Combat Kills

Combat kills in last 24 hours:
No kills today... yet.

Upcoming Events

Search

Anniversaries

14th - wolf420

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » Developer Feedback » » Suggestion: Jump Disruptors
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
 Author Suggestion: Jump Disruptors
Xavier I. Agamemnon
Grand Admiral
Exathra Alliance Fleet

Posted: 2011-08-16 20:14   
i think this would be better how about a jump disruptor as a gun in stead of a feild?

Xavier I. Agamemnon
CD/I.C.S Spartacus
HC/I.C.S Athena
CDD/I.C.S Achilles
Leader of the Exathra Alliance Fleet.

Email Xavier I. Agamemnon   Goto the website of Xavier I. Agamemnon
Phoebuzz
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2011-08-16 20:15   
While I'm cool with giving pres for dictoring, I don't think it's going to happen.

Quote:
On 2011-08-16 19:53, Crim wrote:
As stated above, if there is a dictor and it's a game changer in a fight, you kill that dictor. You do all you can to make sure that dictor leaves the fight as quickly as possible. Or if you know the enemy has a dictor, you don't go engage them without knowing you have an advantage.

As stated above, your 'solution' is the problem.

When there's a pop inbalance you can't fight against dictor, you're 4 players versus 11 and a dictor, good luck killing that dictor.
And just showing your presence will result in you losing prestige to an unavoidable death.

When population are balanced, then dictors are balanced because both sides can use them.

Quote:
3. Energy Drain For Dictors Should Be MASSIVE
I'm not talking about "Oh, I can still fly 20gu/s and be okay". I'm talk "Holy crap, I can only fly 15gu/s and not fire any weapons."

4. Reduce Armor for Dictors

Dictors can already only fly at 15gu/s while not fire any weapons if they don't want to bleed out energy.

And either increasing energy problems for dictors or reducing their armor would do nothing but make flying dictors even more unpleasant for the pilot while not significantly reducing their effectiveness.

Quote:
Well, removing or reducing dictor range is just a plain bad idea. It doesn't matter if it's a 'fun wrecker', since when has warfare ever been a fun thing?

Since it's a game?
Games should be fun, and while it's unavoidable that one side will end up losing, the game should be designed for the game to still be enjoyable when playing on the losing side, otherwise the losing side just leaves.

CM7
Midshipman
Faster than Light

Posted: 2011-08-16 20:49   
i find fighting on the loosing side is fun.

if not why the hell would i still be icc?

ive stated the only real problems indictors have. How to fix them? I dont know.

Azreal
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2011-08-16 21:16   
1. There isnt a dictor bug. The fact a ship can jump inside the interdictors field some is due to forward momentum. It isn't a wall, it's more like a net. In fact, that's what I always call them.

2. The interdictor is only a problem when you are outnumbered, or over classed. By over classed, I mean you have too many dreads. I actually totally agree with Borgie (suprise surprise!). People are STILL stuck on the idea that the biggest ship = win. I see it everyday, all day. Well, in this version, I think you are making a mistake not having a mixxed fleet.

3. See a dictor, and it should be target #1 if you can fire on it. If not, the best bet is for all ships to scatter in different directions, heading 180 degrees away from the dictor. He can only trap so many this way, and chances are, you will only lose 1 ship. Just pray it isnt you....

4. Changing dictor field to 500K will only make the dictor a completely nonviable ship. It would offer no protection for the dictor at all, which isn't very balanced, contrary to what you may think.

5. I find it funny for somebody who likes flying a dictor to whine about them.

Email Azreal   Goto the website of Azreal
Kenny_Naboo
Marshal
Pitch Black

Posted: 2011-08-16 21:24   
Quote:

On 2011-08-16 16:12, Talien wrote:
The only change that Interdictors need is prevent them from jumping while their own field is active, that in itself will solve a lot of the "fun wrecking" issues. And/or increase energy drain from an active field so they can't fly full speed for more than a minute or so while it's on.

Agree. Increase energy drain, and it shouldn't be able to jump in its own field.

Also.
- When a dictor is on, all ships in the field is affected, friend or foe. So a dico can work for or against you.

Phoebuzz
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2011-08-16 21:27   
Quote:
On 2011-08-16 21:16, Azreal wrote:
3. See a dictor, and it should be target #1 if you can fire on it. If not, the best bet is for all ships to scatter in different directions, heading 180 degrees away from the dictor. He can only trap so many this way, and chances are, you will only lose 1 ship. Just pray it isnt you....

So, a single enemy dictor results in your faction losing the battle because you all split up and get killed one by one?

Quote:
On 2011-08-16 21:16, Azreal wrote:
5. I find it funny for somebody who likes flying a dictor to whine about them.

I'm not whining about dictors. Do you even know what 'whining' means?
Anyway, I find it funny that so many players are not even able to understand how someone could both use something and comment on how it's too powerful in some situations.

Quote:

On 2011-08-16 21:24, Kenny_Naboo[+R] wrote:
Quote:

On 2011-08-16 16:12, Talien wrote:
The only change that Interdictors need is prevent them from jumping while their own field is active, that in itself will solve a lot of the "fun wrecking" issues. And/or increase energy drain from an active field so they can't fly full speed for more than a minute or so while it's on.

Agree. Increase energy drain, and it shouldn't be able to jump in its own field.

Also.
- When a dictor is on, all ships in the field is affected, friend or foe. So a dico can work for or against you.

I need to say this again:
Increasing energy drain would do NOTHING to fix dictors when they are too powerful. It would just make them weaker defensively and in smaller groups.
Lose/Lose
[ This Message was edited by: Phoebuzz on 2011-08-16 21:30 ]

Azreal
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2011-08-16 21:44   
scattering and regrouping is not losing a battle anymore than strategic retreat in real life is. This is how thousands of guerrilla fighters the world over have defeated larger, more organized armies. Fact of history.

And if planetary dictors do not effect friendly drives, than neither should ship based dictors. Flux waves fall into the same area, thus they were made to not effect allies either.

You have your own opinion, and you are hard pressed to keep it. So be it. Doesn't mean I or others have to agree.

Also, a scout can have the same effect on a group of cloaked 'Luth. Can completely nullify cloak and totally disrupt an attack. Are those to powerful as well?
[ This Message was edited by: Azreal on 2011-08-16 21:46 ]

Email Azreal   Goto the website of Azreal
Kenny_Naboo
Marshal
Pitch Black

Posted: 2011-08-16 23:04   

2 possibilities:

Maybe there should be 2 dico devices made available. The planetary type which doesn't trap friendly ship.

And the mobile cruiser type which disrupts all.

Or....
Remove dicos from planets completely and give them all a gravity well that stops all ships' JD within 750 to 1000 gus of the surface.

Then make the dictor a "stop all" device.

Phoebuzz
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2011-08-16 23:11   
Quote:

On 2011-08-16 23:04, Kenny_Naboo[+R] wrote:

2 possibilities:

Maybe there should be 2 dico devices made available. The planetary type which doesn't trap friendly ship.

Or....
Remove dicos from planets completely and give them all a gravity well that stops all ships' JD within 750 to 1000 gus of the surface.

From a gameplay perspective, that could work.

But dictor fields that affect friendlies would lead to so much griefing.
Players would disable planetary dictors so they can jump out (and even 'forget' to turn them back on.)
Interdictor cruisers would (voluntarily or not) end up preventing their own teammates from jumping out (to repair, to log, to escape imminent death, etc.)

$yTHe {C?}
Grand Admiral
Sundered Weimeriners

Posted: 2011-08-16 23:17   
Everytime this thread comes around it is a goldmine.

Kenny_Naboo
Marshal
Pitch Black

Posted: 2011-08-16 23:19   
Quote:

On 2011-08-16 23:11, Phoebuzz wrote:
Quote:

On 2011-08-16 23:04, Kenny_Naboo[+R] wrote:

2 possibilities:

Or....

From a gameplay perspective, that could work.

But dictor fields that affect friendlies would lead to so much griefing.
Players would disable planetary dictors so they can jump out (and even 'forget' to turn them back on.)
Interdictor cruisers would (voluntarily or not) end up preventing their own teammates from jumping out (to repair, to log, to escape imminent death, etc.)

The only problem I see would be the griefing. But that can be /report'ed.

As for preventing your own teammates from escaping, well, that's a tactical decision isn't it?
To dico or not to dico, that is the question.

CM7
Midshipman
Faster than Light

Posted: 2011-08-17 00:42   
oh for the love of....

LEAVE DICTORS ALONE! They are fine!

what makes them not ok is lack of general will to fight against them or even try, leading to a "fine ill log out mentality", and the fact no one ever seems to field one unless they have numbers advantage.

there are also some broken enhancment combos you can throw on them to make it a pain in the arse to fight... but thats not a phenominon limited to the indictor...
[ This Message was edited by: *XO*Defiance{CM7} on 2011-08-17 00:43 ]

Azure Prower
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2011-08-17 03:19   
I say we remove jump drives, problem solved!

Gejaheline
Fleet Admiral
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2011-08-17 07:04   
I'm sure I gave some pointers on how to make good suggestions somewhere...

Since the original suggestion is a bit light on details and/or reasoning, I'll only spend about three seconds giving input:

1: Why?

2: Personally, I think interdictors are fine aside from their notable survivability due to their mobility. By the time you catch up with them, their jumpdrive is recharged and they can make a short jump away from you and then fly away from you at high speed, making it difficult for smaller ships (which should be good against them, unlike dreads, stations, and to a limited extent cruisers) to inflict decent amounts of damage, particularly since the interdictor can evade incoming fire quite happily at longer ranges. I'd suggest increasing the energy drain of the interdictor so that has to slow down a bit, but aside from that I've got no issues with it.

HDryder
1st Rear Admiral

Posted: 2011-08-17 08:36   
I say just put the dictor on dessies!

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
Page created in 0.024818 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR