No kills today... yet.

Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
04/27/24 +8.0 Hours

Search

Anniversaries

No anniversaries today.

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » Developer Feedback » » 1.672 - Beta Test Feedback
Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
 Author 1.672 - Beta Test Feedback
Pantheon
Marshal
Palestar

Posted: 2011-10-03 12:18   
Please post your feedback based on the beta test event here. Credit rewards will be handed out to those who give significant feedback and help test.

This thread is ONLY for feedback, not for suggestions or non-related complaints. Make your posts constructive or risk your post being deleted and ignored.

Rewards for best feedback and testing:

1st: 20,000 credits.
2nd: 10,00 credits.
3rd: 5,000 credits.
[ This Message was edited by: Pantheon on 2011-10-03 12:22 ]

Gejaheline
Fleet Admiral
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2011-10-03 13:27   
New beam effects are pretty cool, although the way the beams all always move towards the centre of the target in precisely X seconds makes it look a bit weird if you fire a huge number of beams at once. Might look better if they targeted a random device and moved towards another random device?

Armour level removal (if it's implemented) I can't say I've really noticed. Maybe I lasted longer in destroyers and frigates, but dreads and such still cause you to explode virtually instantly, so it's certainly not a game-breaking change of dooom.

More once I've found someone to shoot at aside from AI.

[ADDENDUM] Shield SFX still seem to be hilariously broken, since they appear faaar outside the target's hitbox, making for a spectacular light display when shooting at ICC ships.
[ This Message was edited by: Gejaheline on 2011-10-03 13:32 ]

Flux Capacitor
Marshal

Posted: 2011-10-03 14:15   
I've just took the dev log and checked each point.

1) planet locking. when typing for instance /lock buffalo ADM the server still gives feedback of planet being locked (quote: "planet locked under your orders." in white), but it doesnt show in f3 mode. in f3 it planet govern rank still shows midshipman and i cant unlock the planet, only lock it. >>>obviously its because of typo<<<. when using the 2 letter code it works for every level, the ai engineer cant build the planet.

Also nice to see that /lock buffalo NO also works it unlocks the planet.

2) dictor has succesfully been removed from escapor

3) frigate mid space. cloak timer 3 sec, cloak 3 sec (speed 10,1), decloak 0,3 sec. 4,3 signal
cruiser mid space, cloak timer 5 sec, cloak 6 sec (speed 10,1), decloak 1,0 sec, 8,3 signal
mandable mid space, claok timer 6 sec, cloak 7 sec (speed 10,1), decloak about 1,4 seconds, 14,7 signal
siphon mid space, cloak timer 7 sec, cloak 8 sec (speed 10,1), decloak 2,0 sec, signal 16,3

4) combat timer. Friendly fire also starts the timer. the timer only goes on when u hit or get hit, but not when u clsoe to enemy. i can imagine a scout battle where for the game u are out of combat. might change combat timer to b based on enemy combat proximity instead of getting hit.

out of combat mode 1 layer of standard armor repped the same speed as in combat mode orbiting a planet without depot.

a planet with a depot: 5% armor layer reps in 7 seconds outside combat mode, 11,5 seconds inside combat mode (all bassed on 3 runs). so combat mode reduces reps by 50% from depots.

bomber bombing planet: bombing friendly or enemy planet doesnt start combat timer

5) beam target systems. looks great!

oh and 2nd prize is 10,00? seems low compared to other prizes > typo:)

[ This Message was edited by: The Flying Dutchman on 2011-10-03 15:37 ]

Goto the website of Flux Capacitor
CM7
Midshipman
Faster than Light

Posted: 2011-10-03 14:42   
I fell victim to a glitch that made me enter live server with beta properties. This happens every time I try to log into beta. Before the glitch, I was trying to log into beta and was able to launch a ship in one server, but I did not go with it, and then launch another into a different server. Upon spawning in, the game crashed. Don’t know if the two are related.
This glitch has given me some perspective on exactly what was changed on a few ships. My live server ships reflected armor and shield HP changes both positive and negative.

missile Frigate +31~% hp shields and armor
Combat destroyer +~15% hp shields and armor
Border Cruiser +~10% hp shields
Strike Cruiser +~10% hp shields and armor
Assault Dread -~10% hp shields and armor

The rest of the ships in my garage were put away damaged… So I cannot say how they were changed. I was unable to get a feel for these changes in live server, as they were placebos. I suffered damage at an accelerated rate from normal as my HP was not representative of what I actually had in server.

Looking forward to testing these new armor/shield values in combat. Whenever my bug is fixed

Btw ~ means about…

question;

- All Armor and Shield gadgets have had their level modifiers locked to 6. This means all ships now have the armor or shield hp or a dreadnought. Everything else remains unaffected

So now is defense controled through a resistance stat? A scout should not be as defensive as a dread, and i dont think it is... Is this an atempt to move balancing away from stats that player can edit with enh? If so bravo.

**The % values are probably wrong. Bug was probably messing that up too. I noticed when i finaly did get into beta, i had eve more defense rings.**

[ This Message was edited by: *XO*Defiance{CM7} on 2011-10-04 20:40 ]

*FTL*Soulless
Marshal

Posted: 2011-10-03 16:36   
I agree with geja. Could it be made so it just stays on that random device it targets?

The combat times works pretty good so far. I think it should also be made so even if you fire at anything or nothign at all it resets

The lock works but imputing the command to do so is a bit odd at times, even more so if you have a wierd planet name. Why not make it so you can type /lock "" (rank) with the planet name filling in from what one you have targated or could even use the %t command in place of the quotes for the planet you are targating

The changing of armor and shield values could be a problem later on but for now does not seem like the case. though with Ehns its gonna be horrible

Email *FTL*Soulless
Achilles Lord of the Myrmidon
Grand Admiral
The Myrmidon Legion

Posted: 2011-10-03 17:04   
Firstly love the new planet locking system and i love that it responds back with "... under your orders"

Secondly, Escapor has lost his dicto THANK THE GODS!!!. Frankly guys that particular AI was getting annoying to the fact that iwould stop attacking players and chhase him. Thank you for takeing away his dicto

thridly Combat timer= great. Though in agreence with Dutchman I think it should be proximity based because of FF and scout combat. Idea: use a similar code for when Sy's were blokaded based upon enemy ship proximity.

Finally the new beam targeting the systems and moveing inward to the center of a ship. Epic. Though it would look 20% cooler if the beam targeted a bit more randomly first then move inward but. this would be a bit more costly to the server so. maybe not.

All in all I excited to see this hit the normal MV way to go guys.

PS: The armour changes really help for when UGTO bomber frgates are Ecm bombing. So thats really great. Also sense a cruiser has the armour HP of a dread my all time favorite Battle cruiser is now awesome! As said before guys I really look foward to this patch. You guys have out done yoursleves.

[ This Message was edited by: AchillesLT1 on 2011-10-03 17:52 ]

Signature size too large, please resize (600x200x100kb)

Email Achilles Lord of the Myrmidon   Goto the website of Achilles Lord of the Myrmidon
*FTL*Soulless
Marshal

Posted: 2011-10-03 19:30   
The change to armor threw off the maneuverability of UGTO ships. In everything below Dreadnaughts they lost 2 degrees to their maneuverability.

Also after a few tests it seems that the balance is good between ICC and UGTO, but i feel that offience should be increased. Maybe by 5 or so percent. But its to early to tell at this point

Email *FTL*Soulless
Fluttershy
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2011-10-03 23:11   
I'm getting a lot of client freeze ups, but I can't find any particular reason.

My only guess is that if I'm pressing a number of keys in quick succession it tends to lock up. ie. I was quickly firing off guns in sequence while changing direction.

CM7
Midshipman
Faster than Light

Posted: 2011-10-03 23:53   
testing of same class ships UGTO Vs ICC yielded mixed results.

These were only first impression tests, they were not repeated for continuity.

HC vs BC- I piloted the HC. I rushed head on into the battle and closed to beam range, just to see what the armor and shield boost felt like. I died accordingly, as i should have.

CD vs GD- i piloted the CD and tried to keep at least 300gu distance on the GD. Was able to hit him at 500gu with most of my shots when firing in salvos. Was hard to dodge his shots at 300gu. The pecking every once in a while was able to wear me down faster than my nearly focused fire could wear him down. I tried everything, tried to get on his tail, tried to keep distance with point jumps, tried running def mode on all shields, tried running def mode on only one shield. Nothing seemed to work. I died hardly doing any hull damage to him. Ill defiantly be re-visiting this one.

AF vs IF- i piloted the AF even more cautiously. Maintained 300gu distance or over, unless i knew i could get on his tail. Managed shields independent of each other, Left and right on, for and aft off. def mode on left, shucked energy overages into the fore and aft inactive shields to act like buffer tanks. Carefully dodged all incoming fire i could while keeping a maintainable speed for the energy drain of my shields and weapons. Only fired in salvos, only fired torps when i knew they would hit, used point jumps to keep my distance due to reduced speed, kept a close eye on ammo, switched aft and fore shield on only when under direct fire, turning them back off when safe. Even with this level of management, we still died at the same time.

My thought is, you should not have to be a tactical genius or a contortionist to make ICC on the level with UGTO or kluth.

As dreads are not nearly as affected (dread vs dread), i think my next tests will focus on Small ships vs Dreads, and dreads vs stations. (stations now only having dread level armor).

From here i will try extreme enh combos on likely setups you will find in MV.
IE def moded AD(ICC)
Def moded EAD
def moded SS (ugto)
Makars moded GD
ect

-Testing ICC Vs Kluth should be interesting. Originaly i though def mode would be OP now.. but that was not the case with ugto.. dunno about kluth though (long periods in between attacks). AHR properties with new armor HP values needs to be looked at

-Most of the comunity agreed that projectiles should be more acurate. Now they are. Go see if its too much. (more acurate due to slower turn speeds for all exept BC(icc)

-ICC BC affected by new mass of dread level shields? Affected by new dread level energy leaching shields?

-oveall def mode hampered on lower class ships due to dread level shields and lower energy output?

I cant account for ALL factions. But i promise, ill get ICC squared away.

[ This Message was edited by: *XO*Defiance{CM7} on 2011-10-03 23:59 ]

Whiterin
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2011-10-04 05:44   
So far, I have tried out ICC for the few minutes before my game crashes. Still having that issue as well. Only seems to affect me on ICC or UGTO. I was able to play on Kluth yesterday without an issue. Will try Kluth next to see how it is.

Anyways, some thoughts from what I have gotten so far, will add more as I play more. Will also control myself and avoid making any suggestions about things, though I do have them:

- Railguns seem to have tighter groupings when shooting. Didn't see anything about this in patch notes, but it does seem to be the case.

- The new beam effects are cool. Pretty subtle, but neat when you notice them.

- My HC I was in did seem to last a bit longer defense wise then I expected it too... but it's hard to be sure without more play/testing.

- Playing a K'Luth Claw... it definately feels more durible in battle. Going to see what it does with enhs.
- I do have to say though, I am a bit concerned about the new armor changes, and the way it will affect smaller ships which can out manuver larger ships as it already is.

- I like the speed increase of repairs when out of combat. I am a pretty impatient guy, so getting back out there faster is always good in my opinion. It doesn't seem to repair hull faster though?

- The new locking planet seems a bit touch and go. Sometimes it locks to the correct rank... sometimes it seems to default to Ensign.
- Scratch that, my mistake. Seems when you put in an incorrect rank it just randomly assigns one.
- Will there be a menu for this, or is it always going to be a text based command?

- The graphical issue with ICC shields taking damage seems to be worse in this version. Guessing due to the new sweeping effect of beams.
- This doesn't seem to happen with Dreads, and gets worse the smaller the ship is.

- A few times when shooting at small ships, Eg. Corvettes, the beams seem to target space BEHIND the ship, not hitting the actual ship itself.

- I like the addition of the little repair robats when orbiting planets to get repairs. They seem to swarm now, which looks neat.

[ This Message was edited by: Whiterin on 2011-10-04 07:12 ]

Forger of Destiny
Chief Marshal
We Kick Arse

Posted: 2011-10-04 08:47   
armor and shield devices have hp equal to a dread's armor/shield hp. but this does not account for hp regeneration.

regen rates - (active shields) - (reactive shields) -
frigate - 14%/60 sec - 41%/60 sec
dread2 - 11%/60 sec - 30%/60 sec

this regeneration can result in scout and frigate battles lasting very long (and even not ending), where the fighters deal barely 20-25% damage in a minute.

planetary fire damages me at 850~ gu, beyond the radius of planet control. radius of the specific planet was 100 gu. is this specifically intended to damage ships including bombers which may be attacking a planet?

some people have complained about client freezes on ugto/icc. i encountered it after about 10 minutes on the playing field. i was in an AD, being attacked by an ai Battle dread. i was moments away from destroying the BD's supply ship when the freeze+crash occured.
[ This Message was edited by: 4th on 2011-10-04 09:54 ]

CM7
Midshipman
Faster than Light

Posted: 2011-10-04 20:19   
I can confirm a crash when your usking kluth beams.

Was firing ruptors and assault ruptors on a combat destroyer. Its shields/armor/hull dropped WAY too fast, then it reisted all my shots at 0 hull. Then i was taken to a "lost connection with server" screen. It crashed hard, had to use task manager to stop the program.

I was using a parisite cruiser (all beams) fighting inside an enemy indictor field (planetary)

[ This Message was edited by: *XO*Defiance{CM7} on 2011-10-04 20:20 ]

*FTL*Soulless
Marshal

Posted: 2011-10-04 20:39   
i laged out after a siphon fired on me. Could it be the server its self or the change to beams?

Email *FTL*Soulless
Pantheon
Marshal
Palestar

Posted: 2011-10-04 21:12   
Quote:

On 2011-10-04 20:39, Kanos wrote:
i laged out after a siphon fired on me. Could it be the server its self or the change to beams?

Could be the server itself. Will check with Faustus. Crashes are common in beta as we use it to test code. I'll get F to take a look at the last two major changes that myself and Fattierob commited to see if either one could be causing them (although we bulletproof'd them rather hard).

Fattierob
Vice Admiral

Posted: 2011-10-05 01:31   
I've sat in my private server and fired beams at ships for an hour and couldn't get the damn thing to crash. Hopefully we'll find out why it's crashing soon.

Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
Page created in 0.023168 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR