- Weekly DarkSpace
04/20/24 +2.0 Days

Search

Anniversaries

20th - Evellon
16th - faudin
14th - moriens

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » English (General) » » AI are ruining the game!
Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
 Author AI are ruining the game!
*Nemesis*©
Chief Marshal
*Renegade Space Marines*

Posted: 2011-08-26 10:07   
Get rid of them or drasticly lower there numbers, its pathetic how one player can capture every planet in a system within 30mins or take on a fleet of enemy ships with the help of AI, some mods have even said to me they hate them and should be removed! Does anyone eles agree?

Deco
Marshal
*Renegade Space Marines*

Posted: 2011-08-26 10:09   
Agree today had one player in a Heavy crusier cap a planet with 32 inf and 16% defence cause he had a fleet of ai what a joke

*Flash*
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2011-08-26 10:10   
More AI are needed to the game to replace the players who left lol.

Email *Flash*
[ML]RogueAvengerTTV
Marshal

Posted: 2011-08-26 10:15   
dont remove them just make then unable to order aka remove the defend player order and the attack planet order make it so only ai trannys can "capture planets"

Email [ML]RogueAvengerTTV
IIVIIatrix
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2011-08-26 10:27   
AI are necessary due to the lack of player base on DS today trust me DS withot AI's is just boring having the AI's is fun because it reminds me of the 480 and 483 patchs when we had enough players for 100 v 100 fleet battles. So AI's keep Darkspace from being just that dark space! If you where smart you would know AIs are easily distracted use someone to hit and run on AI they fallow you attack dur...

Whiterin
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2011-08-26 10:34   
I vote to keep the AI as well. DS would be rather lonely without them.

*Nemesis*©
Chief Marshal
*Renegade Space Marines*

Posted: 2011-08-26 11:11   
I notice you 2 are both icc players, also noticed icc has alot more ai then any other faction

Gejaheline
Fleet Admiral
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2011-08-26 11:13   
Quote:

On 2011-08-26 11:11, *Nemesis*© wrote:
I notice you 2 are both icc players, also noticed icc has alot more ai then any other faction

Why would ICC have more AI than any other faction? The system isn't designed to be biased in how many AI ships it creates (barring imbalances in player numbers, ostensibly).

*Nemesis*©
Chief Marshal
*Renegade Space Marines*

Posted: 2011-08-26 11:23   
I heard from someone awhile ago that icc was given more ai to balance the low player numbers it had but since the new patch icc has gained a few more players but the ai system hasnt been adjusted, dont know how true that is but icc do have alot of ai.

Ai on all factions need to be lowered, the people who moan about the ai ingame dont come to the forums and say it but trust me there are many many people that are getting a little sick of the team with the ai wins the game.
[ This Message was edited by: *Nemesis*© on 2011-08-26 11:27 ]

Subtilizer
Grand Admiral
Faster than Light

Posted: 2011-08-26 12:02   
Quote:

On 2011-08-26 11:23, *Nemesis*© wrote:
I heard from someone awhile ago that icc was given more ai to balance the low player numbers it had but since the new patch icc has gained a few more players but the ai system hasnt been adjusted, dont know how true that is but icc do have alot of ai.

Ai on all factions need to be lowered, the people who moan about the ai ingame dont come to the forums and say it but trust me there are many many people that are getting a little sick of the team with the ai wins the game.
[ This Message was edited by: *Nemesis*© on 2011-08-26 11:27 ]

Actually recently i have seen icc having decreased numbers lately and also on the topic of ai i think its ugto ai that are bugged in that theres to few of them compared to luth and icc ai.

Talien
Marshal
Templar Knights

Posted: 2011-08-26 12:13   
I've found AI numbers to be fairly consistent with all 3 factions, you just have to look in other systems in sag to find the rest of your AI. If you're in Luyten and hit F2 you won't see AI that are in Tau Ceti, Cincinatti, or Eps Eri, you have to manually shift your F2 view to the other systems and find the AI that are there one at a time.

*Nemesis*©
Chief Marshal
*Renegade Space Marines*

Posted: 2011-08-26 12:45   
Quote:

On 2011-08-26 12:13, Talien wrote:
I've found AI numbers to be fairly consistent with all 3 factions, you just have to look in other systems in sag to find the rest of your AI. If you're in Luyten and hit F2 you won't see AI that are in Tau Ceti, Cincinatti, or Eps Eri, you have to manually shift your F2 view to the other systems and find the AI that are there one at a time.

No, the only AI that are in the other systems are transports and 1 or 2 gunboats.

But it looks like everyone is happy with the AI numbers so nvm, lets carry on capping with AI

[ This Message was edited by: *Nemesis*© on 2011-08-26 12:47 ]

MrSparkle
Marshal

Posted: 2011-08-26 13:04   
In my opinion it's not the AI that's the problem, it's the defense bases. When you use AI to cap, it's mostly cruisers and destroyers, and I just don't think small ships like that should be able to survive long enough around a well built planet to cap it, without repair being available.

It gets complicated though, like would planet defense damage be reduced vs each ship the more ships there are?

Talien
Marshal
Templar Knights

Posted: 2011-08-26 13:45   
Quote:

On 2011-08-26 13:04, MrSparkle wrote:
In my opinion it's not the AI that's the problem, it's the defense bases. When you use AI to cap, it's mostly cruisers and destroyers, and I just don't think small ships like that should be able to survive long enough around a well built planet to cap it, without repair being available.

It gets complicated though, like would planet defense damage be reduced vs each ship the more ships there are?

Exactly, AI sitting there at a planet with a decent amount of defenses on it should not live long enough to cap it. It would be better if AI did not count in capturing a planet to begin with, but giving a damage boost to defense bases so they're more than pea shooters would work too.

apate
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2011-08-26 13:50   
Or we could bring back the old capture system...

(It was changed while I was away, and was a fairly nasty surprise when I came back...)

Email apate
Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
Page created in 0.021996 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR