No kills today... yet.

Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
04/27/24 +2.4 Hours

Search

Anniversaries

No anniversaries today.

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » Developer Feedback » » 30 Second combat timer
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 )
 Author 30 Second combat timer
Forger of Destiny
Chief Marshal
We Kick Arse

Posted: 2011-09-24 23:46   
Quote:

On 2011-09-24 22:16, Shigernafy wrote:
Yet here is a change that keeps people engaged, lets them rejoin the action more quickly.

if its to help people rejoin combat faster then both me and

give a thumb up to it.

MrSparkle
Marshal

Posted: 2011-09-25 00:05   
Quote:

On 2011-09-24 22:16, Shigernafy wrote:
Quote:
On 2011-09-24 22:01, Gejaheline wrote:
There are no penalties, nothing has been slowed down. Things speed up when you're out of combat, it is a bonus.

I think that's pretty clearly established. What our backseat devs are suggesting is doing what you are clarifying it does not - making combat repair slower but keeping out-of-combat the same.

Which is funny, since half the time we get people complaining the game is too slow and needs to be sped up/arcade-ified. Yet here is a change that keeps people engaged, lets them rejoin the action more quickly, and its apparently backwards?

Well it's a difference in opinions. Some of us don't want this to be arcade/FPS action-packed, where you just respawn and get right back in the action.

So some want it and some don't, and it's really up to you what happens.

(remember that I'm a scenario fan, where the game is not an action game or FPS-in-space but a sort of tactical chess match with a lot of different elements all working at the same time)

Azreal
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2011-09-25 00:13   
you already have 8 ships to choose from. Atm, between no blockades to speak of, and healing being pretty fast atm as it is, combat isnt really all that slow, tbh.

Its only going to take 5 mins or so to heal a ship if you only have 1 depot. That isnt how people play the game. There are usually plats, ai sups, and generally I see a sup stat or two as well. That and the fact that u can stack depots if you are at certain planets.

To me, and I dont think Im alone, there isnt an issue with fast combat. There is simply still too much of an issue of people being able to heal too fast at planets while in combat.

Im not saying the buff in out-of-combat is bad. I am saying that there shouls ALSO BE a penalty for in combat heals from depots and plats. I think that player heals are fine as is. That helps to drive the teamwork we are looking for, and would actually make that teamwork more vital if there was a penalty to in combat healing.

Anyways, Ive offered all I can on the subject. Horse is dead, and I have no desire to continue beating on it.

Email Azreal   Goto the website of Azreal
Sauur
Chief Marshal
Praetorian Wolves

Posted: 2011-09-25 03:21   
This actually benefits K;luth a great deal also .... once again too much.

Both Luth and UGTO stand to get very easy repair rates while ICC get zip.............again. With well setup plats this can very easily be used to overwhelm ICC.

By the time you have jumped to your repair point ......... especially double jumping, your 30 seconds is used up so ur in bonus mode and as soon as jump drive is ready many Kluth players will be ready to tag straight back into alpha combat. Biggest concern will be have they got their energy back?

I think the thought process behind this is decent. But for some reason you choose to bring it into the game in such a manner that it potentially changes the immediate dynamic of the game............... why?

I would suggest initially keeping the timer at about 2 minutes or more and if it is feasable reduce / increase / remove the timer. It can take 5 minutes + to rep a dread. Surely you can monitor and adjust the bonuses from that.

Small steps........... imo

Otherwise happy to take it and exploit it >:)

Enterprise
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2011-09-25 08:07   
All it takes a single shot to reset the timer. You can't sit and tank to get the benefit, you have to be completely neutral. Good luck doing that against fighters. It wouldn't be hard to keep people "in combat", so good luck exploiting it.

It helps alot by letting people get back into the action quicker while not making them absolutely invincible while in action. Its like a big win-win there.

While it doesn't benefit ICC nearly as much as Kluth or UGTO, its still does benefit especially after death. The less downtime there is, the more time you have to go out and have fun. Having people repair fast lets this happen - especially in this scenario which doesn't affect actual combat. In no way does it encourage planet hugging more than it already exists, and 30 seconds is a long time to go without so much as firing a shot if you're in enemy territory.

I would argue that defense mode should allow a 50% boost on its own after 30 seconds of no combat, so that it can compete on the level of armor., but even without it its still fair and balanced. Try it out before you hack away at it for what I can see is no good reason.

-Ent

Pantheon
Marshal
Palestar

Posted: 2011-09-25 09:22   
How about lets all try it, before we moan about things that we don't understand?

Locking this topic until people have enough time to give suitable feedback on it - not feedback based on theory.

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 )
Page created in 0.009941 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR