No kills today... yet.

Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
04/27/24 +44.8 Minutes

Search

Anniversaries

No anniversaries today.

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » Developer Feedback » » 30 Second combat timer
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
 Author 30 Second combat timer
Krim {C?}
Marshal
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2011-09-24 16:22   
Give repair ships a different level gadget that repair faster. Remember the supply suckling that used to happen? Give repair ships a more important job, and while in combat maybe reduce thier effectivness to not make them so godlike?

GTN - Veneratio est Totus

Goto the website of Krim {C?}
Ants
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2011-09-24 16:33   
Quote:

On 2011-09-24 10:52, Pantheon wrote:
I don't think you guys understand what it means...

After 30 seconds of taking no damage and dealing no damage do you get a 50% boost. ICC already have defence mode so a shield boost is not required.

Thanks for the clarification.

I did test this in Beta today and the combat counter kept resetting at 30 secs from 25 all and the planet seemd to repair the EAD I pulled quite fast in combat.

I do think a reduction to repair in combat would still be a good idea. perhaps a 30% decrease from Planets and Plats. and normal rate of repair from players to promote in-combat supply.

Pantheon
Marshal
Palestar

Posted: 2011-09-24 17:58   
So let me get this right.

You all want a -50% repair rate, but a 100% repair rate out of combat? I forsee balance issues with UGTO if that goes through (since they're the only real faction that would be affected by this).

The balance at the moment is fine, and the only issue I see is that higher-end ships can take quite a while to repair at a planet. This was the solution I came up with whilst making sure we don't revert to 1.5 'uber depots'.

I'm not exactly in favour of nerfing repair in combat considering that right now it's fine. Making changes 'just because' is not always a good idea. This change was added, as was mentioned above, to allow people to repair that little bit faster without enabling insane uber defence at planets.

Lithium
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2011-09-24 18:10   
Disable Defense Mode while in combat.

Radiance
Grand Admiral
*Renegade Space Marines*

Posted: 2011-09-24 18:20   
Quote:

On 2011-09-24 18:10, Lithium wrote:

AHR then too.

*FTL*Soulless
Marshal

Posted: 2011-09-24 19:20   
Quote:

On 2011-09-24 18:20, ~Illusion Failure Maze~ wrote:
Quote:

On 2011-09-24 18:10, Lithium wrote:

AHR then too.

completly remove UGTO armor repair

What you guys are saying is so stupid its crazy you even said it. What you just said is to remove the things that allow luth and ICC to stay in a fight for a little bit longer. And if that happens to balance UGTO armor repair would have to be taken away while in combat. Now do you uggies really want that?

Jack to balance more with this add could shields use say 50% less energy when the time goes over?

Email *FTL*Soulless
Pantheon
Marshal
Palestar

Posted: 2011-09-24 19:57   
The only thing on the table is the 50%, nothing else.

Talien
Marshal
Templar Knights

Posted: 2011-09-24 20:37   
Quote:

On 2011-09-24 17:58, Pantheon wrote:

You all want a -50% repair rate, but a 100% repair rate out of combat? I forsee balance issues with UGTO if that goes through (since they're the only real faction that would be affected by this).

The balance at the moment is fine, and the only issue I see is that higher-end ships can take quite a while to repair at a planet. This was the solution I came up with whilst making sure we don't revert to 1.5 'uber depots'.

Isn't repairing faster what supply platforms, supply ships, and SS are for, especially with the addition of the AOE repair field? Teamwork and all that? It doesn't take that long to repair as it is, throw in a SS and a couple supply plats and a 5 hull 0 armor Dreadnought will repair to full in just a few minutes. Stations even faster because of DC.

Pantheon
Marshal
Palestar

Posted: 2011-09-24 20:47   
Quote:

On 2011-09-24 20:37, Talien wrote:
Quote:

Isn't repairing faster what supply platforms, supply ships, and SS are for, especially with the addition of the AOE repair field? Teamwork and all that? It doesn't take that long to repair as it is, throw in a SS and a couple supply plats and a 5 hull 0 armor Dreadnought will repair to full in just a few minutes. Stations even faster because of DC.

1) Even with OOC repairing, it takes longer than 5 minutes for a dread.
2) External sources don't include AHR and DC.
3) This just speeds up the recovery process, you can still use platforms and teammates.
4) Quit complaining for complainings sake without trying it first.

Lark of Serenity
Grand Admiral
Raven Warriors

Posted: 2011-09-24 21:00   
so, what i think it should be, and what ive suggested in the past:

- if youre being shot, all repairs stop. armour stops regenerating, if you have AHR your hull stops repairing as well. dead stop. should continue for a period afterwards as well, to accomodate the traverse time of a volley of torpedoes/missiles, and a ship cloaking and trying to escape. whether or not the devs would want to include shields in this is up to them. perhaps a much shorter pause for every weapons impact.

- if there isnt a soul in sight, go ahead and buff repair times.

MrSparkle
Marshal

Posted: 2011-09-24 21:05   
Quote:

I'm not exactly in favour of nerfing repair in combat considering that right now it's fine. Making changes 'just because' is not always a good idea. This change was added, as was mentioned above, to allow people to repair that little bit faster without enabling insane uber defence at planets.

No I wouldn't say we want -50% repair rate but 100% out of combat. -50% in combat (from current, not beta) is probably too much of a penalty.

With this change in beta, combat repair stays the current rate and out of combat repair is increased +50%. If you look at it a certain way, the beta out of combat bonus is really the normal rate, and in combat would be a -50% reduction from that.

What some people like Az and myself would rather see, I think, is the current out of combat rate stay the same and the current in combat rate get a minor penalty. Not -50%, but maybe 15%-20%. If someone wants to repair faster, they need a supply ship, support station or platforms to repair them. That's what they're for. I prefer supply or stations since at least prestige will be earned.

If you don't want to nerf combat repair, even a little, it's OK. It's not the problem it used to be, although there's always room for some tweaking. Out of combat doesn't need to be faster though. We have garages of multiple ships we can burn through if we need to get back into combat fast, but we shouldn't be able to repair so fast without help that we can take a destroyed ship back into combat in short time.

Depot + supply/station/platform should be the repair bonus, not the depot itself.

Pantheon
Marshal
Palestar

Posted: 2011-09-24 21:18   
Try it.

Gejaheline
Fleet Admiral
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2011-09-24 22:01   
Okay, just to make it clear, there's no actual penalty when in combat. In combat, external repairs (from supply ships and so on) are exactly the same as they used to be.

When OUT of combat, i.e. you've not shot anyone or been shot for 30 seconds, you get an extra 50% to your repair rates from supply ships.

There are no penalties, nothing has been slowed down. Things speed up when you're out of combat, it is a bonus.

Internal effects like armour's natural repair and AHR have not been affected. The whole point is to get people back into the fight a little bit faster, not affect how repairs work during battles.

Iwancoppa
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2011-09-24 22:04   
Quote:

On 2011-09-24 15:43, Azreal wrote:
I want something that nerfs heals at a planet when you are in combat from what we have now, because it is still to fast as it currently is.

I absolutely agree.

Shigernafy
Admiral

Posted: 2011-09-24 22:16   
Quote:
On 2011-09-24 22:01, Gejaheline wrote:
There are no penalties, nothing has been slowed down. Things speed up when you're out of combat, it is a bonus.

I think that's pretty clearly established. What our backseat devs are suggesting is doing what you are clarifying it does not - making combat repair slower but keeping out-of-combat the same.

Which is funny, since half the time we get people complaining the game is too slow and needs to be sped up/arcade-ified. Yet here is a change that keeps people engaged, lets them rejoin the action more quickly, and its apparently backwards?

Email Shigernafy
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
Page created in 0.028674 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR