No kills today... yet.

Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
04/27/24 Now

Search

Anniversaries

No anniversaries today.

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » Developer Feedback » » ICC shield tech
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 Next Page )
 Author ICC shield tech
jimjimjaroo
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2011-08-21 06:48   
Quote:

On 2011-08-21 06:36, HakkeTak wrote:
scrap icc shields
give em +50% weapon strenght
lets see about that

or we can scrap most of the weapons on an icc station, give it more shields, a build drone, supply drone, and AoE, give it some more pd(almost forgot about DC. put that on there too) and make it a type of a missle "destroyer"(but how aften do you see ugto and kluth spamming missles. its just an idea though.)
EDIT: ok i just realized that i went off topic. like alot. i've got a little carried away.
[ This Message was edited by: jimjim578 on 2011-08-21 07:10 ]

Pantheon
Marshal
Palestar

Posted: 2011-08-21 07:23   
ICC shields won't be changed. They have 70% of the hp of UGTO standard armor, but regenerate much much faster. They are fine as is.

Whiterin
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2011-08-21 08:54   
Quote:

On 2011-08-21 07:23, Pantheon wrote:
ICC shields won't be changed. They have 70% of the hp of UGTO standard armor, but regenerate much much faster. They are fine as is.

It's kinda not though... The recharge doesn't help THAT much in battle the way it is now... and UGTO have FAR stronger weapons then us AND better armor...

Panduh
Grand Admiral
Pitch Black

Posted: 2011-08-21 09:44   
Quote:

On 2011-08-21 08:54, Whiterin wrote:
Quote:

It's kinda not though... The recharge doesn't help THAT much in battle the way it is now... and UGTO have FAR stronger weapons then us AND better armor...

I'm going to go out on a limb here and say that since the topic at hand is arc durability, the thing that will be of most help to you in battle is TACTICS.

Shield rotation basically gives you 400% total hp, since all of that %shield can simply be rotated to where it needs to go. Especially in one-on-one engagements, where three arcs can be left to regenerate while one takes hits, etc, etc, or shield HP can be shunted to arcs not taking hits to preserve shields regenerated, etc etc. Energy management is 50% shield management.

In cases where you're outnumbered, just run.

So if you are complaining about recharge not being great, think again.

CM7
Midshipman
Faster than Light

Posted: 2011-08-21 11:47   
as stated befor, ICC shields are fine..

what could probably use a touch up is,

we were given a 10% boost in damage to our torps just like everyone else... Then later they -10% damage all our weapons.

im assuming this affected torps too? Anyway, ive noticed ICC torps doing bonkers (low) ammount of damage.

When you factor in how hard torpedos are to use, and how easily they are evaded, seems to me that they should be more powerful. (harpex missile and torp damage switch?) then give them a minimum fire distance so you cant just point blank someone. ~100gu?

As for shields, there are a bunch of different things you can do as the pilot to make them far better.

if your just spawning standard layout ships and not rotating.. id say your about 25% effective with ICC.

if you have standard layouts and are rotating, maby your 50% effective.

there are tricks to be much more defensive. go experiment.

[ This Message was edited by: *XO*Defiance{CM7} on 2011-08-21 11:49 ]

µOmniVore
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2011-08-21 12:36   
You people are nuts if you think that ICC shields work.

it is far easier to hull ICC ships EVEN with shield rotation.

Also i though shields had 90% hp or armor and if it is 70% then that is total BS. Shields should be 1 :1 for armor but armor should have greater resistances to all damage to compensate for shields ability to reinforce a particular arcs.

Star trek Online has shield rotation perfected you get an initial boost to a specific arc then if more is needed you drain it from other shields. in this game you drain 4% from every arc for a 10% boost to a specific arc.

This game would be much better if beams wasn't the end all weapons they are now.

ICC shields fair well against Cannons Torps and core weapons.
But beams slice through them insanely fast and you don't see that happening to armor. i would suggest lowering the time beams are active as a means to balance the factions against the ICC.

Email µOmniVore
Talien
Marshal
Templar Knights

Posted: 2011-08-21 12:54   
It's 70% now because UGTO got that armor buff.

CM7
Midshipman
Faster than Light

Posted: 2011-08-21 13:10   
im not nuts.

shields are fine.

what you are exp, the other two factions have to deal with too.

difference is, we have tricks we can use to overcome, they dont.

SpaceAdmiral
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2011-08-21 14:36   
Quote:

On 2011-08-21 08:54, Whiterin wrote:
Quote:

Do you know how long a cdessie or hc can last in the hands of a good player? If they didn't have ammo shield regen could make them last forever.

Rebellion
Marshal
Faster than Light

Posted: 2011-08-21 16:52   
Quote:

On 2011-08-20 15:43, Azreal wrote:
rely on jump drive and not shields or armor. U will die far less....

yes this is quite easy to figure out, what i think hes trying to say is considering that ICC is the "DEFENSIVE" faction ICC should have shields that (in his words) are not like wet paper.

ICC shields are fine, we can live with them but i dont think its the way ICC should be id rather have less powerful weapons and a much better defense (more shields)

i bet we will get 4 more posts until jack locks this

[ This Message was edited by: Rebellion *XO2* on 2011-08-21 18:57 ]

\"War does not decide who is right, but who is left\"
\"I stopped fighting my inner demons we're on the same side now\"

Xavier I. Agamemnon
Grand Admiral
Exathra Alliance Fleet

Posted: 2011-08-21 17:02   
i think sheilds are jest fine. i dont have a problum with them. it jest there armor buff that sucks. or it the damige nerf.

Xavier I. Agamemnon
CD/I.C.S Spartacus
HC/I.C.S Athena
CDD/I.C.S Achilles
Leader of the Exathra Alliance Fleet.

Email Xavier I. Agamemnon   Goto the website of Xavier I. Agamemnon
Rebel Retribution
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2011-08-21 19:10   
so basically we get the crappiest weapons, and mediocre defense (kluth armor might have more hp than shields, definately more than reactives) for the ability to regenerate? (which kluth also have, but hey, they have insane weapons)

Sounds balanced

Email Rebel Retribution
Nax
Marshal

Posted: 2011-08-21 19:28   
Ya'll know you can manually toggle individual shields into defense mode, right? Just throwing a hint out on how to get the most out of your advantages...

Just some tactical thoughts from my own flying:

Slow down when you don't have a specific advantage you need from moving.

Watch your power constantly and use defense mode selectively and surgically.

If you're not hitting your target, why are you firing and wasthing energy? You can always fire a single weapon at a time by manually selecting them if you'd like to keep your target hopping.

CM7
Midshipman
Faster than Light

Posted: 2011-08-21 20:54   
the only issue i have with our defense/offense is UGTO ablative armor.

the 20%hp boost of ablative armor, coupled with a +10% boost in ugto weapons, and a -10% to ICC weapons has left a HUGE gap in icc's defensive/offensive capability when compared to UGTO.

in single combat with a ablative moded ugto ship (not even counting a full defense upgraded version) is far better than its ICC counterpart. ICC's ammo restrictions alone will seal our fate.

The only thing that keeps ugto and specialized armor in check is the unknown. UGTO pilots never know what they will be facing on the battlefield. This to me is not sufficient balance for a mechanism so powerful, that it totally negates a factions advantages.

When shields were boosted to having 25% resistances to damage types, it was quickly taken away. Staff's response was, "It is not balanced that a factions defense can totally negate the main type of damage another faction puts out." I don’t remember your exact line backslash.. But it was something to that effect.

The best way to ensure ugto die, is to have an indictor and a supply ship (for ammo) in your fleet. With the rate at which we break ugto's defenses, its a slow painful death, and not a very pleasant experience. No one wants to know they are dead 5, 10, 15, minutes before it happens.

Yes. In this way, i concur, UGTO have better defense, and offence than ICC.
The issue though, is not ICC shields. Its UGTO's absurd defense.

Depot fix has a large number of UGTO in shock about their inability to tank damage like they could before. Even a large number of pre-depot spam vets seem to have forgotten what the game was like before the exploitive repair system. This has given rise to an idea among UGTO that they should be the defensive faction.

Yes, I stated above that ICC shields have the potential to surpass UGTO’s defenses through regeneration. My views were limited to small ship combat, where the luxury of time is on your side. Where behemoth combat is concerned, burst damage, and burst defense reign supreme. ICC’s burst damage and burst defense are far inferior to UGTO in this regard.

µOmniVore
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2011-08-21 22:40   
Quote:

On 2011-08-21 20:54, *XO*Defiance{CM7} wrote:
the only issue i have with our defense/offense is UGTO ablative armor.

the 20%hp boost of ablative armor, coupled with a +10% boost in UGTO weapons, and a -10% to ICC weapons has left a HUGE gap in icc's defensive/offensive capability when compared to UGTO.

in single combat with a ablative modded UGTO ship (not even counting a full defense upgraded version) is far better than its ICC counterpart. ICC's ammo restrictions alone will seal our fate.

The only thing that keeps UGTO and specialized armor in check is the unknown. UGTO pilots never know what they will be facing on the battlefield. This to me is not sufficient balance for a mechanism so powerful, that it totally negates a factions advantages.

When shields were boosted to having 25% resistances to damage types, it was quickly taken away. Staff's response was, "It is not balanced that a factions defense can totally negate the main type of damage another faction puts out." I don’t remember your exact line backslash.. But it was something to that effect.

The best way to ensure UGTO die, is to have an interdictor and a supply ship (for ammo) in your fleet. With the rate at which we break ugto's defenses, its a slow painful death, and not a very pleasant experience. No one wants to know they are dead 5, 10, 15, minutes before it happens.

Yes. In this way, i concur, UGTO have better defense, and offense than ICC.
The issue though, is not ICC shields. Its UGTO's absurd defense.

Depot fix has a large number of UGTO in shock about their inability to tank damage like they could before. Even a large number of pre-depot spam vets seem to have forgotten what the game was like before the exploitive repair system. This has given rise to an idea among UGTO that they should be the defensive faction.

Yes, I stated above that ICC shields have the potential to surpass UGTO’s defenses through regeneration. My views were limited to small ship combat, where the luxury of time is on your side. Where behemoth combat is concerned, burst damage, and burst defense reign supreme. ICC’s burst damage and burst defense are far inferior to UGTO in this regard.

+1 to this argument

Also we need to push for ICC shield resistances back, it is unfair that a dev can cry and screw over one faction cause he/she can't adapt to the changes that they pushed for. I would love to see the ICC reverted back to how they were when the patch went live also allowing the UGTO to keep their changes as it stands right now you are gonna continue to see ICC QQ topics about the imbalance in this game.

and this was as i predicted UGTO QQ for one week and ICC gets nerfed i hope Faustus is reading these topics to see how the community (ICC in particular) are unhappy with the 1.670 hot fix AKA the ICC nerf patch.

[ This Message was edited by: µOmniVore on 2011-08-21 22:42 ]

Email µOmniVore
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 Next Page )
Page created in 0.024069 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR