No kills today... yet.

Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
03/30/24 +1.6 Days

Search

Anniversaries

21th - Doran

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » English (General) » » AI are ruining the game!
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
 Author AI are ruining the game!
Talien
Marshal
Templar Knights

Posted: 2011-08-26 14:19   
The only change that the current capture system really needs is for control to not start going down unless friendly troops are wiped out or outnumbered by hostile troops. That will stop planets from being captured simply by being inundated with a large fleet, whether it's AI or players, and make bombers/transports vital to capturing planets instead of just an optional extra if someone feels like it.

DiepLuc
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2011-08-26 15:11   
I heard that AI number scaled depends on human players per faction: Full Faction = Human + NPC. Less human => More NPC.
This game has less players periodically, it's natural. All MMO share such fate. But our dev still volunteer to develope it to keep it live. Credit to them.

Iwancoppa
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2011-08-26 15:18   
I totally agree with nemesis on this subject. one player should not eb able to take a system just by hoarding AI.

Easy fix: make AI unable to capture planets.

Necrotic
Chief Marshal
Pitch Black

Posted: 2011-08-26 15:18   
im actually gonna agree with nems on this one. Ai are used as a crutch for either weak players or outnumberd players. Ai caping planets im pretty sure when the new planet system was introduced backslash said capping using ai was an exploit. Ai are just like the broken depots. Yes i have used them becuse they are there but it annoys me having to defend a planet against a fleet of ai or when im bombing have to switch to combat becuse of some player who is too afraid to come face me personally. using ai to equal out ther player bease is stupid. Ai is not a replacement for a player the only reason they are there is faustus wants them there so end of.

No matter how hard they have tried. They havnt figured out how to nerf skill yet :P

Radiance
Grand Admiral
*Renegade Space Marines*

Posted: 2011-08-26 15:21   
Quote:

On 2011-08-26 15:11, chlorophyll wrote:
I heard that AI number scaled depends on human players per faction: Full Faction = Human + NPC. Less human => More NPC.
This game has less players periodically, it's natural. All MMO share such fate. But our dev still volunteer to develope it to keep it live. Credit to them.

So does that work as metaverse-wide, or server-wide. I'm asking this because today, when most of UGTO was in Procyon, sag only had around 4 UGTO combat ai.

Thrie
Fleet Admiral
Raven Warriors

Posted: 2011-08-26 15:23   
I'd much prefer if most AI cannot be controled my player. AI should be allowed to do their own things... Defend a planet when that planet is under attack. Jump to a player's aid when the said player sends out a distress signal. We would also need put a limit on how many times you're allowed to send a distress signal. Supply AI should be the only AI ship that players can order to repair their ship or other players' ship.

Quote:

On 2011-08-26 14:19, Talien wrote:
The only change that the current capture system really needs is for control to not start going down unless friendly troops are wiped out or outnumbered by hostile troops. That will stop planets from being captured simply by being inundated with a large fleet, whether it's AI or players, and make bombers/transports vital to capturing planets instead of just an optional extra if someone feels like it.

^This.

I see no reason why we can't combine the old and new.

Making Infantry the only way to cap planet might assist in breaking the stalemate. That way, as Tailien has said, players will need to utilize bombers/transport. The better organized fleet be able to push into enemy territory. That way, having an AI fleet will not cap a planet.

That sparked an idea of proposing additional kinds of inf to replace our current inf system.

[ This Message was edited by: Thrie on 2011-08-26 15:24 ]

Email Thrie
CM7
Midshipman
Faster than Light

Posted: 2011-08-26 15:25   
guys...

ICC hardly ever has AI.

Its because we build plats. Lots and lots of plats.

Kluth build one or two.

and UGTO has recently started building lots and lots of plats.

Lots of AI on ICC because ive not been there in a week to build plats.

*Nemesis*©
Chief Marshal
*Renegade Space Marines*

Posted: 2011-08-26 15:59   
Quote:

On 2011-08-26 15:25, *XO*Defiance{CM7} wrote:
guys...

ICC hardly ever has AI.

Its because we build plats. Lots and lots of plats.

Kluth build one or two.

and UGTO has recently started building lots and lots of plats.

Lots of AI on ICC because ive not been there in a week to build plats.

Thats the biggest load of crap ive heard in a long time "ICC hardly ever has AI" am sorry Defiance but that really made me giggle

Hakketak
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2011-08-26 16:10   
lol, now u want to remove ai again?

Can someone find back the forum post where someone suggested the AI? i want to see who agreed then and disagree now

I was in huge favor of ai when it got implemented. It gives ur rank a bit more worth next to something to do when there no players around, next to bombing of course.

The downside is 1 player getting to strong. Now i like AI, but always found 1 thing to be a big downer: the infinite respawning. I'd like to see a max spawn amount per day, so people dont just trow away their ai helpers. I think this fits with the rumours i've heard about making AI even smarter and stronger > more player like. (Maybe even give the stronger ai their own name, like the luth ai dessie all got their fixed name, like the elites...)

Its just the question of how high the spawnlimit should b set...20x, 30x? also...what do u do if one faction has bigger playerbase then other, how do u balance the AI then? since the faction with less players will lose more AI prolly. I think this part can b balanced by a formula.

formula: y = (30 - X)/30 x100%

where:
y= respawn rate of AI for a faction ( in %)
X= number of players online, in that faction
the more players, the less the respawn rate gets.

just a concept, but ideas all start this way:)

Viskel the Muffin Muncher
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2011-08-26 16:19   
I really don't see why everyone on DS always wants to make fixing things so complicated. I say this as a developer for a Freelancer mod.. Sometimes the simplest fix is the best.

Just remove the AI's capture points, or drastically reduce it, so that player numbers are needed to capture a planet from orbit. This means they'll need bomber + players, or bomber + infantry drops.

Ray[OU]
Marshal

From: Some where in deep space, From another galaxy. [Origin Unknown]
Posted: 2011-08-26 16:40   
<-- wants to voice his opion on things cuz maby some one will listen
<-- has an idea only those rank GA and above can order AI and or those rank FA and above can order AI reasoning fleet admiral shud be able to order a fleet and so on also a prob with AI spamming distress i suggest take out AI distress its annoying and sometimes hard to pick out distress from AI and player cuz AI like to spam distress ever 5 sec and if that means lowing AI count to do so then so be it. Also i have not had a prob with player spammin AI to cap a planet but thats perhaps becuase i dont play as much as i used to perhaps def bases damage should be increased thus small ships cruiser and below wud not servive long enough to cap a planet.
Yes i always type a lot for you to read thus making most ppl not read what i type but to bad.-GA Ray has spoken

Azreal
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2011-08-26 18:13   
you can only order ships that are your rank or lower.

This works same as giving a player orders. The ai just actually listen
I doubt ai will be leaving. They are getting buffed by Faustus as we speak, so that isnt going to happen.

I agree they should have less influence on planet capping however.

I like the idea of the cap points not moving if there are more enemy inf than friendly. That at least helps some, but dont forget there are also ai trannies.

The ai is scaled to player numbers, however I am not sure if they leave the field as numbers increase, or if they just aren't replaced as they are killed. This should probably be looked at to see how it works.

Email Azreal   Goto the website of Azreal
*Nemesis*©
Chief Marshal
*Renegade Space Marines*

Posted: 2011-08-26 18:23   
I think the simplest thing to do would be to have the AI have no influence on planet capping as someone eles stated earlyer, so one person with 20 AI behind them and the planet only recognizes the human player but can still shoot the AI.

Ravendark
Marshal
Sanity Assassins

Posted: 2011-08-26 18:39   
simple make command dread the only ship that can command AI!
problem solved! you pop the command ship and ai wanders off.
command comes back, well pop him again.
+huge press loss for loosing command ship...then dare someone to do that again
+half the AI cap ability

AI is a good tool. but almost everyone (with rank) can use them. thats why i suggest command class to be the only one who can control AI ships.

just get it done already, saves you lot of QQing around AI

Pakhos[+R]
Chief Marshal
Pitch Black

Posted: 2011-08-26 18:46   
Before this get locked...

Can we get an AI named as nemesis if real nemesis rage quits the game ?

Pretty please?

Also can you add qq into it?

Pretty please?

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
Page created in 0.025263 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR