No kills today... yet.

Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
05/04/24 +6.2 Days

Search

Anniversaries

14th - wolf420

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » Developer Feedback » » ICC shield tech
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 Next Page )
 Author ICC shield tech
DubStep Santa
Marshal

Posted: 2011-08-22 01:36   
i really feel for the icc players, and its sad that the devs will simply ignore this and say they are in the right, this game belongs to its playerbase not the devs, the players are what keeps this game alive there ideas should be listened to there are devs that i do think highly of here, and i am aware this is something they do in there spare time but doing crap like this is just stupid.

fix the game, give icc there crap back dont nerf them cause ugto players forgot how to play there faction.

NUTS

Email DubStep Santa
Fatal Afro Man *NCO*
Marshal
Fatal Squadron

Posted: 2011-08-22 03:34   
ICC Shields are fine. You just have to be a good pilot to use ICC ships. One thing i think would be neat is to have the option to switch out pulse shields for a burst shield gen that gives us say +20% on all shield arcs with a huge cooldown and probably high energy drain.

[ML]RogueAvengerTTV
Marshal

Posted: 2011-08-22 04:09   
[/quote]

yes this is quite easy to figure out, what i think hes trying to say is considering that ICC is the "DEFENSIVE" faction ICC should have shields that (in his words) are not like wet paper.

[/quote]

Quote:

On 2011-08-22 03:34, Fatal Afro Man *TO* wrote:
ICC Shields are fine. You just have to be a good pilot to use ICC ships. One thing i think would be neat is to have the option to switch out pulse shields for a burst shield gen that gives us say +20% on all shield arcs with a huge cooldown and probably high energy drain.

this is what i mean icc are the defence faction but at the moment have to "jump away to live" which in my eyes isnt very defencive i also like fatal's idea because no offence the pulse sheild is ridiculos compared to being able to cloak or drop hull by 20% or so with one button i think mabye reinvent the icc special weapon with:

Magnetic power surge device [ MPSD ]
Routes emergancy power to ships shield genorators by causeing a magnetic overload in the ships aux genorators

suggested effects :
Pro
recharge ships shields instantly by 25-50% (dependant on the ammout of aux gens on the ship)
(not sure if this would be possible but mabye the suport staion could give out an aoe affect of this device instead of it being use for its self)
*mabye give a boost to power by like 20-30 points*

Cons
cause aux gens on the ship to be put offline for 5-10 seconds (in affect this causes a major energy drain as your not regaing power from then if you continue to fire)
have a cool down rate mabye 10 seconds longer than the flux
mabye make it damge the taycon drive by 1% so that this is a mesure to stay in battle or jump away and use as i belive 1% wont take that long to repair but could be annoying

Email [ML]RogueAvengerTTV
Azreal
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2011-08-22 04:37   
the only thing to do is vote with your feet. If you really think ICC shields have made anything larger than a cruiser stupid to use, and your pleas are falling on deaf ears, all you can do is try a new faction. It will have the benefit of keeping you interested in the game, and if the faction becomes a ghost town, than I would guess something would have to be done.

After all, ICC has been close to dead for nealy 3 years now. At some point, they will have to listen.

Email Azreal   Goto the website of Azreal
Iwancoppa
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2011-08-22 04:54   
Solution for ICC: Half weapon damage. yep, halve it.

50% resistances.

If ICC is the defensive faction, GIVE THEM DEFENCE THAT HAS A PROPPER NAME!!

Defence isnt Wet paper towel. Defence is Inpenetrable shield!

Atm ICC is like UGTO but weakened.

***Anything ICC can do, UGTO can do better.***

Iwancoppa
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2011-08-22 04:57   
Quote:

On 2011-08-22 04:54, iwancoppa wrote:
Solution for ICC: Half weapon damage. yep, halve it.

50% resistances.

If ICC is the defensive faction, GIVE THEM DEFENCE THAT HAS A PROPPER NAME!!

Defence isnt Wet paper towel. Defence is Inpenetrable shield!

Atm ICC is like UGTO but weakened.

***Anything ICC can do, UGTO can do better.***

I mean, look at this:

ICC weapons damage reduced by 10%
UGTO increased by 10%
UGTO armor (ablative) up by 20%

Thus, due to this ICC has a 40% battle disadvantage. FORTY PER ONE HUNDRED.

Do the UGTO devs call this balanced? no. Does any half sane, normal dev call this balanced? NO!

Scream tactics or range or wahtever, you know that its unfair, unbalanced, unfun and downright backstabbing the entire ICC community.

Congratulations on putting the final nail in the coffin for ICC.

CM7
Midshipman
Faster than Light

Posted: 2011-08-22 05:23   
guys... all your personal attacks and outcries about the dev team is going to land on deaf ears, and get this thread locked.

I still stand by ICC is fine. Its UGTO that is not. Any buffs to ICC would throw off ICC/kluth balance.

Again, getting all emotional about it (though sometimes i feel like screaming myself) is not helping the problem.

Be constructive and respectful.

Iwancoppa
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2011-08-22 05:31   
Those ears wont be deaf when 1, maybe 2/3 of the game is dead.

CM7
Midshipman
Faster than Light

Posted: 2011-08-22 05:35   
honestly... Iwana...

ICC has been through much worse than this... game is still here.

ICC definatly dont make up 2/3 of the player base...

The problem is minute. I myself have been doing just fine in MV. Know how? I keep my arse out of dreads! SHOCKING!!! i know!!!!

The problem is not un-workable... its just annoying.

*edit; Deleted off topic comments.*
[ This Message was edited by: *XO*Defiance{CM7} on 2011-08-22 05:41 ]

Whiterin
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2011-08-22 05:40   
Quote:

On 2011-08-22 05:31, iwancoppa wrote:
Those ears wont be deaf when 1, maybe 2/3 of the game is dead.

It already kinda is. There are only a few people playing ICC still... and most of them will probably leave soon if things don't improve in some way or another. I really do wish more people played the game, all around.

Azreal
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2011-08-22 07:00   
Quote:

On 2011-08-22 05:23, *XO*Defiance{CM7} wrote:

I still stand by ICC is fine. Its UGTO that is not. Any buffs to ICC would throw off ICC/kluth balance.

First, three days ago I saw two Luth dreads (a mandy and a siphon) take on two ICC dreads (CD and AD), and the luth can pour enough fire into 1 dread to kill it in a few alphas each, leaving it a very fast two vs 1. That isn't balanced. I still don't see what it is that is supposed to make the 'Luth a hit and RUN faction. I don't see the run part happening. This observation was the icing on the cake for me, and the reason you don't see me much on ICC anymore.

Secondly, when the damages were tested in beta prior to the changes being arbitrarily made, the tests were done in such a way that UGTO was kept at a distance, thus negating their close range derps. When the UGTO was in the ICC's face, the UGTO won every time. (dont start on me, I have the chat loggs to back this up!) In the MV, this is not how the game is played. UGTO will get in your face same as luth will. ICC has to maintain distance in order to be competitive AT ALL, which means playing in a dictor field at a planet, something I thought we were trying to remedy.

Thirdly, before the other two factions adjusted to the new changes, ICC got the nerf. UGTO hadnt adjusted to not tanking at planets, and K'Luth had not yet learned to deal with the non-armor repping AHR. They whinned and got their changes without being told exactly what ICC is now being told: learn to deal with it, it isn't being changed.

Im sorry, but I dont see this balance which other speak of, unless ICC isnt supposed to ever field a dread. If that is the case, then remove them from the game.

This isn't an emotional anything, I'm just tired of the back and forth with half assed information.

Kenny_Naboo
Marshal
Pitch Black

Posted: 2011-08-22 07:26   
Quote:

On 2011-08-22 07:00, Azreal wrote:
and the luth can pour enough fire into 1 dread to kill it in a few alphas each, leaving it a very fast two vs 1

That's the Kluth playstyle.

If both dreads went 1 on 1 separately, then those would be 2 dumb Kluths. And they would lose.

Azreal
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2011-08-22 07:37   
yet two ICC dreads firing at 1 luth dread didnt do hul damage, so pail.

Thernhoghas
Grand Admiral
Exathra Alliance Fleet

Posted: 2011-08-22 07:54   
Quote:

First, three days ago I saw two Luth dreads (a mandy and a siphon) take on two ICC dreads (CD and AD), and the luth can pour enough fire into 1 dread to kill it in a few alphas each, leaving it a very fast two vs 1. That isn't balanced. I still don't see what it is that is supposed to make the 'Luth a hit and RUN faction. I don't see the run part happening. This observation was the icing on the cake for me, and the reason you don't see me much on ICC anymore.

Secondly, when the damages were tested in beta prior to the changes being arbitrarily made, the tests were done in such a way that UGTO was kept at a distance, thus negating their close range derps. When the UGTO was in the ICC's face, the UGTO won every time. (dont start on me, I have the chat loggs to back this up!) In the MV, this is not how the game is played. UGTO will get in your face same as luth will. ICC has to maintain distance in order to be competitive AT ALL, which means playing in a dictor field at a planet, something I thought we were trying to remedy.

Thirdly, before the other two factions adjusted to the new changes, ICC got the nerf. UGTO hadnt adjusted to not tanking at planets, and K'Luth had not yet learned to deal with the non-armor repping AHR. They whinned and got their changes without being told exactly what ICC is now being told: learn to deal with it, it isn't being changed.

Im sorry, but I dont see this balance which other speak of, unless ICC isnt supposed to ever field a dread. If that is the case, then remove them from the game.

This isn't an emotional anything, I'm just tired of the back and forth with half assed information.

THIS.

I tested 1.670 when it was in beta.
I couldn't test much because of me having not much free time back then, but I tested it.
Nearly nobody amongst the whiners tested 1.670 in beta. They knew what was coming, but they didn't prepare themselves.
I was only able to do some smaller 1 on 1- or 1 vs AI-tests, but I tested and gave critic (which was almost always postive and never more than 5 words at once )

It is really exactly as Az said:
nearly all UGTO vs. ICC tests at range were won by ICC
in nearly all UGTO vs. ICC tests in which UGTO got close up, UGTO won

but there were by far more tests in which both stay at range, so... (I assume you can think the rest of this on your own )

and this ICC/K'Luth balance people are talking about; I can only see it in ICC-AI/K'Luth-AI fights; there the K'Luth don't know when to cloak or hide, which is the only reason those fights are balanced

That is basically the main reason why I'm almost never in MV anymore.
In scen, there is a calmer atmosphere. There isn't the permanent fear of a K'Luth dread decloaking behind you anytime they want (apart from the last hour of the few scens in which K'Luth are playable) and most players don't seek PvP all the time.

[ This Message was edited by: Thernhoghas (RO) on 2011-08-22 11:27 ]

Rebellion
Marshal
Faster than Light

Posted: 2011-08-22 11:07   
Quote:

Quote:

On 2011-08-22 05:23, *XO*Defiance{CM7} wrote:

This is exactly how most of us feel about it

+5

\"War does not decide who is right, but who is left\"
\"I stopped fighting my inner demons we're on the same side now\"

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 Next Page )
Page created in 0.021840 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR