Combat Kills

Combat kills in last 24 hours:
No kills today... yet.

Upcoming Events

Search

Anniversaries

14th - wolf420

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » Developer Feedback » » what if you wanted to rapair instantly?
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
 Author what if you wanted to rapair instantly?
Forger of Destiny
Chief Marshal
We Kick Arse

Posted: 2011-09-26 05:31   
or make it so that after using the enhancement on the ship, the next time it undocks from the shipyard it will automatically repair to full.

that way, you need to deal with being out of the playing zone as well as taking care of the combat timer, while providing flexibility in the form of instant repair when you want a specific damaged ship at a tactically special time.

problem solved.

Enterprise
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2011-09-26 07:16   
Sorry, but I've played enough free MMOs where paying into it giving too much power ultimately alienates the rest of the playerbase.

This is why you don't have things like paying for prestige or paying for special ships or for badges. It ruins it for everyone else. Fortunately greed does not run this game.

And consequently does not ruin it. There is no reason why having more money should entitle anyone to anything that causes significant imbalance. This is one such case.

Make it pricey. 1k+. I wouldn't mind if it got used in combat at that point. If its out of combat only.. 500+ sounds reasonable.

-Ent

Kenny_Naboo
Marshal
Pitch Black

Posted: 2011-09-26 12:20   
Quote:

On 2011-09-26 07:16, Enterprise wrote:
Sorry, but I've played enough free MMOs where paying into it giving too much power ultimately alienates the rest of the playerbase.

This is why you don't have things like paying for prestige or paying for special ships or for badges. It ruins it for everyone else. Fortunately greed does not run this game.

And consequently does not ruin it. There is no reason why having more money should entitle anyone to anything that causes significant imbalance. This is one such case.

Make it pricey. 1k+. I wouldn't mind if it got used in combat at that point. If its out of combat only.. 500+ sounds reasonable.

-Ent

But that's the ugly truth for Microtransactions-run games. It's free to play if you're not willing to pay. For those who're willing to pay, they get perks which gives them advantages.

That's why I advocate 1K for 75% instarep, only at SYs. Out of combat.

In combat, instarep, no matter the price, is just ridiculous. Hull rechargers are a bad bad idea.

Iwancoppa
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2011-09-27 05:25   
Quote:

On 2011-09-25 14:35, RogueAvenger10 wrote:
mabye add one like the energy rechager enchs say 50% hull repair for say 250 creds each (only out of combat usable [to stop abuse])

also, add: Not within 10 sec of beign cloaked, ro while cloaked.

*FTL*Soulless
Marshal

Posted: 2011-09-27 06:34   
Quote:

On 2011-09-27 05:25, iwancoppa wrote:
Quote:

On 2011-09-25 14:35, RogueAvenger10 wrote:
mabye add one like the energy rechager enchs say 50% hull repair for say 250 creds each (only out of combat usable [to stop abuse])

also, add: Not within 10 sec of beign cloaked, ro while cloaked.

no It be best off as: you have to be orbiting a Shipyard planet and no enemies near by (IE your screen can't be flashing red)

Email *FTL*Soulless
Pantheon
Marshal
Palestar

Posted: 2011-09-27 06:41   
Quote:

On 2011-09-26 12:20, Kenny_Naboo[+R] wrote:
Quote:

On 2011-09-26 07:16, Enterprise wrote:

-Ent

But that's the ugly truth for Microtransactions-run games. It's free to play if you're not willing to pay. For those who're willing to pay, they get perks which gives them advantages.

That's why I advocate 1K for 75% instarep, only at SYs. Out of combat.

In combat, instarep, no matter the price, is just ridiculous. Hull rechargers are a bad bad idea.

Enhancements don't really support the ability to tell what planet the ship is orbitting or if it has a shipyard on it. All we do is assign them to a noun, to which they will increase or decrease preset modifiers in the noun's code.

NoBoDx
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2011-09-27 06:52   
why dont you just scrap the ship and spawn a new one & buy the enhancements

*FTL*Soulless
Marshal

Posted: 2011-09-27 06:54   
If thats the case jack couldn't it be made so you use it from the ship selection screen, If that is possible a timer would be needed so someone doesn't just use then to repair the same ship after dieing or docking. So say 2 minutes between each use, which is timed based on the users computer?

Email *FTL*Soulless
Pantheon
Marshal
Palestar

Posted: 2011-09-27 06:56   
Quote:

On 2011-09-27 06:54, Kanos wrote:
If thats the case jack couldn't it be made so you use it from the ship selection screen, If that is possible a timer would be needed so someone doesn't just use then to repair the same ship after dieing or docking. So say 2 minutes between each use, which is timed based on the users computer?

A ship isn't a noun in the ship selection screen. Only when you spawn is it converted into one.

MrSparkle
Marshal

Posted: 2011-09-27 13:49   
So like a magic healing potion? This isn't WoW. I don't like the idea.

I still prefer the tried-and-true "get a supply or support station" method of gradual repair.

I'm also not a fan of item mall games where paying gives such a direct ingame bonus. Enhancements in DS are fine, but once you start adding useable things like magic potions it's crossed a line, unless those things can also be obtained ingame without too much difficulty.

On top of that, I'm just not a fan of instant repair. I'd rather depot repair be slowed a bit in order to encourage player repairs - and in a way platforms count as player repair since they take time and resources to build. But since this new depot system is vastly superior to the old system, it's all good still.

jimjimjaroo
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2011-09-27 14:54   
Quote:

On 2011-09-27 13:49, MrSparkle wrote:
So like a magic healing potion? This isn't WoW. I don't like the idea.

I still prefer the tried-and-true "get a supply or support station" method of gradual repair.

I'm also not a fan of item mall games where paying gives such a direct ingame bonus. Enhancements in DS are fine, but once you start adding useable things like magic potions it's crossed a line, unless those things can also be obtained ingame without too much difficulty.

On top of that, I'm just not a fan of instant repair. I'd rather depot repair be slowed a bit in order to encourage player repairs - and in a way platforms count as player repair since they take time and resources to build. But since this new depot system is vastly superior to the old system, it's all good still.

we can have temporary enhancements where repairing the hull is 25% more faster(just like the one for armor) but there can also be other %'s that can be optainable. like 1-5% repair enhancements that can be optained varied on what you kill and you can hold up to 8(just like regular enhancements) but it dont have to be just 1-5% repairing, it can be up to 10%. now remember, these are temporary, meaning you keep them until the durability runs out or the timer runs out. timer could vary on what you get. 10% may be for 30 minutes but 20% may only 15 but lets say you PAY an extra 200 credits for the 20% enhancement, you can get an extra 5 minutes for it. this applies for all of these enhancements. but lets say you accidentally got(or bought) one of these enhancement and wanted to put a few more minutes on it, you can still add minutes to it, you can click on the enhancement/s and should have the option to add time to it paying cedits(you would type it in like you were going to give someone credits).

that ending piece there gives me an idea. lets use that same option for other enhancements but to increase the durability. lets say 100 credits to add 1/20 durability and 1000 credits to add 10/20 credits. this will vary on what kind of enhancement you have(ex. enhanced or advanced).

i thinks that will wrap up my ideas.

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
Page created in 0.024183 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR