Combat Kills

Combat kills in last 24 hours:
No kills today... yet.

Upcoming Events

Search

Anniversaries

21th - Sir Oblivion {C?}

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » Soap Box » » 9/11 Rememberience
 Author 9/11 Rememberience
*FTL*Soulless
Marshal

Posted: 2011-09-11 10:05   
For all those people who lost their lives on that fateful day. Some just going to work like a normal day, and others who went in to try and save lives but ultimately lost their lives

Have you Forgotten?

Email *FTL*Soulless
Xavier I. Agamemnon
Grand Admiral
Exathra Alliance Fleet

Posted: 2011-09-11 13:10   
will never forget

Xavier I. Agamemnon
CD/I.C.S Spartacus
HC/I.C.S Athena
CDD/I.C.S Achilles
Leader of the Exathra Alliance Fleet.

Email Xavier I. Agamemnon   Goto the website of Xavier I. Agamemnon
MrSparkle
Marshal

Posted: 2011-09-11 18:51   
I will never forget. Today they played a version of the Star Spangled Banner on the radio and I got a bit choked up.

I find this surprisingly touching:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QKJuNUWabSY

They've been airing it all day. FYI, this is the original version: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5ZIxFd5I280 Can you spot the difference? (other than the quality).

People around here still get choked up and probably will for quite a few more years. The dread we felt that Tuesday morning, the fear, the horror, the anger, all come flooding back to us. I'm sure it's similar for those in Washington DC and around Pittsburgh PA, but it's most intense in the NJ/NJ/CT area.

Talien
Marshal
Templar Knights

Posted: 2011-09-11 20:14   
I don't see myself ever forgetting that day. I may not live in NY, DC, or PA, but that doesn't mean I didn't feel anything when all those people died.

Achilles Lord of the Myrmidon
Grand Admiral
The Myrmidon Legion

Posted: 2011-09-11 20:40   
WE will never forget... I remeber 48 hours after that day I was getting my order to go to Afganistan... ten years later i still get alittle choked up thinking abt it and I still get a sense of pride everytime i put my uniform on. It brings me joy to know that we still have not forgotten. God Bless America, home of the free, because of the brave.

Signature size too large, please resize (600x200x100kb)

Email Achilles Lord of the Myrmidon   Goto the website of Achilles Lord of the Myrmidon
Azreal
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2011-09-11 22:26   
Im one of those freaks that listens to news radio when I am working. I heard it all from the beginning.

When I heard the first plane hit, I told the guy I was working next to that it wasnt an accident. He thought I was crazy, and started cracking jokes.

Then the second plane hit, and I looked at him and said "We're at war".

I remember asking him if he ever heard of Bin Laden. He said nope. I told him he'd never forget him after that day.

I called it right from the start. That day, in a shop of some 20 guys, all of whom used to think I was nuts, I looked like a genius.

And yet, it was one of the saddest days I ever saw.

I'll never forget.

I can't tell you where I was a month ago, or what I was doing. But I remember what I was doing 10 years ago on this day.

Email Azreal   Goto the website of Azreal
Sardaukar
Admiral
Raven Warriors

Posted: 2011-09-11 22:51   
I was just getting into class. Teacher didn't say a word as we filed in, she just walked up to the classroom television and turned it on, then silently went back to her desk. It was a really old set, so the screen itself took forever to come on, and we spent what felt like a minute just listening to something that sounded like a panicked news report. I thought it was some historical thing, but then the words started to become clearer, and it slowly dawned that something was up- and then screen came on shortly after the second plane had hit. No one said a word until that class was over. I can't remember anything else about that schoolday.

Live Free
2nd Rear Admiral

Posted: 2011-09-12 01:14   
I remember I was in fifth grade. The teacher turned on the TV and we were watching as the second plane hit the WTC. We watched for most of the day until we were released early from school. we watched the News every day for about a year after that. I still remember watching the footage of tracers over the afghan cities on TV every day, and keeping track of the war. I also remember one news reporter getting killed on a live feed during a daytime firefight between the coalition and insurgents. Nowadays I rarely turn on the news, its mostly BS I dont care about, crime, and depressing figures of how screwed we are.

Edit : its hard to believe we've been at war for almost half of my life :/.

[ This Message was edited by: Live Free on 2011-09-12 01:27 ]

Goto the website of Live Free
Gejaheline
Fleet Admiral
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2011-09-12 06:53   
I remember coming back home from school (I'm on GMT, so about six hours ahead of the US) and coming into the living room to see this image of pillars of smoke on the television. No commentary, just BBC BREAKING NEWS scrolling across the bottom; presumably the news presenters were just as nonplussed as everyone else. Very sombre.

Point Of No Return
Chief Marshal
United Nations Space Command

Posted: 2011-09-12 06:55   
Like many others, I too thought it was a hoax radio show when I heard it while working outside that morning. I felt anger and sorrow when I relized that suddenly the sky was emptty of aircraft and was silent. And now 10 years later and the murders caught and killed I take solice in knowing that many brave and selfless people saved so many people from those murderous cowards. Bravo to those hero's they will never be forgotten in history.

Blackjack [DBL]
Grand Admiral
Faster than Light

Posted: 2011-09-12 19:49   
I remember watching this on the BBC... Don't know what else to say.

Names I used: Da Bes Loser, Perseverance, Loyalty.

Rebellion
Marshal
Faster than Light

Posted: 2011-09-12 20:31   
How could you forget? is a better question.

I will never forget i was in class and the teacher turned on the tv and i saw the second plane hit, i will never forget seeing that many people die.

God Bless America.

\"War does not decide who is right, but who is left\"
\"I stopped fighting my inner demons we're on the same side now\"

Supertrooper
Marshal
Pitch Black

Posted: 2011-09-12 23:08   
I'll never forget where and what I was doing that day. I joined the national guard earlier in February of 2001 and attended basic training in between my junior and senior year of high school. On that fateful day in September, I was sitting in class at school. I only had one class, work release, so I only went to school from 7:30 until 10:30 in the morning. After the first plane hit, the teacher turned on the news and we watched as the second plane hit. At that point, with all of my classmates knowing I was in the military, heads turned towards me and they all asked "What's going on?". I said, "The Nation is under attack and we're at war." A somber mood fell over the class as I said those words and you could feel all the pain, anger, and anxiety in the air. Here I am ten years later, still serving in our nation's military and deployed in Iraq. I will never forget!!!

Email Supertrooper
Page created in 0.016045 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR