No kills today... yet.

Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
04/20/24 +8.2 Hours

Search

Anniversaries

No anniversaries today.

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » Development Updates » » Improved Blind-fire
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
 Author Improved Blind-fire
[ML]RogueAvengerTTV
Marshal

Posted: 2011-09-30 15:06   
Quote:

On 2011-09-30 14:40, Kanos wrote:
Quote:

On 2011-09-30 07:25, RogueAvenger10 wrote:

I have played ICC for 2 years. I kinda think i know how to play. So try taking a stock HC and fly under 10 Gus vs ugto or luth and see how well you do

dont fly it at under 10 gus then...

Email [ML]RogueAvengerTTV
Fluttershy
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2011-09-30 16:06   
I hoped we could have all agreed on the fact that Ctrl clicking is only suitable for setting way points for navigation and creating platform constructions, and NOT for blind fire.

Please, we need some sort of revision to manual aiming, because the current one is clearly messed up.

I've used it with some success with hitting cloaked ships, but it's just REALLY unintuitive.

Boerenkool
Marshal

Posted: 2011-09-30 17:53   
praktice more. wtf how long u played?

Incinarator
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2011-09-30 18:35   
Ctrl-Clicking is useless for blind firing? I am not sure what you are on to. I am a pretty long standing K'luth fan and I fly them alot, and I can tell you it is ENTIRELY possible to effectively blind fire only using static points with control (not using the method Geja just pointed out). Simply put the point a small distance from your ship, and the spread created by the projectiles will fan out and catch any K'luth flying by. I used to play as ICC all the time on scenario and I had to deal with random stealthy K'luth attacks by players with little backup. It just takes a good deal of pratice and intuition to pull off.

I think the reason why you find it so hard to do it is because you don't fly as the K'luth very often, and so you haven't had to learn the mechanics of flying under cloak. If you spent a decent amount of time as a K'luth and learned how to fight with cloak on, it would be a very large step into being able to understand and counter the movement of cloaked enemies while you are on other teams.

Also, quite opposite to what has been said, I derive a BENEFIT from flying fast while I am blind firing for K'luth. I put the point in front of me and a little out to the side and then fly past it to greatly increase the spread of the projectiles and beams. Also, flying quickly prevents the enemy K'luth ships from having a very high angular velocity (moving around you quickly) so you don't have to worry about them going from, say, your right side to your left side, or in front of you to behind you. They will also find it very hard to keep up with you while they are cloaked because they will loose energy very rapidly and decloaking to attack would end in failure because of energy problems. When used in conjuntion with pinging, blind firing is entirely adequate in fighting cloaked K'luth, though naturally if they are in a destroyer or below it will be much harder to blind fire for them, but it is possible.

Basically, practice and go play on the K'luth team for a while to learn how they move.

Ravendark
Marshal
Sanity Assassins

Posted: 2011-09-30 18:36   
hell no! no blindfire improvment! go ask flash, he knows how to do it right!

his blindfire skills are so masterful that sometimes it makes me think he's using hacks to see me...but i think know his secret, he is blind

Fluttershy
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2011-09-30 22:53   
Oh ok, only the truly masterful captains can blind fire properly. got it.

CM7
Midshipman
Faster than Light

Posted: 2011-10-01 02:19   
like i said, only a handful can actualy do it to a point of affectivness.

Of course kluth would not want it easier. I for one, am for the idea... but seing how the game works, i dont think its probable. Even if it was put in, there is the pesky, weapons only do damage to original target point problem.

Borgie
Chief Marshal
Pitch Black

Posted: 2011-10-01 02:19   
Quote:

On 2011-09-30 18:36, Ravendark wrote:
hell no! no blindfire improvment! go ask flash, he knows how to do it right!

his blindfire skills are so masterful that sometimes it makes me think he's using hacks to see me...but i think know his secret, he is blind

its more luck then anything tbh. and when taking blind fire volleys i bob and weeve and different speeds to avoid it. also only reason flash and lets use nem are effective in there blind fire is they have 2 dreds firing at 2 different points in the same 100 gu area of each other, makes avoiding it alot harder.

Email Borgie
[ML]RogueAvengerTTV
Marshal

Posted: 2011-10-01 02:31   
Quote:

On 2011-09-30 16:06, Fluttershy wrote:
I hoped we could have all agreed on the fact that Ctrl clicking is only suitable for setting way points for navigation and creating platform constructions, and NOT for blind fire.

Please, we need some sort of revision to manual aiming, because the current one is clearly messed up.

I've used it with some success with hitting cloaked ships, but it's just REALLY unintuitive.

IF blind fire became so easy then why use cloak 'cuz your only gonna get hit by blind fire anyway it wouldn totaly nagte cloaking in dreads...

Kenny_Naboo
Marshal
Pitch Black

Posted: 2011-10-01 04:56   

I think what the OP want is to make manual targetting and beam sweeping easier. Sort of a one button, and thing.

I don't mind. I'm all for it. It shouldn't have to be a ballet with your fingers to beam sweep.

Skill is one thing. i believe that USING the beam sweep should be the skill, and not executing it via some complicated finger moves.

Fluttershy
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2011-10-01 07:16   
Thank you for understanding me Kenny.
Yes that is exactly what I mean.
The current blind fire system is just a finger contorting clicky glitchy laggy mess.

And Rogue, it wont nullify cloak at all.
You can change direction, dodge the shots, get out of the area that they suspect you to be in, and come in from an entirely unexpected direction and get the jump on them, again.

[ML]RogueAvengerTTV
Marshal

Posted: 2011-10-01 07:39   
Quote:

On 2011-10-01 07:16, Fluttershy wrote:
Thank you for understanding me Kenny.
Yes that is exactly what I mean.
The current blind fire system is just a finger contorting clicky glitchy laggy mess.

And Rogue, it wont nullify cloak at all.
You can change direction, dodge the shots, get out of the area that they suspect you to be in, and come in from an entirely unexpected direction and get the jump on them, again.

It will if it makes finding them so easy if i was moving out of where i thought you think i wasn and u hit me then u know where i am and the process repeats and have you tryed to doge cannon fire in a dread? its not as easy as you might think it seems that everyone wants this game to be less about skill and more about log on get a ship just hit buttons and win instead of thinking where could my target have gone and trying to blind fire to find them there of plenty of people who blind fire superbly well why not go learn from one of them instead of making suggestions to effectivly nurf one faction ? people including my self are allways happy to teach new players the tricks of the trade so to speak but people dont ask they exspect to be the best from the moment they log on which isnt the case

Faustus
Marshal
Palestar

Posted: 2011-10-01 10:09   
I like this, will see about adding this feature for the next update.

Goto the website of Faustus
*FTL*Soulless
Marshal

Posted: 2011-10-01 10:45   
Quote:

On 2011-10-01 10:09, Faustus wrote:

Faustus has spoken. Now just have to wait and see how it will turn out and what changes would have to me make to balance things out

Email *FTL*Soulless
Talien
Marshal
Templar Knights

Posted: 2011-10-01 14:32   
Quote:

On 2011-10-01 07:39, RogueAvenger10 wrote:
It will if it makes finding them so easy if i was moving out of where i thought you think i wasn and u hit me then u know where i am and the process repeats and have you tryed to doge cannon fire in a dread? its not as easy as you might think it seems that everyone wants this game to be less about skill and more about log on get a ship just hit buttons and win instead of thinking where could my target have gone and trying to blind fire to find them there of plenty of people who blind fire superbly well why not go learn from one of them instead of making suggestions to effectivly nurf one faction ? people including my self are allways happy to teach new players the tricks of the trade so to speak but people dont ask they exspect to be the best from the moment they log on which isnt the case

This won't make blind fire more effective at all, the only thing it will do is make it so you don't have to contort your hands into shapes they were never meant to be in just to be able to drag a manual target point around the screen. It doesn't change the mechanics of it at all, just makes it less painful to do.

Quote:

On 2011-10-01 10:09, Faustus wrote:

Nice.....our hands thank you.

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
Page created in 0.027559 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR