No kills today... yet.

Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
04/27/24 +1.0 Hours

Search

Anniversaries

No anniversaries today.

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » Developer Feedback » » Suggestion: Jump Disruptors
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 )
 Author Suggestion: Jump Disruptors
Forger of Destiny
Chief Marshal
We Kick Arse

Posted: 2011-08-17 09:19   
im a dictor pilot myself, and i say this by experience - dictors need a energy usage increase and a cooldown. their range is ok, the class of ship its used on is ok.

any other class for dictors is not suitable. dessies and below can have very high speeds with enh (dessy with tuners can go upto 34.3). dreads and stations on the other hand have a lot of space on board, so even if you load them with a dictor device, they'll have enough place for powerful armament or utility devices.

also phoebuzz, you should try out the ugto dictor some time. it gets repeatedly beaten by icc cruisers and kluth dreads (favourites of their respective factions), whereas the icc one has a lot of maneuverability and pulse beams, and your piercer has cloak.

believe me, the piercer gives a biased idea of the general effectiveness of interdictor ships in general. so aside from energy increase and cooldown of 10 seconds, the jump disruptor device is great (@those who think dictor field should stop friendly ships :- tell that to planetary dictor fields. also stop being dependent on your jump drives, the sublight engines do a good job aswell).

ps:- why doesnt someone put blue enhancements on frigates, like the nymph, interceptor or assault frigate? is it because they dont have the full set of 8/7 defense devices? :< not fair

CM7
Midshipman
Faster than Light

Posted: 2011-08-17 11:35   
ive two fully moded frigs

µOmniVore
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2011-08-17 17:50   
I would much rather have interdictors have the field and a weapon that damages the jump drive that would be aswome and make interdictors more useful.

Email µOmniVore
Viskel the Muffin Muncher
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2011-08-24 14:55   
On the energy issue, ICC Dictors do lose energy fairly quickly. I switched the shields on mine to Reactives in order to lower the energy consumption on it. Even then, with 2 destroyers, or one good one, on me, I still run out of energy pretty fast trying to stay alive with my shields up.

UGTO dictors needs an energy reduction to fix them.

Kluth dictors are the real problem here. They don't need to jump, so an enemy dico with 2 destroyers can't kill it... It'll just cloak. In my opinion, the Kluth dico needs its cloak removed.

I know, "BUT CLOAK IS THE KLUTH'S MAIN WEAPON!" Yes, it is. But combining a dico with the ability to just cloak whenever you want is insanely overpowered and unbalanced. Either it needs cloak taken away, Kluth don't get a dico, or the Dico loses a lot of energy and/or armor.

Pantheon
Marshal
Palestar

Posted: 2011-08-24 18:57   
We're looking at increasing Interdictor energy costs and reducing the field size to somewhere around 750 to 650 gu. Those are the only two changes on the table at this point.

jimjimjaroo
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2011-08-24 19:23   
Quote:

On 2011-08-24 18:57, Pantheon wrote:
We're looking at increasing Interdictor energy costs and reducing the field size to somewhere around 750 to 650 gu. Those are the only two changes on the table at this point.

to add on to this, put more energy drain and put a protective layer of shield on the ship(this should be an option to the user, but only available when the interdictor is on)

*Flash*
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2011-08-24 19:24   
energy drain on dictors should be alot higher even if they r not moving.

Email *Flash*
Nekatil
1st Rear Admiral
Team Germany

Posted: 2011-08-24 21:50   
i just have a idea abour dictors:

what about
- reduce energy drain from dictor gadget
- dictor-ships have multiple dictor gadgets
- instead of a dictor-field, it's now a channeled effect
eg.
dictor-ship have 5 dictor-gadgets
to prevent (up to) 5 enemy ships from jumping the pilot must target those enemies and activate the gadgets for every single enemy

this way it's controllable how many ships can be trapped

Kenny_Naboo
Marshal
Pitch Black

Posted: 2011-08-24 22:59   

Some of the ideas here do make sense.

- Increased energy use for dico (this is probably eventual anyway)
- Short cooldown for dico (something like ecm or cloak? 15 secs?)
- Can't jump while dico is running (definitely needs to be looked at. Easy to implement too, just like cloak/jump mechanics)

- Shorten range of dico to ~~750gu. LOL. Even Jack has thought of the idea while playing UGTO with PB the other day. But he'll prob consider the first 3 ideas above before messing with the dico range. Could possibly be a game changer/breaker.

Borgie
Chief Marshal
Pitch Black

Posted: 2011-08-25 00:23   
Quote:

On 2011-08-16 19:53, Crim wrote:
Well, removing or reducing dictor range is just a plain bad idea. It doesn't matter if it's a 'fun wrecker', since when has warfare ever been a fun thing?
"other large block of text"

i agree with everything crim said. but would like to add that with grouping, a dictor pilot can earn pres from his team mates killing everything around them. i know PB uses grouping all the time, its comes in real nice when say im in a bomber killing troops and necro and gigga are protecting me.

Email Borgie
Animyx
Chief Marshal
Army Of Darkness

Posted: 2011-08-25 15:47   
dictors are fine as they are, and the "dico bug" as people call it should be left in, jumping into a dictor field is like shooting a bullet into a block of honey, yeah, your gonna stop, but you wont just hit the edge and stop dead from them kinda speeds, and the more mass you have, the further you will get inside the field...

Lock 'N' Load

Azure Prower
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2011-08-26 00:47   
Quote:

If this is the only changes you're making to the interdictor cruiser, then you've probably successfully killed off any use of it.

It's bad enough that it rewards nothing and is simply a support ship for the team.

Kenny_Naboo
Marshal
Pitch Black

Posted: 2011-08-26 01:04   
Quote:

Don't mess w the range yet, Jack.

Besides increasing energy costs, try adding a cooldown of 15 secs, and also preventing the cruiser from jumping while the dico is active.

Kaepora
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2011-08-26 02:00   
Quote:

On 2011-08-16 16:12, Talien wrote:
The only change that Interdictors need is prevent them from jumping while their own field is active, that in itself will solve a lot of the "fun wrecking" issues. And/or increase energy drain from an active field so they can't fly full speed for more than a minute or so while it's on.

This.

This.

A thousand times this.

Also give the interdictor gadget a 20 second cooldown to prevent "Hop and Stop" .

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 )
Page created in 0.020993 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR