Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
04/27/24 +1.5 Days

Search

Anniversaries

16th - Eve_is_crap
14th - Durden

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » English (General) » » Defy UGTO Combat Log
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 Next Page )
 Author Defy UGTO Combat Log
CM7
Midshipman
Faster than Light

Posted: 2011-08-26 15:38   
it works in reverse too guys.

ICC ships can out maneuver UGTO ships. The ranges at which UGTO can hit us is far worse.

but alas, this is why i continue to suggest that ICC step down a class in relation to the ship they are hunting.

A. your guns are faster.
B. enemy has to get closer to hit you.
C. maneuverability affords you extra defense through extended combat time.

An increase of all weapons speed all factions across the board would be welcome. (small ships)

Push those engagement ranges back.

or..if your so brave;
for ICC loosing 10% damage, we get +10% accuracy through speed?

@Azreal. I was there for four days. The last day was not worth reporting. UGTO had lots of dreads, a few destroyers, and a station. Kluth had three dreads. I dont know if UGTO were just messing with kluth, but we were making no real headway. So i left day 4 out.

[ This Message was edited by: *XO*Defiance{CM7} on 2011-08-26 15:51 ]

Hakketak
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2011-08-26 16:00   
the falw in the discussion (in my opinion) is that people balance dessie vs dessie, dread vs dread.

Since its a game based on team-play, where we suppose to work together in a team, more variables factor in.

1 vs 1 yes icc seem to have less power on average.
2 vs 2 starts to get better for icc, long range makes for a bigger range between u and buddy, harder for enemy to rlly kill one. if they go for one, that person just short jumps..

but now imagine 6 vs 6, 6 icc missle frigates for isntance, versus 6 kluth beaks....or 6 sensor frigates vs an ugto interceptor...rofl icc will win big time.

If u look at the bigger picture, the longer range of icc is so usefull in many tactical ways, so something should b less then the enemy. Dont make development suggestions based on playerbase is what i think. Also dont balance ship for 1 vs 1 fighting, but more for a teamfight.

like 1 dessie, 1 cruiser, 1 dread. imagine icc vs luth fight there...think it would b balanced, depending on the ping skill of icc:)

Alcedo
Chief Marshal
*Renegade Space Marines*

Posted: 2011-08-26 16:06   
^ Very true

Email Alcedo
CM7
Midshipman
Faster than Light

Posted: 2011-08-26 16:49   
but now imagine 6 vs 6, 6 icc missle frigates for isntance, versus 6 kluth beaks....or 6 sensor frigates vs an ugto interceptor...rofl icc will win big time.

1. 6 missile frigates are going to do no damage to 6 beaks. They will also be out of ammo shortly. Beaks win. Though... ill admit you probably had something else in mind than what you typed. Cause this is funny.

2. 6 sensor frigates vs an (1 i assume) ugto interceptor...rofl icc will win big time..... duh? ...

3. me in a gunboat destroyer was an match for a heavy cruiser, strike cruiser, and combat destroyer at the same time...

[ This Message was edited by: *XO*Defiance{CM7} on 2011-08-26 16:50 ]

Azreal
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2011-08-26 17:56   
Quote:

On 2011-08-26 16:49, *XO*Defiance{CM7} wrote:

3. me in a gunboat destroyer was an match for a heavy cruiser, strike cruiser, and combat destroyer at the same time...

This is what I have experienced as well.

Email Azreal   Goto the website of Azreal
*Nemesis*©
Chief Marshal
*Renegade Space Marines*

Posted: 2011-08-26 18:14   
Quote:

On 2011-08-26 17:56, Azreal wrote:
Quote:

This is what I have experienced as well.

But no real damage is achieved from the gunboat in this situation as the shield will regen quick enough for icc to carry on until the gunboat is dead in the water.

Hakketak
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2011-08-26 18:38   
Quote:

1. 6 missile frigates are going to do no damage to 6 beaks. They will also be out of ammo shortly. Beaks win. Though... ill admit you probably had something else in mind than what you typed. Cause this is funny.

2. 6 sensor frigates vs an (1 i assume) ugto interceptor...rofl icc will win big time..... duh? ...

1. depends on what missles u use, also as frigate u can jump back and forth to planet pretty fast

2. no it was a typo and i ment 6 sensor frigates vs 6 interceptor frigates. since ppl forget the tactical stuff like ecm and how it can impact battle. how i miss ecm/eccm slots when playing luth....sigh...

3. u fought icc noobs. they are common and need training. the thing worrying me is i see icc players asking easy to answer questions on yell cause no icc player has a good answer....

Talien
Marshal
Templar Knights

Posted: 2011-08-26 18:38   
No, actually, a lone Gunboat is more than capable of outdamaging shield regen on an ICC Dreadnought, even with reactives on defense mode.

Hakketak
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2011-08-26 18:39   
Quote:

On 2011-08-26 18:38, Talien wrote:
No, actually, a lone Gunboat is more than capable of outdamaging shield regen on an ICC Dreadnought, even with reactives on defense mode.

point proven...plz train the icc urself, icc

*Nemesis*©
Chief Marshal
*Renegade Space Marines*

Posted: 2011-08-26 18:43   
Quote:

Who said it wasnt, no one said a gunboat vs a icc dread couldnt survive, it was the lone gunboat vs the HC SC & cd i was referring too

CM7
Midshipman
Faster than Light

Posted: 2011-08-26 19:31   
you cannot help those who want no help...

ICC Cruiser Guide 670

If every icc would make the FTL Fleet Flag Ship BC, and learn to use it, they would also learn through it, tactics for other ICC ships. I used to say the ICC BC should be used by those who have mastered ICC combat... but now i believe the ship itself will teach you to master ICC combat.

go now! make it! what are you waiting for? the enh are not needed! thats no excuse!!!
[ This Message was edited by: *XO*Defiance{CM7} on 2011-08-26 19:41 ]

Azreal
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2011-08-26 19:56   
Quote:

On 2011-08-26 18:43, *Nemesis*© wrote:
Quote:

Who said it wasnt, no one said a gunboat vs a icc dread couldnt survive, it was the lone gunboat vs the HC SC & cd i was referring too

but the gunboat shouldn't survive in these instances either, which is the point....

Email Azreal   Goto the website of Azreal
Talien
Marshal
Templar Knights

Posted: 2011-08-26 19:57   
Quote:

On 2011-08-26 18:43, *Nemesis*© wrote:

That's also doable, and falls into what I said about keeping at a range where they can't hit you and winning by them running out of ammo and having to retreat or just plain getting bored and leaving, falloff does not matter when you have unlimited ammo. If the CD is one with speed enh and closes to a range where it can hit you, then you can also hit it, and Gunboat vs CD at close range a Gunboat will come out ahead every time.

.....I suddenly have to stop and wonder, why am I teaching UGTO how to fight against ICC?

Quote:

On 2011-08-26 19:31, *XO*Defiance{CM7} wrote:
you cannot help those who want no help...

Very true. And I've run into that on all 3 factions, the instant you see "I don't want to use that ship, I'm going to stay in this one because it does more damage" despite explaining why another ship is more effective in a given situation is the instant you know someone is hopeless.

Biggest examples of this are:

ICC refusing to get out of a missile armed ship and into anything else when fighting luth then complaining about getting blown up.

UGTO players refusing to get out of their EAD or Station when getting sniped at long range by a pack of Cruisers or Missile Frigates, then complaining when they get blown up.

Kluth players trying to use smaller ships the same way they'd use a Dreadnought (decloaking point blank and spacebar mashing) then complaining when they get blown up.

Lithium
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2011-08-27 02:25   
Maximum effective range depends on target size, speed, state of cloak and lag.

You can't fight it if you can't hit it.

Whiterin
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2011-08-27 04:51   
Yesterday, I finally broke down, and headed over to the UGTO camp after being the only ICC on for several hours. I moved from an ICC HC, to a UGTO BC, with similar enh. I must say... the UGTO BC, hands down... does WAY more damage. Not just a little... like WAY WAY WAY more damage then the ICC HC. It also seems to be able to take quite a bit more damage then the ICC HC could as well. So far, the only downsides I see are:

-This BC manuvers pretty slow compared to the HC... but hasn't caused too many issues in battle yet.

-Longer wait time once you have to retreat from battle if there are no supplys or depots around. This doesn't cause too much an issue in actual battle though.

Over all, the BC can take much more of a beating, and put out several times the amount of damage an equal ship of ICC can.

As everyone probably knows, I really like ICC. I would prefer to play ICC, but like so many other players have had to do... I have moved to one of the other factions because I am fed up with the inbalance.

Since moving to UGTO, I am absolutely amazed at the difference in damage between ICC and UGTO. I was also amazed at how much my BC could tank from Kluth. In the HC, if a Kluth jumped me, I would basically just mash the shield rotate to the arc they were firing at and hope I could get 300+ gu away from them in time... often times leaving me with less then 10% shields on all arcs. I have already been jumped several times by Kluth in the BC. The first few I paniced... thinking without shield rotation... I would die instantly. NOPE. The first time I still had 50% shields left on the outer shield and 100% on the second ON ONE ARC... from an attack that would have left me with around 20-30% shields on ALL arcs.

It's funny... people keep telling me how ICC is fine, and everything is balanced... but every time I actually play Kluth or UGTO... it just solidifies my opinion that ICC is grossly underpowered even more.

I used to hate Claws in my HC, because often times... I would end up getting pretty damaged from them. I was jumped probably half a dozen times by a claw in my BC yesterday... and I think it ended up running every time... after just a minute or so. Something that NEVER happened on my HC.

And for the few people that said I should play UGTO to see how terrible it was with their energy... wtf are you talking about? The BC does better on energy then my HC did... and I had a PFE on the HC.

tl;dr
ICC is grossly underpowered, and playing the other factions is only solidifying that knowledge for me.
Staying UGTO until it's fixed... even though I hate how UGTO ships look and hate having to kill people I am used to being faction with.

Also, to the ICC people I have killed. Sorry.

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 Next Page )
Page created in 0.022261 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR