No kills today... yet.

Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
04/27/24 +4.0 Hours

Search

Anniversaries

No anniversaries today.

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » Developer Feedback » » New Stupid Suggestion - Crazy45
Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
 Author New Stupid Suggestion - Crazy45
Noble
Admiral

Posted: 2011-09-16 12:53   
How about making it so you can't SY or spawn when there's a enemy Player (Not AI and uncloaked) within 400 gu of the SY.

Failing that, Maybe make it so that you can't turn (Unless you move 0.1gu/s forward) or fire weapons while SY'ing.

Ideally the first one would be nice, Finish the silly SY'ing to survive so you can come back in a station and basically win.
[ This Message was edited by: Noble on 2011-09-16 21:00 ]

*FTL*Soulless
Marshal

Posted: 2011-09-16 13:03   
Quote:

On 2011-09-16 12:53, Noble wrote:
How about making it so you can't SY when there's a enemy Player (Not AI and uncloaked) within 400 gu of the SY.

Failing that, Maybe make it so that you can't turn (Unless you move 0.1gu/s forward) or fire weapons while SY'ing.

Ideally the first one would be nice, Finish the silly SY'ing to survive so you can come back in a station and basically win.

all that would do is encourage luth to camp SYs more often

Email *FTL*Soulless
CM7
Midshipman
Faster than Light

Posted: 2011-09-16 13:29   
yes. Not saying you are one of them, but a HUGE number of kluth only hunt spawn points these days. Their ships capable of killing player ships befor they are even given controle of them.

if anything, i feel you should be invincible for the first 10 seconds of spawn in.

pawnerz
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2011-09-16 13:38   
This is a problem, earlier on me and a few other kluth attacked a UGTO station, and Dread, they both docked and pulled ANOTHER ship out their garage and popped one of us (while we were still shotiing a target).

Shade Perilous
Vice Admiral

Posted: 2011-09-16 13:40   
Yeah i dont think two ugto should be able to hold off half dozen kluth using such underhanded tactics, its a serious problem.

CM7
Midshipman
Faster than Light

Posted: 2011-09-16 13:56   
.... as easy as it is to bomb....

jimjimjaroo
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2011-09-16 14:28   
Quote:

On 2011-09-16 13:29, Defiance{CM7} wrote:
yes. Not saying you are one of them, but a HUGE number of kluth only hunt spawn points these days. Their ships capable of killing player ships befor they are even given controle of them.

if anything, i feel you should be invincible for the first 10 seconds of spawn in.

lets make it 15 because for some of us the computer likes to lag when they first start. but lets say they are stupid enough to spawn into a battle(for the people who do dont feel bad i sometimes do to) and their computer lags, with the 15 second rule, they wont get destroyed(or at least not as fast).

[ML]RogueAvengerTTV
Marshal

Posted: 2011-09-16 14:51   
only if there weapons are inactive for the duratiion of the invincabilt or this couls be an easy exsplotie !

Email [ML]RogueAvengerTTV
CM7
Midshipman
Faster than Light

Posted: 2011-09-16 14:53   
i agree with the weapons.

the whole problem with people saying dont spawn in to a battlefield.. is you never know where the battle is with kluth.

and comming through a server transfer gate is far worse on lag time than a sy.

Talien
Marshal
Templar Knights

Posted: 2011-09-16 19:43   
Or just have cloak disabled within 500 GU of a planet. Completely solves that problem, and it doesn't hurt luth ability to capture planets because if you're cloaked within capture range you aren't contributing anyway.

Nekatil
1st Rear Admiral
Team Germany

Posted: 2011-09-16 20:07   
Quote:

On 2011-09-16 19:43, Talien wrote:
Or just have cloak disabled within 500 GU of a planet. Completely solves that problem, and it doesn't hurt luth ability to capture planets because if you're cloaked within capture range you aren't contributing anyway.

THAT old stuff again ?
why not removing half of ugto armor & icc shields while theyre within 500gu as well ? cause a 500gu cloak-nullify would cause the following:
icc/ugto camp at planets cause they cant be attacked from luths anymore
luth wont attack/defend cause they cant even get in range for their weapons
[ This Message was edited by: Nekatil on 2011-09-16 20:08 ]

Ray[OU]
Marshal

From: Some where in deep space, From another galaxy. [Origin Unknown]
Posted: 2011-09-16 20:40   
Hmm i was thinking because i get killed sometimes when i spawn (dont even get to see my ships sometimes, sometimes its spawn and then the "you have been destroyed by so and so" screen appears) and if your just logging in youre not gonna know if luth are waiting there or not. Personally i think spawn camping should be against the rules, unless you see a target sitting there for 5 minutes. Then you can attack,other then that if you just log in and spawn and die before you can even see and or gain control of your ship its just a feeling of OP i cant spawn and im loseing lots and prob gonna log off. Also dont tell me "O just spawn some where eles cuz some times other planets dont have the res to spawn some where eles.

That being said i had an idea a lil while back and is as follows- dont allow ships to take damage for the first 2-3 minutes of spawn after that your fair game and will only last max for 2-3 min or till you perfom an action such as press any key and im sure the devs will say "o thats to much work to implement" and or "O thats to hard the server cant take it and or im just really lazy and dont wanna do it". But point being spawn camping is only annoying and makes some people wanna play less. Devs and or MODS and of course ADMINS are free to look into this idea or just completely ignor me as always just note dont look at me for any programming stuff im not even 1rst grade on that subject of programming just somethin to think bout when your enjoying your starbucks or wat ever your consuming atm.

-GA Ray has spoken

Rebellion
Marshal
Faster than Light

Posted: 2011-09-16 20:41   
Btw Nice topic name "New Awsome Suggestion." next time why dont you try "[Suggestion] Shipyards and spawning." you have no idea how stupid the one you have now sounds you have to try to sum up your post in 1-4 words without tricking people to click on a stupid post just becuse you think its an "Awsome idea"

my 2 cents

-CRZY

\"War does not decide who is right, but who is left\"
\"I stopped fighting my inner demons we're on the same side now\"

Doran
Chief Marshal
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2011-09-16 21:07   
Quote:

On 2011-09-16 20:41, Rebellion *XO2* wrote:
tricking people to click on a stupid post just becuse you think its an "Awsome idea"

it worked.

Talien
Marshal
Templar Knights

Posted: 2011-09-16 22:05   
Quote:

On 2011-09-16 13:38, Marshal pawnerZ {Here2Help!} wrote:
This is a problem, earlier on me and a few other kluth attacked a UGTO station, and Dread, they both docked and pulled ANOTHER ship out their garage and popped one of us (while we were still shotiing a target).

So basically you tried camping a SY and got kicked in the teeth for your efforts?

Quote:

On 2011-09-16 20:07, Nekatil wrote:
THAT old stuff again ?
why not removing half of ugto armor & icc shields while theyre within 500gu as well ? cause a 500gu cloak-nullify would cause the following:
icc/ugto camp at planets cause they cant be attacked from luths anymore
luth wont attack/defend cause they cant even get in range for their weapons

SY having a function that disables cloak gadgets on hostile ships like an Interdictor disables JD on hostile ships would cover all of those. No more SY camping, and no interfering with luth defending their own planets.

Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
Page created in 0.033200 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR