadows were implemented. I even turned off shadows, put down every detail of darkspace as low as i could get it but still had absolutely unplayable lag.

Now i have a better comp and it ran ds fine max settings, shadows etc. once 1.67 released i was getting occasional lag spikes in luyt so now i am running medium detail without any probs

GiggaShadow[+L.F.]
Marshal
Pitch Black

Posted: 2011-08-07 23:04   
[quote]
On 2011-08-07 22:16, Lithium wrote:

LoL, Lithium. hey wait that might actualy work.

Whiterin
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2011-08-07 23:23   
[quote]
On 2011-08-07 23:04, GiggaShadow wrote:
Quote:

On 2011-08-07 22:16, Lithium wrote:

LoL, Lithium. hey wait that might actualy work.

Nah, it helps, but it's nothing like runing it on the old engine. The original system requirements of this game on the old engine are so low my phone could run it. lol

GalaxyFalinzin
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2011-08-08 00:52   
Hell... my phone is faster than the OP's computer... Stop using outdated technology and you won't have graphics lag. My 3 year old laptop runs this fine with no lag, everything on high... if you aren't replacing your components/computer every 2-3 years, you should not be gaming on your PC. That is all.

Thrie
Fleet Admiral
Raven Warriors

Posted: 2011-08-08 01:54   
I think we all know the difference between graphical lag and internet lag.

It's just disheartening to see something on your screen and the server logs differently.

Email Thrie
Pegasus
Grand Admiral
Pitch Black

Posted: 2011-08-08 03:43   
Quote:

On 2011-08-07 21:13, -Apocalypse- *XO2* wrote:
you really think i aint tryed all that before? ive tried everything thats been suggested with not much change, heres my system specs for some insight;
Acer Aspire 5315:
1Gb ram
2.00 Ghz intel celeron processor
120 gb Hd
64mb built in graphics
running windows Xp

currently i have the fastest internet connection i can get in my area... it aint that..

64MB onboard graphic will not be helping much especially with the graphical changes in the last patch. I personally If I am running an out of date system like above, I make sure your shaders, HDR are turned off, also use the graphic sliders and minimise bloom to 0%, missiles/fighter trials to 5-10%, ship trials to about about 10% and see how it plays.

If it maybe a coincidence and you are having internet issues then doing a traceroute within CMD in windows, or using a thrid party program like pingplotter will identify if there is any hops to the server causing packet loss and essentially internet lag.

Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
Page created in 0.021816 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR