No kills today... yet.

Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
05/04/24 +6.3 Days

Search

Anniversaries

14th - wolf420

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » Developer Feedback » » 30 Second combat timer
Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
 Author 30 Second combat timer
Ants
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2011-09-24 08:30   
Beta 1.672

Quote:

- Added 30 second combat timer (which can be viewed in the top right hand corner under Credits), this change affects the following things:
* You cannot dock whilst the timer is active.
* You will receive a 50% repair bonus from external sources (planets, other ships, and platforms).

Didn't you mean you will recieve a -50% repair bonus?

This is just going to reinforce planet hugging more and again be a direct benifit to heavy armor faction(s). 30 seconds is a long time in battle and making it ever so easy for the heavy armor faction(s) to go back to planet hugging, plat and station spamming.
IE Planet Depot repairs all friendlys and spam 5-10 supply plats... toss in a SS repair field and reloads...

I believe in combat to make the game more fair to all is to reduce the amout of incombat supply a ship can recieve. We are looking to have combat not shell shock.

Docking timer is a great idea

My 2 cents

Yeah I know I put a "s" on factions to imply it only helps one faction.

[ This Message was edited by: Fatal Ants (XO) on 2011-09-24 08:36 ]

[ML]RogueAvengerTTV
Marshal

Posted: 2011-09-24 08:34   
Quote:

On 2011-09-24 08:30, Fatal Ants (XO) wrote:
Beta 1.672

Quote:

- Added 30 second combat timer (which can be viewed in the top right hand corner under Credits), this change affects the following things:
* You cannot dock whilst the timer is active.
* You will receive a 50% repair bonus from external sources (planets, other ships, and platforms).

Didn't you mean you will recieve a -50% repair bonus?

This is just going to reinforce planet hiugging more and again be a direct benifit to heavy armor faction(s). 30 seconds is a long time in battle and making it ever so easy for the heavy armor faction(s) to go back to planet hugging, plat and station spamming.
IE Planet Depot repairs all friendlys and spam 5-10 supply plats... toss in a SS repair field and reloads...

I believe in combat to make the game more fair to all is to reduce the amout of incombat supply a ship can recieve. We are looking to have combat not shell shock.

My 2 cents

Yeah I know I put a "s" on factions to imply it only helps one faction.

+1 it will only help ugto to hug planets again however if you gave icc 50% donus the shield regen while being repaired in battle and luth an increased ahr time it would even out a bit

Email [ML]RogueAvengerTTV
Xavier I. Agamemnon
Grand Admiral
Exathra Alliance Fleet

Posted: 2011-09-24 09:23   
not a bad idea. needs a bit of work though

Xavier I. Agamemnon
CD/I.C.S Spartacus
HC/I.C.S Athena
CDD/I.C.S Achilles
Leader of the Exathra Alliance Fleet.

Email Xavier I. Agamemnon   Goto the website of Xavier I. Agamemnon
Pantheon
Marshal
Palestar

Posted: 2011-09-24 10:52   
I don't think you guys understand what it means...

After 30 seconds of taking no damage and dealing no damage do you get a 50% boost. ICC already have defence mode so a shield boost is not required.

Azreal
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2011-09-24 11:01   
I'd personally prefer it if there was a -50% to ships taking damage, as oposed to boosting the out of combat repair rate. The rates atm are actually quite good as they are. Ugto can still tank too much damage at a planet tho, which this does nothing to correct. It wont effect the current rate of repair, if I am reading this correctly.

This just heads in the wrong direction, imo.

Email Azreal   Goto the website of Azreal
Pantheon
Marshal
Palestar

Posted: 2011-09-24 11:06   
Quote:

On 2011-09-24 11:01, Azreal wrote:
I'd personally prefer it if there was a -50% to ships taking damage, as oposed to boosting the out of combat repair rate. The rates atm are actually quite good as they are. Ugto can still tank too much damage at a planet tho, which this does nothing to correct. It wont effect the current rate of repair, if I am reading this correctly.

This just heads in the wrong direction, imo.

Definitely not true. Gadget repair rates are significantly lower than hull repair rates.

Azreal
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2011-09-24 12:36   
not talking about gadgets vs hull vs armor. Im talking about repairing at a planet while being attacked. Period. That covers all of that. All of it should be reduced when there is an enemy firing at you.

CM7
Midshipman
Faster than Light

Posted: 2011-09-24 14:23   
just pointing out. a station with DC and one rep drone can repair its self from dead to full health faster than a dread at a depot with several rep drones on it.

What does thsi do to that?

+50% rep rate i believe would have a station repairing from dead to 100% befor its jd charges.

Id also like to point out, that if you get a supply bonus for being out of combat for 30 seconds, and it affects ahr, then kluth have become a hell of a lot more powerful. Time between their attacks is rarely below 30 seconds.

Im not trying to bash you... just trying to help

Thanks
Defiance

*Edit*== Sorry... misread the dev log. Forget what i said about kluth. (external repair bonus for out of combat)

[ This Message was edited by: Defiance{CM7} on 2011-09-24 14:24 ]

Krim {C?}
Marshal
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2011-09-24 14:29   
Quote:

On 2011-09-24 12:36, Azreal wrote:
not talking about gadgets vs hull vs armor. Im talking about repairing at a planet while being attacked. Period. That covers all of that. All of it should be reduced when there is an enemy firing at you.

That's what it means doesn't it?

The combat timer is for Out of Combat repair, if you're shot at or shooting you loose the bonus (which doesn't just apply to planets, but also to deep space repairs etc...) So it doesn't make ships invincible while repairing, it just increases the repair rate out of combat.

GTN - Veneratio est Totus

Goto the website of Krim {C?}
CM7
Midshipman
Faster than Light

Posted: 2011-09-24 14:32   
yes. the only thing this helps is return time.

Should help out with noobs and vets (cant believe some vets) that have shell shock and are suffering from depot planet withdraws.

Something people dont like about being destroyed in their dread in under 5 seconds, and taking 8 mins to repair...

(remembers how long it took to repair ICC ships befor defense mode and lols at them)

Azreal
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2011-09-24 15:43   
to me that means its a bonus to what we currently have. That means that we get a faster repair than we have now if out of combat.

I want something that nerfs heals at a planet when you are in combat from what we have now, because it is still to fast as it currently is.

Talien
Marshal
Templar Knights

Posted: 2011-09-24 15:53   
Quote:

On 2011-09-24 15:43, Azreal wrote:
to me that means its a bonus to what we currently have. That means that we get a faster repair than we have now if out of combat.

I want something that nerfs heals at a planet when you are in combat from what we have now, because it is still to fast as it currently is.

This. Why is it a repair rate bonus for not being damaged for 30 seconds instead of a penalty for when you're actually being damaged? Repair rates are fast enough as they are especially for Stations.

Flux Capacitor
Marshal

Posted: 2011-09-24 15:57   
why not make rep drones PD-able? like make em little transport pods that fix u? think that solves the problem

Goto the website of Flux Capacitor
Fatal Afro Man *NCO*
Marshal
Fatal Squadron

Posted: 2011-09-24 15:58   
What about keeping the +50% (i think its a good idea to keep combat going imo) but have like -20% to planet repairs while in combat, this way there will still be a job for combat supply, while at the same time reduce planet hugging/depot camping.

MrSparkle
Marshal

Posted: 2011-09-24 16:04   
Quote:

On 2011-09-24 15:43, Azreal wrote:

Same here, you should lose repair when you are being attacked. I've been saying that for ages now.

In a way this can be seen as doing that. If we gain +50% bonus when not attacked, we can consider that the new normal speed and being attacked is -50% penalty. But that means that the new normal speed is quite high.

I don't think you should be able to repair at a depot at a really fast rate and then jump right back into the battle. There's no attrition that way. In all honesty there hasn't been attrition in a long time. You destroy an enemy and he quickly jumps back to the battle in another ship, and only after you exhaust his combat ships in his garage is he truly gone (unless he just logs). I've seen quite a few situations where a constant flow of new ships from the defender meant the difference between defending and losing a key planet.

Increasing out of combat repair rate might make it worse. If anything, keep the current repair rate as the normal rate, and drop the in combat repair rate by 50% (meaning in beta, drop repair rate by 50% and increase out of combat bonus by 50%). If you want faster repair, get someone to repair you

Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
Page created in 0.023929 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR