Combat Kills

Combat kills in last 24 hours:
No kills today... yet.

Upcoming Events

Search

Anniversaries

14th - wolf420

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » Developer Feedback » » Things to make stations more interesting
 Author Things to make stations more interesting
Rebels
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2011-08-30 20:45   
1.I was suggesting that since u cant use the wormhole as a weapon(open one that faces a planet or a sun etc.) then mabye you could make one that's specialy designated like a "Fleet ejection wormhole" which is opened only thru a command stat.
Charasticts: everything within 50 gu. of this will be hurled randomly into space but there will be no way to go back thru it(with JD's being reset having to recharge again). To prevent the spam of this weapon it will replace the station's JD which means the weapon will be used mainly as defense. And this weapon will be as inaccurate as a wormhole.

2.I became aware of the problem of eccm's not really being effective against kluth(unless ur spamming a whole fleet of them)so what i thought was to use something like mabye cluster beacons.
Charastics: Beacons are just like normal beacons but fires about mabye 5 or so beacons in all directions.Avaliable only on command stat replaces eccm/ecm.

3.I know some of our old missles got nerfed and our new missles got buffed etc. but i thought of this suggestion when i read someone's topic on... idk something but i thought of a kinetic weapon when i first saw the "shredder missle" a missle that slams into an object and thats what i thought of.
Charastics:mabye a missle that ram's it's target(if it makes it thru PD) the thing about this one is that it has advanced tracking which means once it hits u it comes back and hits u again and again(now that i think about it that sounds like a fighter)until it get's Pded. It'll be fitted on a station because the missle will probably be as big a a nuclear missle(minus the warhead) and it can only be Pded by pulse beams which distrupts the missle's tracking(due to the armor of the missle and the lack of tracking it really needs means that u could PD it all day long with a chemical laser and it wont die)The life of this missle is the same as a Mine(the one that blows up) Kluth- u could avoid this missle like you've always had(cloak).

This is my first post sorry if I insulted anyone and sorry for any bad english i'm not a good typing dude.
That concludes my post.

*MI Node jumps out of nowhere death beams america*

Nekatil
1st Rear Admiral
Team Germany

Posted: 2011-08-30 21:05   
1 wormhole can still be used as a weapon
the wh will always open (aprox) 50-100 gu in front of your station but afaik yo'll get a nice ban, if you warp someone i to a planet/sun with it
but usually you wont see stations with a wh, cause with the speed-nerf they became useless

2 a single sensor-ship (scout/frig) can ruin your luthy-day
with a good hot-key setup you can easily track+beacon luth-ships in the area

3 such a missle would be really unrealistic
such a missle would barely do any damage (so it wont be destroyed after the first hit) or it would have to be that strong, that it could destroy everything in one hit

but i miss the old sabots - unguided missiles ( more or less just normal guns)
[ This Message was edited by: Nekatil on 2011-08-30 21:06 ]

Rebels
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2011-08-30 21:11   
Quote:

On 2011-08-30 21:05, Nekatil wrote:
the wh will always open (aprox) 50-100 gu in front of your station but afaik yo'll get a nice ban, if you warp someone i to a planet/sun with it
but usually you wont see stations with a wh, cause with the speed-nerf they became useless

2 a single sensor-ship (scout/frig) can ruin your luthy-day
with a good hot-key setup you can easily track+beacon luth-ships in the area

3 such a missle would be really unrealistic
such a missle would barely do any damage (so it wont be destroyed after the first hit) or it would have to be that strong, that it could destroy everything in one hit

but i miss the old sabots - unguided missiles ( more or less just normal guns)
[ This Message was edited by: Rebels on 2011-08-30 21:26 ]

Not trying to put u down but like I saw in another post darkspace doesent have to be realistic darkspace it'self is unrealistic. If DS was realistic Missles wouldnt really even need guidance in space, they'd have an infinate, range missles would be undogeable, their acceleration would be crazy like 2000gu/s.

Would u jump all the way from ur command stat to a Sy planet just to change to a sensor frig/scout?

The worm hole weapon hurls u randomly into another point in "space" and at least 500 gu. from a sun and 30 gu. from a planet (if it ever hurls anywhere near these things).

*MI Node jumps out of nowhere death beams america*

Xavier I. Agamemnon
Grand Admiral
Exathra Alliance Fleet

Posted: 2011-08-30 21:52   
Quote:

it has happen by accedent befor some times it funny sometimes not.

Xavier I. Agamemnon
CD/I.C.S Spartacus
HC/I.C.S Athena
CDD/I.C.S Achilles
Leader of the Exathra Alliance Fleet.

Email Xavier I. Agamemnon   Goto the website of Xavier I. Agamemnon
Trolololo
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2011-08-30 22:42   
hey i still use WH even though 60% of the time it doesnt work it still is fun and you can use the wh as a weapon its just not very effective

Tael
2nd Rear Admiral
Palestar

Posted: 2011-08-30 23:05   
How about if wormholes slowly pull the station towards it and it closes after the station enters and comes out the other side. That way if you are wormhole fishing, you are going to die too

Email Tael
Whiterin
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2011-08-31 01:33   
Just to throw a little more out there... I think ships should be able to dock with stations, and maybe even dreads. This could help offer more PD to stations, and also allow smaller ships to be within the defenses of the station. This might also slightly increase the defenses of the station when larger ships are docked there. Maybe also have the ship's energy go to the station as well. Would also help move several units all at once. There have been several times where I was in a smaller support type ship, or even a small combat ship where I wished I could just dock up with a Stat or a Dread and rep up slowly.

This might be considered OP at first, but there are downsides to it. If a station gets destroyed, all ships docked with it would either be destroyed, or heavily damaged. Ships docked to the station wouldn't be able to use anything but beams for PD, and MAYBE their aft guns. The station would be able to move, but still at the 3.5 gu/s that they do now.

Just an idea, I think it would be pretty neat for it to happen.

[ML]RogueAvengerTTV
Marshal

Posted: 2011-08-31 05:31   
Quote:

On 2011-08-30 23:05, Tael wrote:
How about if wormholes slowly pull the station towards it and it closes after the station enters and comes out the other side. That way if you are wormhole fishing, you are going to die too

Or a way to stop phising alltogether would be to make all ships have a wh signature device each faction having a difrent signature (frquency that cannot be alterd) and when a wh is created only that faction is able to use it which makes fising inpossible and makes using a wh even more useful as the only way to track one is to have one but hey just a random idea

Email [ML]RogueAvengerTTV
NoBoDx
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2011-08-31 06:28   
Quote:

On 2011-08-30 21:11, Rebels wrote:
Quote:

{...}

Not trying to put u down but like I saw in another post darkspace doesent have to be realistic darkspace it'self is unrealistic. If DS was realistic Missles wouldnt really even need guidance in space, they'd have an infinate, range missles would be undogeable, their acceleration would be crazy like 2000gu/s.

Would u jump all the way from ur command stat to a Sy planet just to change to a sensor frig/scout?

The worm hole weapon hurls u randomly into another point in "space" and at least 500 gu. from a sun and 30 gu. from a planet (if it ever hurls anywhere near these things).

missiles
although missles would be able to fly until they hit something in space, they wouldnt be able to maneuver after some time, cause they run out of fuel
and to reduce the possibility of collateral damage, missles selfdestruct after a preset time (usually close to the target)

sensor
the secret keyword is fleet diversity
its ok to stay in a cmd-station if there is someone else to ping for luths
but if you go out without any ewar its your own fault

also where is the point in flying a cmd-station anyways ? its just a pimped cmd-dread (just slower)
-------
afaik there isnt any difference between a jumpgate and a wormhole for the server

CM7
Midshipman
Faster than Light

Posted: 2011-08-31 12:03   
if we had smart projectiles that did not require a target to fire,

Missiles that fire strait out, and could go through a wormhole. Then on the other side, if they detect enemy, they lock on and travel twords them.

Ray[OU]
Marshal

From: Some where in deep space, From another galaxy. [Origin Unknown]
Posted: 2011-08-31 17:09   
<-- +1 for the docking with a station you know how much i love ppl so them docking with my stat wud make me wanted more and another thing if your docked you rep and supply (shud not have reload drones but will rep any ship docked with it)also yes those docked with command stat would not be able to use any weaponary while docked except when a dictor ship is docked it will be able to use its dictor field while docked.Also should change command stats should be the only ones you can dock with and the stat will rep you and resup you butwith out the limited reload drones and such and also should have a few more fighters i mean after all stations are huge and shud be treated as such masive being that have a lot of weaponary the current weapons offense and defence just dont add up to a station more like a slightly bigger dread is wat it is weapon wise, just sayin it shud have more and other ships docking with it is OP and will make it useful in combat but i only agree that the command stat should have docking capabilitys.-GA Ray has spoken

[ This Message was edited by: Grand Admiral Ray [OU] on 2011-08-31 17:14 ]

Page created in 0.019318 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR