Combat Kills

Combat kills in last 24 hours:
No kills today... yet.

Upcoming Events

Search

Anniversaries

21th - Sir Oblivion {C?}

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » Developer Feedback » » Ordering shipyards to make Ai ships
 Author Ordering shipyards to make Ai ships
DOT
Admiral
Faster than Light

Posted: 2011-08-09 13:18   
Although we can command ship there arent many ships to command so why dont we commant shipyards to make ships above or under our rank

MarineKingPrime
Marshal
Exathra Alliance Fleet

Posted: 2011-08-09 13:48   
it's a 5 dollar server. too many ai would make it explode
[ This Message was edited by: darksmaster923 (3IC) on 2011-08-09 13:49 ]

Animyx
Chief Marshal
Army Of Darkness

Posted: 2011-08-09 16:08   
5 dollar server? lol, apparently theyve got rather decent servers that, apparently could handle up to ~500 players.... apparently..

Lock 'N' Load

Aaron Lienhardt
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2011-08-09 16:11   
i noticed if there is like..3 players in the metaverse in one faction alot of ai's would be there to help, if there are alot of players u dont really need the ai's

Yes!!! we got here before the damn luthies!! who wants to celebrate?

[ML]RogueAvengerTTV
Marshal

Posted: 2011-08-09 16:26   
Quote:

On 2011-08-09 16:11, Alan star wrote:
i noticed if there is like..3 players in the metaverse in one faction alot of ai's would be there to help, if there are alot of players u dont really need the ai's

+1

Email [ML]RogueAvengerTTV
Whiterin
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2011-08-09 18:28   
I kinda like this idea. Without havin several hundred players on at a time, it sometimes feels like there isn't much to do. Upping the number of AI would make it seem more lively, especially when no one else is on. It would also help defend your systems when say 7-10 Kluth player dreads and a station decide to come in and try to kick you out.

MarineKingPrime
Marshal
Exathra Alliance Fleet

Posted: 2011-08-09 20:20   
Quote:

On 2011-08-09 16:08, -Apocalypse- *XO2* wrote:
5 dollar server? lol, apparently theyve got rather decent servers that, apparently could handle up to ~500 players.... apparently..

500 players?

lol.

-Shadowalker-™
Admiral
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2011-08-10 08:25   
yes, the server can handle 500 players, according to jack

Email -Shadowalker-™
NoBoDx
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2011-08-10 20:10   
Quote:

On 2011-08-10 08:25, -Shadowalker-™ wrote:
yes, the server can handle 500 players, according to jack

but not when they're all fighting

MarineKingPrime
Marshal
Exathra Alliance Fleet

Posted: 2011-08-10 20:13   
or moving, for that matter.

Tellaris
Grand Admiral
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2011-08-10 22:52   
I would like to see AI cost resources, and spawn from shipyards. I made a similiar suggestion earlier. With the change of keeping ships that are destroyed in combat, we once again, have a massive build up of resources that are almost NEVER used. Either that, or make destroyed ships cost more resources to take out again.

Musiqsoulman
Grand Admiral
*Renegade Space Marines*

Posted: 2011-08-11 19:04   
Quote:

On 2011-08-09 13:18, captainadmiral wrote:
Although we can command ship there arent many ships to command so why dont we commant shipyards to make ships above or under our rank

It is a good suggestion. I still don't understand where Ai ships originate, but they surely should keep the number of AI ships available to each faction limited. It is probably even already that way. Probably though the fact it is automatic is much better.

Crim
Fleet Admiral
Sundered Weimeriners

Posted: 2011-08-12 05:33   
Herpderp, ITT: People who know nothing about servers. The server can handle the load easily, it's just the ISP for them isn't exactly the best. Sorry, Darkspace doesn't have a google server farm with a 10gb line to handle things. Support the game and one day there will be an upgrade from what they have now.

Back to the topic - I do think AI need a rework in how they're spawned and how long they stay in game, and you may have a decent idea here, only problem is there needs to be a limit on AI or else one person could have an entire armada of AI to spam things with. I'm not one for formulas and all that jazz, so I can't come up with a decent proposal for it.

Also, I've heard Faustus is currently reworking the AI's abilities and strategies ingame, so if he does a good enough job you may not even need to spawn more then a few AI, they may be on equal levels with the majority of players in terms of piloting and strategy.

[ This Message was edited by: Crim on 2011-08-12 05:34 ]

Kenny_Naboo
Marshal
Pitch Black

Posted: 2011-08-12 08:47   
Quote:

On 2011-08-12 05:33, Crim wrote:
Herpderp, ITT: People who know nothing about servers. The server can handle the load easily, it's just the ISP for them isn't exactly the best. Sorry, Darkspace doesn't have a google server farm with a 10gb line to handle things. Support the game and one day there will be an upgrade from what they have now.

Back to the topic - I do think AI need a rework in how they're spawned and how long they stay in game, and you may have a decent idea here, only problem is there needs to be a limit on AI or else one person could have an entire armada of AI to spam things with. I'm not one for formulas and all that jazz, so I can't come up with a decent proposal for it.

Also, I've heard Faustus is currently reworking the AI's abilities and strategies ingame, so if he does a good enough job you may not even need to spawn more then a few AI, they may be on equal levels with the majority of players in terms of piloting and strategy.

[ This Message was edited by: Crim on 2011-08-12 05:34 ]

Besides having more intelligent AI, they could also benefit by adding more command options. Right now u can tell them to GO somewhere, or ATTACK and DEFEND targets. Some additional commands would be good.

One command I would like to see realized would be a MIMIC me command. Where the AI will follow and shadow me in formation, and target and shoot whatever I'm shooting at.

Talien
Marshal
Templar Knights

Posted: 2011-08-12 08:57   
Nobody wants some luth decloaking with an armada of AI that all opens fire at once and instagibs anything before they have a chance to react.

Page created in 0.030519 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR