No kills today... yet.

Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
04/27/24 +1.8 Hours

Search

Anniversaries

No anniversaries today.

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » Developer Feedback » » Suggestion: Jump Disruptors
Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
 Author Suggestion: Jump Disruptors
Phoebuzz
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2011-08-16 13:30   
1. a. Remove Jump Disruptors from Interdictor Cruisers.
1. b. Alternatively, reduce the Jump Disruptors range on Interdictors Cruisers. Ex.: 500gu

2. a. Replace them by adding Jump Disruptors to Command Stations (the ones with fighters and build drones.)
2. b. Possibly increase the Jump Disruptor range on Command Stations. Ex.: 1500-2000gu

[ This Message was edited by: Phoebuzz on 2011-08-16 13:33 ]

jimjimjaroo
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2011-08-16 13:35   
good i dea but 1 question. what will the interdictor cruiser become if this change applies?

Subtilizer
Grand Admiral
Faster than Light

Posted: 2011-08-16 13:37   
I think i can predict the reponse for the first two , no a smaller field would make them useless, if you are caught like that you deserve to lose that ship.

As for the second station mounted indirectors hell no
but a range increase on planetery ones possibly but only with good reason.

Phoebuzz
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2011-08-16 14:12   
Quote:

On 2011-08-16 13:35, jimjim578 wrote:
good i dea but 1 question. what will the interdictor cruiser become if this change applies?

This is why I suggested 1.b.
If completely removing the interdictor cruisers is a problem, reducing the range of the jump disruptor could keep the dictors while reducing their effective threat.

I'm mainly a Piercer pilot myself so this is a bigger concern for me than most other pilot.
Even as a dictor pilot, I would much rather see all dictors be removed or have their field size reduced than keep things as they are.

Borgie
Chief Marshal
Pitch Black

Posted: 2011-08-16 14:29   
no to all 4 of your suggestions, dictor range is just fine 1k gu is more then enough. if people feel that dictors are a problem kill them first. best counter to a dictor is a few dessies.

Email Borgie
HisDivineShadow
Vice Admiral

Posted: 2011-08-16 14:34   
*Utter Failure*!!!!!

Jump disrupters have been on cruisers for all 3 factions for as long as I can remember & have always had the range of 1000 to 1500 gu's.
I do not beleive that will ever change. The Jump disruptor cruiser was made for a specific role and it does it's role that it was created for.

Why remove a ship that has been here, in it's specific role from the game or nerf it's jump disruptor range down to 500 gu's. Either one you do not like flying the ship or two you hate when people use it as it was intended.

(A) Can they remove the Jump disruptor from cruisers & or game?

(a) Ofcourse they can.

(B) Nerf the Jump Disruptor down to a 500gu range?

(b) No, because Than the ship does not realy play a role anymore
accept to be a flying coffin.

(C) Will they remove or change the range of the disruptor on & off cruisers?

(c) No, They will not.

*Silly Wabbit Trix are made for Kids*

Phoebuzz
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2011-08-16 15:07   
Quote:
On 2011-08-16 14:34, HisDivineShadow wrote:
Why remove a ship that has been here, in it's specific role from the game or nerf it's jump disruptor range down to 500 gu's. Either one you do not like flying the ship or two you hate when people use it as it was intended.

I both know how to fly the ship and like flying the ship.
I also know that dictors can be fun wreckers for opposing teams, and will make sides with less players not trying fighting because there's close to 100% chance that'll they'll die if the dictor knows what he's doing.

(A) Can they remove the Jump disruptor from cruisers & or game?

(a) Ofcourse they can.

Quote:
On 2011-08-16 14:34, HisDivineShadow wrote:
(B) Nerf the Jump Disruptor down to a 500gu range?

(b) No, because Than the ship does not realy play a role anymore
accept to be a flying coffin.

I could fly a dictor with a 500gu dictor field successfully. I'd be nowhere near as threatening as a 1000gu dictor of course and it'd be possible for enemies to escape from me or kill me if I has a reduced dictor range.

Azure Prower
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2011-08-16 15:08   
Quote:

On 2011-08-16 13:30, Phoebuzz wrote:
1. b. Alternatively, reduce the Jump Disruptors range on Interdictors Cruisers. Ex.: 500gu

2. a. Replace them by adding Jump Disruptors to Command Stations (the ones with fighters and build drones.)
2. b. Possibly increase the Jump Disruptor range on Command Stations. Ex.: 1500-2000gu

[ This Message was edited by: Azure Prower on 2011-08-16 15:10 ]

Why not just keep the interdictors the way they are and just simply add a 500gu jump disruptor field to the command station?

Interdictor has mobility, so the command station won't replace it.

Phoebuzz
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2011-08-16 15:27   
Quote:

On 2011-08-16 15:08, Azure Prower wrote:
Quote:

On 2011-08-16 13:30, Phoebuzz wrote:

[ This Message was edited by: Azure Prower on 2011-08-16 15:10 ]

Why not just keep the interdictors the way they are and just simply add a 500gu jump disruptor field to the command station?

Interdictor has mobility, so the command station won't replace it.

There would be much use in adding a 500gu dictor to the command station.
The dicto bug allows enemies to jump deep inside a dictor anyway, and a 500gu dictor on a very slowly moving station wouldn't prevent any ship smaller than a station from just moving out of range and jumping.

The reason for the station dictor suggestion is that it would be useful defensively, while giving enemies a chance to escape (which is not the case with cruiser dictors.) If it's too short, the dictor won't really do much that the station's beams couldn't.

*FTL*Soulless
Marshal

Posted: 2011-08-16 15:55   
if you wanna change things then

A) Fix the dictor bug so ship stop at the correct range when jumping

B) Make it so the dictor has to be off before the ship can jump its self

C) Limit the number of speed ehns on a dictor...its plain stupid that a crusier can keep up with a scout running full out

Email *FTL*Soulless
Talien
Marshal
Templar Knights

Posted: 2011-08-16 16:12   
The only change that Interdictors need is prevent them from jumping while their own field is active, that in itself will solve a lot of the "fun wrecking" issues. And/or increase energy drain from an active field so they can't fly full speed for more than a minute or so while it's on.

CM7
Midshipman
Faster than Light

Posted: 2011-08-16 16:29   
i dont mind indictor so much exept for two things.

1. Enemy never seems to think about using one until they have a 3/1 advantage.

2. Friendly players just log off without even trying to counter it leaving you next to alone.

Alcedo
Chief Marshal
*Renegade Space Marines*

Posted: 2011-08-16 17:09   
Interdictors need an increase in energy use. I have seen how Piercers fitted with speed and turn enhancements can run down Dessies and kill them completely on their own.

They simply take too long to run out of energy.

Email Alcedo
Phoebuzz
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2011-08-16 18:12   
"Make it so the dictor has to be off before the ship can jump its self." - Soullessx
"The only change that Interdictors need is prevent them from jumping while their own field is active, that in itself will solve a lot of the "fun wrecking" issues." - Talien

Currently Jump Disruptor have no cooldown, so you'd be lucky to be able to escape in the 0.5s gap when a dictor presses I-J-I.
Adding a long cooldown to the Jump Disruptor device would cripple the role of Interdictor Cruisers, but adding a short cooldown (7s) would be a good balance between allowing dictors to do their job and giving dictored ships a chance to escape when dictors need to jump.

"Increase energy drain from an active field so they can't fly full speed for more than a minute or so while it's on." - Talien
"Interdictors need an increase in energy use. I have seen how Piercers fitted with speed and turn enhancements can run down Dessies and kill them completely on their own." - Alcedo

Interdictor Cruisers are just fine when population is balanced or when used by a faction with a population disadvantage.
As explained by Defiance, the problem with dictors comes from when they are used by a faction with a (large) population advantage, in that situation the dictor spells doom for any enemy that dares, DARES, putting up a fight. Almost guaranteed pres loss for the factions with low population.
Energy is not a problem when there's a population inbalance because the victims of the dictors get jumped to death long before you could ever hope for a dictor to run out of energy.
Also, this version is the first time playing a dictor is more than a chore, being able to do more than hide behind a fleet while playing a dictor is a great improvement. And making the life of dictor pilots just as unpleasant as their victim is not a solution, making the game more pleasant for everyone is the goal.
[ This Message was edited by: Phoebuzz on 2011-08-16 18:13 ]

Crim
Fleet Admiral
Sundered Weimeriners

Posted: 2011-08-16 19:53   
Well, removing or reducing dictor range is just a plain bad idea. It doesn't matter if it's a 'fun wrecker', since when has warfare ever been a fun thing?

As stated above, if there is a dictor and it's a game changer in a fight, you kill that dictor. You do all you can to make sure that dictor leaves the fight as quickly as possible. Or if you know the enemy has a dictor, you don't go engage them without knowing you have an advantage.

But I do have some ideas for changes to dictors themselves..

1. Using a Dictor Gets You Prestige
This idea has been tossed around for years. Being the dictor isn't a fun job if you are looking for prestige. You basicaly get nothing for your work. Dictors should get prestige based on either A) Ships destroyed while inside their dictor or B) Damage done to enemy ships inside the dictor.

This way using a dictor is actually a decent job to have in Darkspace, instead of a boring one that gets you shot alot.

2. Make a Cooldown Timer for Activating and Deactivating the Interdictor
This means an interdictor will be like the K'luth Cloak. It will have a time to activate it (Say, five seconds) and a timer to deactivate it (Five seconds again). This makes it to where the enemy can either run or choose to fight when a dictor shows up, instead of instantly being trapped. The deactivation timer leads into 2.A.

2.A. Dictors Cannot Jump With The Interdictor On
This was stated earlier in the thread, and it's a good idea. With the deactivation timer, it'll take one hell of a ballsy pilot to want to stay in the fight five seconds longer if he wants to jump out, meaning he could risk dieing and losing what ever prestige he's gained.

3. Energy Drain For Dictors Should Be MASSIVE
I'm not talking about "Oh, I can still fly 20gu/s and be okay". I'm talk "Holy crap, I can only fly 15gu/s and not fire any weapons." It shouldn't be so bad that the dictor isn't mobile, but a big enough drain to where the dictor can't fly faster then a Dread and fire weapons without having to worry about energy. Energy should be a major enemy for dictors.

4. Reduce Armor for Dictors
You heard me. Reduce the armor for dictors down to say, destroyer levels. Make it to where you can have the dictor out if you have a good enough fleet to protect it, but not to where you can have it out with just two other ships. This way if it's small numbers, the dictor will be pointless to bring out in a fight.

[ This Message was edited by: Crim on 2011-08-16 20:00 ]

Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
Page created in 0.027701 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR