No kills today... yet.

Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
03/30/24 +2.2 Days

Search

Anniversaries

No anniversaries today.

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » Tactics & New Players » » Player killed by ?!
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
 Author Player killed by ?!
Flux Capacitor
Marshal

Posted: 2011-10-08 18:27   
because sometimes its funny to see players ask about it

naaah, faustus isnt that evil

Goto the website of Flux Capacitor
Thrie
Fleet Admiral
Raven Warriors

Posted: 2011-10-08 18:37   
Because asteroids was a great idea but now they rarely serve any purpose other then make your ship explode spontaneously. If i remember correctly, space rocks were supposed to provide faster resource gathering or some sorta strategic value in ship/fleet maneuvers. I wouldn't know anyway, never came across one yet. I wonder how much server resource is freed up if space rocks were removed though.....

The whole system/hull damage/exploding part after you jump can easily be blamed on lag... most times, that's the case anyway.

Email Thrie
Thernhoghas
Grand Admiral
Exathra Alliance Fleet

Posted: 2011-10-08 20:32   
Quote:

On 2011-10-08 18:37, Thrie wrote:
Because asteroids was a great idea but now they rarely serve any purpose other then make your ship explode spontaneously. If i remember correctly, space rocks were supposed to provide faster resource gathering or some sorta strategic value in ship/fleet maneuvers. I wouldn't know anyway, never came across one yet. I wonder how much server resource is freed up if space rocks were removed though.....

The whole system/hull damage/exploding part after you jump can easily be blamed on lag... most times, that's the case anyway.

asteroids have a resource output of 30 res per second per mining beam unlike planets which have only 15

Fluttershy
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2011-10-08 22:43   
The trick is finding the asteroids without leaving a crater in one.

Forger of Destiny
Chief Marshal
We Kick Arse

Posted: 2011-10-09 00:26   
Quote:

On 2011-10-08 09:24, Demigan wrote:
What has been removed, the being destroyed part when you have too many systems broken, or the fact that you damage your systems when jumping and you are damaged?

The moment I jumped, nearly 7 or 8 systems became damaged, I wasn't destroyed, but they WERE damaged.
I have been destroyed a few times when loads of systems were damaged, but I was never certain if it was systems damage or firepower that did it in the end.

So yes, I would love to have an old-timer explain to me how and what.

i dont know about jump mechanics prevalent before 1.520, but from then i assure you that lag and desync are the main culprit behind the damage received after/while jumping.

on the client (your) side, you pressed the jump button when an enemy was attacking you/was recharging weapons to attack you. you think that now youre at FTL speeds so you cannot be damaged further.

on the server (game) side, due to latency, your jump command was received about 1 or 2 seconds late (this can be as high as 6 seconds). during those seconds the enemy fired at you, dealing hull damage.

once the server receives the jump command the server-side version of you jump away from the enemy and avoids further damage. upon updating the client side with the extra damage you find yourself having systems damage, hull damage and armor/shields damage while in jump.

demi if you have more queries plz ask ingame.

flutter do you experience chat lag (chat is updated slowly and after long periods of time) or contact lag (you jump into a new place but cannot select objects within 5kgu of you) or even ship lag (ships do barrel rolls, turn while going straight, refuse to die even at 0 hull)?
if any, then you are victim of lag. fibre optics cables can help you a lot, ask JBud for more information.

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
Page created in 0.008995 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR