No kills today... yet.

Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
05/04/24 +6.3 Days

Search

Anniversaries

14th - wolf420

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » Developer Feedback » » Pulse Wave
 Author Pulse Wave
*FTL*Soulless
Marshal

Posted: 2011-09-22 15:46   
Could the range be increased on it because now with fighters as they are your better off not using it cause its a waste of energy. That is because fighters barely get in its range.

I wouldn't mind if the chance to hit was lowered a bit (say 5%) if its range is increased to maybe 500 Gus, I don't know if the 500 would work but am asking for some range where you atleast have a window where you can pluse some of those fighters that are hitting you

Email *FTL*Soulless
Whiterin
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2011-09-22 17:47   
I think pulse wave is geared more towards Anti missle. While it does work on fighters, the devs said they wanted the way fighters to work was to have people use team work to PD them. Doing this would render fighters useless again.

Antra
Admiral
Agents

Posted: 2011-09-22 18:20   
If Pulse Wave is supposed to be anti-missile, what is the Pulse Beam supposed to do? I'm ICC for life and all, but why the blazes do we need two faction specials dedicated to missile defense?

Email Antra
*FTL*Soulless
Marshal

Posted: 2011-09-22 18:45   
Quote:

On 2011-09-22 17:47, Whiterin wrote:
I think pulse wave is geared more towards Anti missle. While it does work on fighters, the devs said they wanted the way fighters to work was to have people use team work to PD them. Doing this would render fighters useless again.

ICC is the ranged fraction (In theory). ICC has the Pulse wave to help protect it when its fighting at range from missles and used to be fighters. Now Pulse does little to nothing Vs missles cause of the new angles implimented and that they don't render sometimes. Vs fighter its near useless even with my Cdessie moving at 32 gus at fighters they barely get in range to pulse for more than a second

[ This Message was edited by: Soulless *ADM* on 2011-09-22 19:04 ]

Email *FTL*Soulless
Azreal
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2011-09-22 19:09   
I wish the flux wave had the same limitations as the pulse wave.

The fighters were designed this time around to stay out of pd range, which pretty much negates the pulse wave as being really worth the waste of energy. Its ok vs missles, but you may have noticed that those are almost an exclusive ICC weapon.

Too bad you cant swap it out for something useful.

Email Azreal   Goto the website of Azreal
marco ramius
Admiral

Posted: 2011-09-22 20:50   
+1 what Azreal said....swap out for say another reactor perhaps ?

CM7
Midshipman
Faster than Light

Posted: 2011-09-22 22:12   
so fighters are a pain in the ass now? I say good! bout time!

Just relax, pull out your ED, and PD, and help a fella out. Give the staff time to folow through with this, and im sure interceptor fighters will be up and going eventualy.

I dont think anything needs to be done to fighters, beams, pulse beams, or pulse shield to make fighters easier to shoot down.

Just realize this is an unfinished feature (fighters) and have faith that the dev's vision for the futer of DS and fighters is a bright one.

As for pulse shields reliablity, id prefer the old style pulse shield back. the 100% boom one... UGTO's flux works 100%. Kluth's cloak works 100%... why limit ICC's V button? because they destroyed all? Isnt that what the cooldown timer is there to balance?

[ This Message was edited by: Defiance{CM7} on 2011-09-22 22:13 ]

Forger of Destiny
Chief Marshal
We Kick Arse

Posted: 2011-09-22 22:19   
Quote:

On 2011-09-22 15:46, Soulless *ADM* wrote:
now with fighters as they are your better off not using it cause its a waste of energy. That is because fighters barely get in its range.

that the point buddy. you cant have a strike cruiser sniping carrier dreads and a good PD level too. you need team work to beat fighters. just ask someone with a recon scout to either have ecm loadout for hiding you or eccm loadout for dismantling fighter pilots. either way it works.

cant do the lone wolf (no pun intended) heroics without risks anymore.

Kenny_Naboo
Marshal
Pitch Black

Posted: 2011-09-22 23:29   
Bwahahaa.... More QQ??

First everyone was saying how useless carriers were because fighters are stupid and suck ass, always doing stupid suicide runs and getting PD'ed.

And finally the Devs take a stab at it, making them more intelligent, making carriers more useful and some of you guys are now complaining that you can't kill the fighters easily anymore??

Really, guys. LOL.

On a more serious note. Yes, maybe interceptors could have an alternate CAP mode where they will orbit their mother ship or assigned areas and intercept incoming fighters/bombers.

But I'd give it time.

[ This Message was edited by: Kenny_Naboo[+R] on 2011-09-22 23:30 ]

Gejaheline
Fleet Admiral
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2011-09-23 09:08   
In reference to the original post, I'd argue that the pulse wave might be less useful not because it's somehow been nerfed or made less effective, but because the newer ship designs mean that only dedicated missile ships actually have missiles and those dedicated missile ships aren't often used. Personally, I find their crippling energy drain makes them not worth the effort of flying, so no missiles for ICC to use their pulse waves on.

Ants
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2011-09-23 10:54   
Quote:

On 2011-09-23 09:08, Gejaheline wrote:
In reference to the original post, I'd argue that the pulse wave might be less useful not because it's somehow been nerfed or made less effective, but because the newer ship designs mean that only dedicated missile ships actually have missiles and those dedicated missile ships aren't often used. Personally, I find their crippling energy drain makes them not worth the effort of flying, so no missiles for ICC to use their pulse waves on.

So... another +1 for UGTO eh?

Quote:

On 2011-09-22 19:09, Azreal wrote:
I wish the flux wave had the same limitations as the pulse wave.

The fighters were designed this time around to stay out of pd range, which pretty much negates the pulse wave as being really worth the waste of energy. Its ok vs missles, but you may have noticed that those are almost an exclusive ICC weapon.

Too bad you cant swap it out for something useful.

Wait make that +2 for UGTO?

Quote:

On 2011-09-22 22:19, 4th wrote:
Quote:

On 2011-09-22 15:46, Soulless *ADM* wrote:
now with fighters as they are your better off not using it cause its a waste of energy. That is because fighters barely get in its range.

that the point buddy. you cant have a strike cruiser sniping carrier dreads and a good PD level too. you need team work to beat fighters. just ask someone with a recon scout to either have ecm loadout for hiding you or eccm loadout for dismantling fighter pilots. either way it works.

cant do the lone wolf (no pun intended) heroics without risks anymore.

You have a good point here. who does this benefit? UGTO that have the most fighter carriers in their fleets that have mean offense weapons? ICC has 2 useless ships that can fight its way out of a wet paper bag so no use to the fleet.

They all scream team work is how this is meant to be, and lately with the declining numbers on all factions how are we supposed to have this team work?

All ships can PD missiles now with the 8 + lasers on all ships worth launching to. A full load from an MD, Gang (With ECCM) and stations can be PD'ed ever so easily. Yet UGTO's main ranged tactic form (Fighters) do not even enter PD or Pulse range?!?!

let me put another +2 there...

[ This Message was edited by: Fatal Ants (XO) on 2011-09-23 11:07 ]

[ML]RogueAvengerTTV
Marshal

Posted: 2011-09-23 11:21   
or hell mabye trade the pulse wave for a device that gives a 25% boost to the energy bank over 5-10 seconds or a device that increase energy regeneration by 30-40% for 10-15 seconds i mean icc have pulse lasers they don't really need another pding device why not give them something use full for instants you take heavy damage and retreat yet ai/ player follows u you could use the device to help keep shields in defense mode while you hope for your jd to recharge

Email [ML]RogueAvengerTTV
Pantheon
Marshal
Palestar

Posted: 2011-09-23 12:57   
You act like it cannot be used ever.

It still fills its intended role, and will not be changed.

NoBoDx
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2011-09-23 13:40   
Quote:

On 2011-09-23 10:54, Fatal Ants (XO) wrote:

You have a good point here. who does this benefit? UGTO that have the most fighter carriers in their fleets that have mean offense weapons? ICC has 2 useless ships that can fight its way out of a wet paper bag so no use to the fleet.

afaik icc are the only faction with fighters on cruiser
and luth only have 2 ships with figthers (brood + colony)

Page created in 0.022351 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR