No kills today... yet.

Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
04/27/24 +7.4 Hours

Search

Anniversaries

No anniversaries today.

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » Developer Feedback » » Suggestion; Actual ship size balance
 Author Suggestion; Actual ship size balance
CM7
Midshipman
Faster than Light

Posted: 2011-08-17 21:31   

There are simular size differences from frigate to ugto frigate, and Mk77 carrier to ugto cruiser

Jim Starluck
Taelron had a project going for awhile to increase the size of ship models to better match those recognition charts that've been floating around for years. It sorta went on hiatus; I think the ICC Destroyer model was the last one he did.

Tael
The issue was caused by the original models all being modeled on different scales. So no simple modifier was available, the only way to figure it out is to import a proper size model (ie a box in the right scale) and rescale the model till it matches.
We can go through and fix the scaling, ICC was done first, Pirates should have been built at scale. It wouldnt take to long to fix the rest.

I looked at the models last night and it wont take long to fix the scaling...

Right now the UGTO Cruisers are at scale 1.30 and need to be at 1.45 like the ICC cruisers are.
That not the issue, what is is after we fix the scaling, we then need to go back in and realign each of the devices, namely the engine exhausts and weapons points so things still match up. that part is time consuming

Pantheon
We can scale the ships using the Resourcer, which requires no re-texturing or editing of the original model .

Defiance
Honestly, you guys have done more than enough to make 1.67 the best release ive ever seen.

Scaling is such a non issue, i wont mind if it dont make it into 1.67.
Im just happy the whole dev team knows that it is the way it is. Im sure you guys will get around to making it right eventually.

overall im Super happy with the work you guys have done. And i have to keep reminding myself your all doing it for free! Hats off to your devotion.
Thanks guys.

Is this still in the pipe? There are some balance issues tied in with this that, for obvous reasons, are a bit one sided at the moment.

Kluth ships arent on scale with ICC or UGTO either, but they are supposed to be bigger right?

The withstanding issues are;

1. this makes ICC's manuverability advantage mute becouse of ugto's ability to dodge fire due to smaller hitbox.

2. our ability to pd, pulse missiles is matched by ugto's ability to outright dodge them.

Thanks.
Defiance

[ This Message was edited by: *XO*Defiance{CM7} on 2011-08-17 21:55 ]

Kenny_Naboo
Marshal
Pitch Black

Posted: 2011-08-18 03:14   

+1

I hope they get the scaling right soon too.
For me it's abt aesthetics. And also the hitboxes.

Page created in 0.005990 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR