- Weekly DarkSpace
04/20/24 +2.5 Days

Search

Anniversaries

20th - Evellon
16th - faudin
14th - moriens

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » English (General) » » let see if we can help balancing the game
Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 Next Page )
 Author let see if we can help balancing the game
Xavier I. Agamemnon
Grand Admiral
Exathra Alliance Fleet

Posted: 2011-08-10 03:14   
ok i propose that each side talk about there own faction and try to help the devs make the game more balanced so everyone is happy.

so let try not to be childish. i dont want this to become destructive criticizum. because yes the game is unbalance and i keep hearing the same stuff. because i know ugto is not happy. icc is not happy and luth there maybe in between. ill i ask is that we keep it friendly and see if we can make the game more enjoyable then it has been.

but if it dose become a troll thread then they will lock it and no one can express there ideas and no one is happy. honestly i had this idea playing in my head while i was asleep rather annoying to be dreaming about a game.

Xavier I. Agamemnon
CD/I.C.S Spartacus
HC/I.C.S Athena
CDD/I.C.S Achilles
Leader of the Exathra Alliance Fleet.

Email Xavier I. Agamemnon   Goto the website of Xavier I. Agamemnon
MarineKingPrime
Marshal
Exathra Alliance Fleet

Posted: 2011-08-10 04:20   
Alright,

I want my 10% damage back. Freely (to a point) adjust UGTO armor rates to compensate for this, but I want the damage back to the way it was.

Azure Prower
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2011-08-10 04:44   
I'd also like K'luth ships to be a cloaking, bio-mechanical vessel leaving death and destruction in their wake.

Forger of Destiny
Chief Marshal
We Kick Arse

Posted: 2011-08-10 04:57   
i want endurance redefined ingame. icc shields have endurance as their specialty (aside from shield rotation) and pay the price in the form of energy.
on the other hand kluth have ahr which can repair armor and hull automatically for 25 minutes continuously at no cost. also the repair rate is comparable to shield's normal repair rate, when kluth have damage as their specialty.

ugto are hanging in the middle, who have low regeneration, but also a couple of options to have a specific damage resistance. theyre probably ok.

Thrie
Fleet Admiral
Raven Warriors

Posted: 2011-08-10 05:09   
I'm working on a list of ideas on the side but I'll post a few snippets for the sake of this thread.

I don't mind the 10% damage nerf. However, I'd like the ICC damage to be reduced another 5-10% in the trade off for increased weapon reload speed and projectile speed.

Introduce a new armor gadget for ICC's Aft arc. I would compromise with somewhere along the line of it having 30% HP of standard composite armor. Or, introduce a new engine gadget that provide aft Armor at the cost of max speed and energy regen (but I was thinking implementing this idea on the Ion Engine and reduce the stats just a little bit). Of course, both AFE and PFE will not have the aft armor as IE would. If IE engine is used to provide aft armor, it would only have 10% HP compared to composite armor per Engine. So a Dessie with onyl 2 engine slot would have a totaly of 20% armor compared to composite armor whereas a Dread with 4 engine slot would have 40%.

Before saying aft armor for Dread will be OP (and Dread having aft armor already), think about it, a dread using IE would not have the energy cap or regen for an extended fight as compared to a Dread using PFE. Secondly, I don't think many pilots will sacrifice energy for aft armor since Dreads are mostly a forward firing beast.

So the question becomes... Do I want an engine that provides some Aft Armor, higher max speed or higher energy capacity/regen?

I'd like to see the Aux shield generator provide coverage on all arcs. It would be a nice trade off for having more protection than more energy and vice versa. This might be slightly difficult to balance. If the ICC ship uses Aux shield gen, it would not have enough energy to continuously attack enemy ships. On the second hand, the Aux shield gen should not be so weak that it's pointless to replace the Aux Reactor.

Email Thrie
Borgie
Chief Marshal
Pitch Black

Posted: 2011-08-10 06:19   
the game is fine, seems to be the biggest unbalancing thing is numbers. give it another month and everything will go back to the norm, ugto with most active, and icc and luth teaming up on ugto.

Email Borgie
NoBoDx
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2011-08-10 06:23   
i'd like an increase in luth energy storage
its kinda anoying that luth ships can't take an human ship 1 on 1 no mater how skilled the luth-player is

mandi and siphon almost can't maintain their energy-level while standing still and using torpedoes and guns only

another point: station moving
i'd suggested it already several times, stations should get both, wormhole and jumpdrive, both on the same cooldown
jumpdrive for accurate jumps (eg. to planet, jumpgate, enemy) and
wormhole for inaccurate fleet-movements ( long range, inaccurate)
i wouldn't mind, if the wormhole-exit is 6000-10.000 gu off the target if stations get both

CM7
Midshipman
Faster than Light

Posted: 2011-08-10 09:08   
UGTO is unhappy???? How..... why????

impossible. For the first time since ive been here, UGTO ships now outclass every icc ship of simular hull size....

How can you be unhappy about that???????

Xavier I. Agamemnon
Grand Admiral
Exathra Alliance Fleet

Posted: 2011-08-10 09:59   
Quote:

On 2011-08-10 09:08, *XO*Defiance wrote:
UGTO is unhappy???? How..... why????

impossible. For the first time since ive been here, UGTO ships now outclass every icc ship of simular hull size....

How can you be unhappy about that???????

i herd some of them complain about one thing or another

Xavier I. Agamemnon
CD/I.C.S Spartacus
HC/I.C.S Athena
CDD/I.C.S Achilles

$yTHe {C?}
Grand Admiral
Sundered Weimeriners

Posted: 2011-08-10 12:30   
Can I tell you guys a secret?

Developers listening to users about things such as "balance" and "game play" and "omg lrn2code" has lead to the death of many games. It nearly killed this game and lead to a years-long Dark Age. Our developers understand this. Far be it from me to tell you not to make a thread about it and post (never stop posting), I just thought I might save you the energy from getting riled up into some nerd rage and typing a lot of words.

Borgie
Chief Marshal
Pitch Black

Posted: 2011-08-10 12:57   
Quote:

On 2011-08-10 12:30, $yTHe {C?} wrote:

It nearly killed this game and lead to a years-long Dark Age. Our developers understand this.

ahh yes 483...

Email Borgie
Xavier I. Agamemnon
Grand Admiral
Exathra Alliance Fleet

Posted: 2011-08-10 13:06   
Quote:

Developers listening to users about things such as "balance" and "game play" and "omg lrn2code" has lead to the death of many games. It nearly killed this game and lead to a years-long Dark Age. Our developers understand this. Far be it from me to tell you not to make a thread about it and post (never stop posting), I just thought I might save you the energy from getting riled up into some nerd rage and typing a lot of words.

not saying that that they dont listin. and im not saying they should but i want to know what they players want so we can stop QQing about it. luth wants more energy, icc whats more wepond damige ugto i can care less what they want but they want something.

Xavier I. Agamemnon
CD/I.C.S Spartacus
HC/I.C.S Athena
CDD/I.C.S Achilles

CM7
Midshipman
Faster than Light

Posted: 2011-08-10 13:22   
ICC dont want weapon damage

ICC want defense

apate
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2011-08-10 14:27   
Quote:

On 2011-08-10 13:06, I.Agamemnon (//|CO|\\) wrote:
Quote:

not saying that that they dont listin. and im not saying they should but i want to know what they players want so we can stop QQing about it. luth wants more energy, icc whats more wepond damige ugto i can care less what they want but they want something.

If we fix that, then someone else is going to Q.Q about something else.

Nothing can be perfectly balanced, so it probably wouldn't hurt if we all stopped whining about it, imo.

Email apate
Xavier I. Agamemnon
Grand Admiral
Exathra Alliance Fleet

Posted: 2011-08-10 14:37   
Quote:

On 2011-08-10 14:27, Athenian General wrote:
Quote:

On 2011-08-10 13:06, I.Agamemnon (//|CO|\\) wrote:
Quote:

If we fix that, then someone else is going to Q.Q about something else.

Nothing can be perfectly balanced, so it probably wouldn't hurt if we all stopped whining about it, imo.

oh dont i wish there was no QQ. i wish there was a nerf on QQing so i dint have to here it while trying to enjoy hulling a luth dred.

Xavier I. Agamemnon
CD/I.C.S Spartacus
HC/I.C.S Athena
CDD/I.C.S Achilles

Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 Next Page )
Page created in 0.026572 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR