No kills today... yet.

Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
03/30/24 +1.6 Days

Search

Anniversaries

21th - Doran

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » English (General) » » Suggestion: Helpers.
 Author Suggestion: Helpers.
pawnerz
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2011-08-22 14:10   
I see new players joining daily, with many questions so i figured that we could some kind of system up to help them.

People can volunteer to help the new players, they could possibly need X Game time or such.

New players have a mark next to there name ingame/lobby, or some kind of sign to show they are new.

Helpers could be marked with a H or symbol to show new players they are there.

Some sort of special chat /help chat or something, which they can communicate through.

Not very detailed i know, but i think this could be helpful
If you have any ideas in which i could add to this, post and il add it.

New players should be spawned in Sag, in which players can help them...insted of them spawning in a home server and getting bored to death.

The helper also needs something, its quite annoying if they are helping a new guy and 3 dreads jump and pop him in the middle of replying to the new players question, prehaps a non-pvp thing..
[ This Message was edited by: Marshal pawnerZ {Rockstar!} on 2011-08-22 14:55 ]

MarineKingPrime
Marshal
Exathra Alliance Fleet

Posted: 2011-08-22 14:19   
i still say newbies should be spawned in sag, becuase players there can help them.

Doran
Chief Marshal
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2011-08-22 14:21   
no, they will be kill by deamons

CM7
Midshipman
Faster than Light

Posted: 2011-08-22 14:25   
yea well SOMETHING needs to be done. You loose people by the droves because they spawn out there and never find anyone or anything.

at least link coms with sag and noob server so that when a noob manages to call out, his voice is heard.

Nekatil
1st Rear Admiral
Team Germany

Posted: 2011-08-22 22:54   
a tutorial
suggested here: http://www.darkspace.net/index.htm?module=forums.php&page=/viewtopic.php?topic=51471&forum=1&12

about that "spawn in sag"-thing, it has also been suggested some time ago
http://www.darkspace.net/index.htm?module=forums.php&page=/viewtopic.php?topic=51367&forum=36&24

and i'm searching a post, posted a year ago (or so) :
someone suggested that some players should get a "newbie helper" status with extra icon in lobby

Whiterin
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2011-08-22 23:33   
I must admit that the introduction to the game is not very... inviting. I think a better introduction, tutorial, and making new players more aware of the main system would be a good idea. It would make the transition into a new game much easier for new players. A lot of players may come, try out the game, then just forget about it... because it wouldn't seem very interesting.

Necrotic
Chief Marshal
Pitch Black

Posted: 2011-08-23 01:00   
its actually not a bad idea. its called a mentoring system. almost every game has a similar system in some way.

No matter how hard they have tried. They havnt figured out how to nerf skill yet :P

Iwancoppa
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2011-08-23 02:10   
If they want the game to have any decent playerbase/payerbase, they need to sort out the huge balance isues. then we can think about helping new players..

NoBoDx
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2011-08-23 04:53   
in eve-online, there is a global help channel where everyone can ask questions/give answers

-Shadowalker-™
Admiral
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2011-08-23 08:23   
how about someone reforms DarkSpace Academy.. then just stick a *DSA* on the end of your name or sometin...

Email -Shadowalker-™
Xavier I. Agamemnon
Grand Admiral
Exathra Alliance Fleet

Posted: 2011-08-23 09:13   
well it needs something to help newbes. i keep telling them to go to scenario.

Xavier I. Agamemnon
CD/I.C.S Spartacus
HC/I.C.S Athena
CDD/I.C.S Achilles
Leader of the Exathra Alliance Fleet.

Email Xavier I. Agamemnon   Goto the website of Xavier I. Agamemnon
Hakketak
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2011-08-24 05:23   
U can decide, whenever u want, to help these people.

Just create an alt, make sure it never lvls up, and check ursa minor once in a while. U can answer any questions, give them some tactics for bombing/building/combat, etc.

Another idea is to allow ppl with greater rank to enter ursa minor, but only in a "mentor" status, thus not being able to damage or load/unload anything. The danger is of course, experienced people screwing around with new players. So maybe select some trusted players to be allowed to enter ursa minor with "mentor" status, where the mentor can earn pres for the advances (pres gain) of the new player, but the new player cant earn pres from the mentor so its different from just grouping and lvling a new player.

*FTL*Soulless
Marshal

Posted: 2011-08-24 07:49   
Quote:

On 2011-08-24 05:23, HakkeTak wrote:
U can decide, whenever u want, to help these people.

Just create an alt, make sure it never lvls up, and check ursa minor once in a while. U can answer any questions, give them some tactics for bombing/building/combat, etc.

Another idea is to allow ppl with greater rank to enter ursa minor, but only in a "mentor" status, thus not being able to damage or load/unload anything. The danger is of course, experienced people screwing around with new players. So maybe select some trusted players to be allowed to enter ursa minor with "mentor" status, where the mentor can earn pres for the advances (pres gain) of the new player, but the new player cant earn pres from the mentor so its different from just grouping and lvling a new player.

you can already enter it. You are just locked to ships under or at that rank and can't gain any press while there if you are over that rank

Email *FTL*Soulless
$yTHe {C?}
Grand Admiral
Sundered Weimeriners

Posted: 2011-08-24 09:51   
Quote:

On 2011-08-22 14:21, Doran wrote:
no, they will be kill by deamons

No Doran, you are the deamons

Bardiche
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2011-08-24 17:59   
You can always create a fleet around helping newbies. Use alt accounts for it or something, log into them when you're just lobbycamping anyway. If necessary, create a chatroom named "Newcomer Support" and idle in there for the inevitable newbies and ask Doran or Eledore if they could make an emote to refer people to it instead of (or in addition to) the Manmaul.

You don't really need staff backing to be able to help newcomers. If that's what you find rewarding, find ways to make it work on your own before asking for special privileges and rewards.

Page created in 0.023465 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR