No kills today... yet.

Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
05/04/24 +6.3 Days

Search

Anniversaries

14th - wolf420

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » Developer Feedback » » ICC shield tech
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 )
 Author ICC shield tech
Pantheon
Marshal
Palestar

Posted: 2011-08-22 12:03   
ICC shields are fine. ICC as a faction is fine.

All of you are making this out to be way, way, way more than it is.

[ML]RogueAvengerTTV
Marshal

Posted: 2011-08-22 12:43   
Quote:

On 2011-08-22 12:03, Pantheon wrote:

no offence but if theres so many people thinking this are we all wrong?

Email [ML]RogueAvengerTTV
MarineKingPrime
Marshal
Exathra Alliance Fleet

Posted: 2011-08-22 13:21   
Quote:

On 2011-08-22 12:03, Pantheon wrote:

lol
we're not saying icc isn't bad right now. ugto is just way, way better than us.
this topic initially started with with complaints about icc shields because UGTO was just so much better than us.

Quote:
After all, ICC has been close to dead for nealy 3 years now. At some point, they will have to listen.

even if ICC reaches a playercount of 0, they don't have to listen. i mean, the game will die, but its all in the game's best interests, right?

alright, I really, really want to say something. when 1.67 was first released, ICC's playercount exploded in comparison to the other factions. I'm willing to bet that most of ICC's players came back because they wanted to see ICC unsucked again. once a "hotfix" was declared, the playercount dropped down to the usual, almost dead playercount that ICC has now.
[ This Message was edited by: darksmaster923 (3IC) on 2011-08-22 13:40 ]

CM7
Midshipman
Faster than Light

Posted: 2011-08-22 14:01   
if icc is fine, then kluth and ugto are not.

As stated befor, there is nearly no situation that its ok to deploy dreads as icc.

UGTO and kluth deploy dreads unchecked. If we do so we will quickly loose our range advantage, and be forced to kife fight with ugto/kluth. At those ranges burst damage and burst defense reign supream. ICC falls short of UGTO in burst offense and burst defense, and short of Kluth in burst offence. Kluth's burst offense is such that it overcomes our burst defense.

So yea, ICC is fine as long as we stay out of dreads. Were used to fighting with one hand behind our back anyway. Pre 670 it was ICC stay out of stations. Now its ICC stay out of stations and dreads. Next were going to be locked into destroyers and all the while, you will say were fine.

Yes. Alot of ICC are getting fed up and just leaving.

Backy, how yould you like it if your faction was going through this.... just kindly put yourself in my shoes for a second.
[ This Message was edited by: *XO*Defiance{CM7} on 2011-08-22 14:09 ]

Squishton
Marshal

Posted: 2011-08-22 15:00   
For some reason when I first saw the title of this thread, I thought it was going to be about planetary shields.

Due to the fact that I have no statistical information about this game, I believe that the best way to make everyone happy is to give K'Luth weapons that can kill anything instantly, ICC defences that can defend against anything indefinately, and UGTO get both.

In conclusion, I believe that the best way to balance the game is to make absolutly everything incredebly over powered.

Thank you and have a good day.

Pakhos[+R]
Chief Marshal
Pitch Black

Posted: 2011-08-22 15:34   
Quote:

On 2011-08-22 14:01, *XO*Defiance{CM7} wrote:

Backy, how yould you like it if your faction was going through this.... just kindly put yourself in my shoes for a second.

Your shoes smell bad.

Lithium
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2011-08-22 16:11   
Why do I rarely see ICC ships use DEFENSE enhancements?
90% of UGTO ships use them, and even K'luth uses defense enhancements.
48% boost is much higher than hotfix.

CM7
Midshipman
Faster than Light

Posted: 2011-08-22 16:17   
should not have to equip enh just to put us on the level with others.

Rebellion
Marshal
Faster than Light

Posted: 2011-08-22 16:31   
Quote:

On 2011-08-22 16:11, Lithium wrote:
Why do I rarely see ICC ships use DEFENSE enhancements?
90% of UGTO ships use them, and even K'luth uses defense enhancements.
48% boost is much higher than hotfix.

*I* use defense enhancements on almost all of my ships.

\"War does not decide who is right, but who is left\"
\"I stopped fighting my inner demons we're on the same side now\"

µOmniVore
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2011-08-22 16:57   
I would accept an increase to icc shield resistances vs all weapon types and maybe make icc ships faster than the other factions.

Why? - how are we supposed to stay at range when 1. k'luth have Ame drives which can out pace a stock ship, and 2. UGTO natural ability to tank damage and the fact that you can point jump makes a supposed ranged faction usless. i would also favor a 10-15% increase in Stock icc weapons so we can use our range. if we are attacking some one we only have about a 5sec speed gap of fire to cause enough damage to an enemy ship.

What we as ICC players we want balance back, We were all happy when the current patch was first released, I said in another topic that the UGTO were going to complain about their disadvantage, and i also saw an ICC nerf comming but why not revert to the previous changes for the icc while addressing the UGTO armor issues, currently the ICC have to spend loads of credits on weapon enhancements to keep up with what should be stock damage rates.

As others have said previously these unbalancing changes are running people away people who could be buying enhancements and suggesting the game to other people.

Please listen to us.

Email µOmniVore
Pantheon
Marshal
Palestar

Posted: 2011-08-22 17:14   
Quote:

On 2011-08-22 16:17, *XO*Defiance{CM7} wrote:

If you expect to be able to go toe-to-toe with a kitted out ship, with nothing but stock ships, you are very much mistaken.

Lithium is right - ICC, 90% of the time, just wack damage enh on their ships. I have lost count how many times K'Luth and UGTO players have laughed at ICC pilots for not using defence enhancements.
[ This Message was edited by: Pantheon on 2011-08-22 17:15 ]

Rebellion
Marshal
Faster than Light

Posted: 2011-08-22 17:29   
Quote:

On 2011-08-22 17:14, Pantheon wrote:
Quote:

On 2011-08-22 16:17, *XO*Defiance{CM7} wrote:

If you expect to be able to go toe-to-toe with a kitted out ship, with nothing but stock ships, you are very much mistaken.

That was not what he was saying, we shouldent have to put enhancements to fight stock uggie or luth ships

Enough of this off topic rambleing, were not discussing enhancements.

\"War does not decide who is right, but who is left\"
\"I stopped fighting my inner demons we're on the same side now\"

-xTc- ExisT
Chief Marshal
Army Of Darkness

Posted: 2011-08-22 17:47   
My opinion is this version is all about tactics. Not just player tactics, but fleet tactics. TRUE fleet teamwork wins, not the ship, not the balance of shipA vs shipB, fleet tactics. Thats what this game is supposed to be, and thats what it is now. Most players havent realized this. K'Luth can be pretty decent in different cruisers working togehter and be able to evade damage easier while cloaked, but we fly dreads anyway. UGTO says all their ships suck but they too are decent when in a diverse fleet. ICC need to field the most amount of diverse ships in a fleet and stick to passive tactics, not just spam combat dessies imo.

Yes, i agree ugto is overpowered and should have that def boost taken away or lowered, but icc vs luth is good and icc vs ugto is actually not that bad either if icc plays right tactics.

Granted, i hardly know anything when it comes to playing ICC, but I think ICC should field a dictor with every fleet they field.This negates pointjumping and this forces ugto into small ships and to play at range, which ICC excells at and given enough time, icc will eventually win. Of course, there is the problem of being able to jump 600gu into a dictor field due to lag atm.

ADmiraLMaXimus (Bringer of Doom)
Chief Marshal
Praetorian Wolves

Posted: 2011-08-22 18:25   
How about this:

ICC ships get 1 Shield Generator
they should be able to keep flash power to the shields automatically
allowing them to last a little longer by instantly transfering power to all shield arcs in order to keep them at 100%. Ergo the shield gens would then get drained and have to recharge completely to be usefull again,
say one and a half desent alphas from any elite class dread would drain the shield gens completely then the ICC Dread would begin to lose sheild stength as it is in game now. Basically give the defence faction proper defence capability.

just like the jd has to recharge the shield gen once used has to recharge and can not be used to energize shields until fully charged so they would pretty much only be good for the first strike event then its same as usual and the ship needs twice the time as a jd to recharge shield gens.

just an idea

Email ADmiraLMaXimus (Bringer of Doom)
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 )
Page created in 0.192666 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR