Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
04/27/24 +21.5 Hours

Search

Anniversaries

16th - Eve_is_crap
14th - Durden

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » English (General) » » im a little lost
 Author im a little lost
Ravendark
Marshal
Sanity Assassins

Posted: 2011-09-10 16:50   
i wasnt active lately. neither i plan to be for a week or two. but anyway, just got some time on my hand so i went to check in hows things. and....what did i miss? i have to select my faction? and all my enhs in garage are gone. map is...different. a bit. but i met no players anywhere. so...can someone pull me up to date? i've been noobified...

Radiance
Grand Admiral
*Renegade Space Marines*

Posted: 2011-09-10 16:56   
Did you perhaps accidently enter the Beta server?

Totenkopf
Marshal

Posted: 2011-09-10 17:38   
i think he did

apate
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2011-09-10 19:00   
Welcome to the beta server, please enjoy your stay.

Email apate
jimjimjaroo
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2011-09-10 19:46   
new ship layouts, improved resolution(check hdr), bumpmapping(i could of said improved graphics but to be more specific......). by any chance did you check the development log? new players(not too many). theres more just cant seem to remember. people need to add on to this. also instead of 7 separate servers, there is 1 with all the 7 in it. you would want to spawn somewhere near the middle. thats where sagittarius is.

Azreal
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2011-09-10 19:50   
reading the dev log helps also.

Email Azreal   Goto the website of Azreal
Ravendark
Marshal
Sanity Assassins

Posted: 2011-09-11 05:30   
i didnt.
happend twice already. once last week, but i tought client got mixed up.

and yes, i know now that i was thrown into beta. beta really changed.

what really bugs me is that, when i started mv loading was normal. no updates or anything and *boom* i was in beta.
alright, then i loged and started the beta and hell look, its updating. and im in beta again.
thats how i know i didnt started beta accidentally. but on the other side, if i was somehow thrownin the beta when i started the metaverse, how is it possible to be on the new beta map without update?

Animyx
Chief Marshal
Army Of Darkness

Posted: 2011-09-11 05:48   
methinks you have retarded computer....

Beta = Teh Sucks

Lock 'N' Load

jimjimjaroo
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2011-09-11 06:02   
try deleting beta then you might be forced on to the regular metaverse. my other suggestion is to reinstall the gcql. if that dont help i dont know what to tell you.

SaturnShadow™ *FC*(Angel Of Darkness)
Marshal
*Renegade Space Marines*

Posted: 2011-09-11 08:13   
i had this twice all i did to enter the MV was to delete the DarkSpace then install it again (for it to go quicker i started to install the darkspace game then closed the lobby and restarted the lobby but while doing this in your darkspace folder you got the beta folder and the normal darkspace folder all i did was copied all the files that were in the beta folder and placed them into the normal folder then all you do is then update the normal darkspace this should rectify your problem)

1. Click launch and delete darkspace
2. Reinstall darkspace (will take too long to install all of it so completely close the lobby client)
3. Reopen DarkSpace
4. Open the GameCQ file then the .Cache file you should have 2 folders one DarkSpace and one DarkSpaceBeta
5. Open DarkSpaceBeta and copy ALL thats within this file and paste all of it into the DarkSpace folder (which should have some of the files already in there but still Replace everything)
6. With all files copied return to the DarkSpace lobby client and continue updating the DarkSpace game (this should of reduced the time it will take to finish)
7. Check that your setting are the same if not make the adjustments
8. Open the MV and this should fix your problem

Azreal
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2011-09-11 17:04   
you most likely started off in one of the ranked servers when you first logged in.

Also, sometimes the multicore issue can mess you up. Go into setup, tick multicore on, apply. Go back into setup, tick multicore back off, and apply again. This may help.

It enables (and re-enables) it sometimes, even if it doesnt show it as being selected.

Known issue that is being looked at.

Not to say for sure that this was your issue, but it makes some really funky things happen.....

Email Azreal   Goto the website of Azreal
Pantheon
Marshal
Palestar

Posted: 2011-09-11 17:35   
Quote:

On 2011-09-11 17:04, Azreal wrote:
you most likely started off in one of the ranked servers when you first logged in.

Also, sometimes the multicore issue can mess you up. Go into setup, tick multicore on, apply. Go back into setup, tick multicore back off, and apply again. This may help.

It enables (and re-enables) it sometimes, even if it doesnt show it as being selected.

Known issue that is being looked at.

Not to say for sure that this was your issue, but it makes some really funky things happen.....

We fixed this in a hotfix some time ago.

There is no possible way the client can connect to the beta server by accident, unless that accident was you clicking said server when not paying attention. It is impossible, unless by some miracle the game client magically knows the IP to beta (which is on an entirely different range) and the port to match, for you to connect to beta without selecting it.

Page created in 0.019277 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR